Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Yeah,it was OK. Not hot garbage like sharktamer and Two Finger insist it is,but I did find it...meh. I'm pretty sure America will probably be annihilated in nuclear war with Russia before TFS gets to the good parts,at this rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Did zamasu's hatred of ningen extend to non-sapient animal and plant life forms? I'd have to guess so since he reduced earth to ashen wastes, but then again there was a lot of trees around he and black's loveshack and zamasu still seemed p relaxed there

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I like the new DBZA episode. Count me as pro-16, that song had me howling all the way through.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Supersonic Shine posted:

I like the new DBZA episode. Count me as pro-16, that song had me howling all the way through.

Yeah,that was probably the best part. Besides Tien being the snarkiest motherfucker. "Kikohow you're doing?"

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Jimmy Firecracker was the best, though Tien a close second.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Two Finger posted:

Yeah I can see how redoing what was a very tedious part of the show with the same jokes was a good idea.

I dunno I guess it should be funny to have their Mr. Satan be the least funny part of a comedy using the same material that made him a funny (to some) part of the more serious show.

But the "is this guy really going to fight me???" bit falls a bit flat after the string of shorts they did with other popular anime challengers.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

The transitional episodes are sometimes a bit slow, but now to probably the three parter episode 60, it'll be the proper Cell Games. So I'm fine with it.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

D-

Did Mr Satan just get killed off and butterflied away from future sagas? That impact looked deadlier.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Grouchio posted:

D-

Did Mr Satan just get killed off and butterflied away from future sagas? That impact looked deadlier.

Or he just sustained severe brain damage. Or what little's there to damage,anyway.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

That wasn't worth the wait!

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Grouchio posted:

D-

I can't imagine that's the case unless TFS are just straight up not doing anything after Cell.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I doubt they'd kill off Satan but even if they did he'd just get revived by the Dragonballs at the end like everyone else Cell killed.

Now the people killed by 19 and 20, they're just poo poo outta luck.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Cabbit posted:

I can't imagine that's the case unless TFS are just straight up not doing anything after Cell.

Considering he is the one that throws 16's head to Gohan, he ain't dead

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Testekill posted:

Considering he is the one that throws 16's head to Gohan, he ain't dead
Goku backing off and telling Gohan that he should be the one to defeat cell, followed by giving cell a Sensu bean, can also trigger Gohan's SS2 transformation. Because he would be so pissed by that.

Imagine Gohan killing Goku in rage for that act rather than Goku blowing himself up with cell.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Tribladeofchaos posted:

Some of the jokes went on a bit long but it was still good. Seriously still not feeling Satan/Hercule's voice though, the dub voice is just too good.

I really like that voice for him when he's not in THE CHAMP mode. When Cell's going in on him.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Grouchio posted:

Goku backing off and telling Gohan that he should be the one to defeat cell, followed by giving cell a Sensu bean, can also trigger Gohan's SS2 transformation. Because he would be so pissed by that.

Imagine Gohan killing Goku in rage for that act rather than Goku blowing himself up with cell.

No dude, just.... no.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
dbza's pretty consistently not funny to me, imo.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

tbp posted:

Then don't watch it.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

oh boy dbza after a long work day hooray

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

tbp posted:

IMO, DBZA is pretty consistently funny to you. What now?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Cabbit posted:

which they explicitly are so nah he's fine

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Blockhouse posted:

which they explicitly are so nah he's fine

Pretty sure they are doing Buu if they don't all die before they get there.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Raxivace posted:

Oh yeah? What is Roshi even the Master of at this point!!!??

All of his students surpassed him! He is old and outdated! #TeamKrillin #MakeMarronProudAgain

He's the Master... OF BATION. He will never lose his title so long as he has access to exercise tapes.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Neo_Crimson posted:

Pretty sure they are doing Buu if they don't all die before they get there.

yeah that's what I mean they're doing Buu

they've already casted people

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I thought Goku matter-of-factly explaining that they were all dead anyway if Gohan died was pretty funny

e: Ox King saying that he hoped Goku would die was funny in a dark way

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
new DBZA was pretty good, Cell's exchange with yamcha and tien being my favorite part

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I like the idea that Cell really hates Tien.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Testekill posted:

I like the idea that Cell really hates Tien.

He was also friendly with Yamcha :3

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

CharlestheHammer posted:

Then don't watch it.

i dont

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

It was brief and fun to watch

Yamcha really is more useful by default just for the bottles and towels

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

tbp posted:

Thanks for the input! Attention everyone! This person doesn't like thing, okay? Just wanted to really drive the point home. I'm sure we will all adjust our opinions accordingly. You're all set dude!

:jerkbag:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

graham cracker posted:

Thanks for the input! Attention everyone! This person doesn't like thing, okay? Just wanted to really drive the point home. I'm sure we will all adjust our opinions accordingly. You're all set dude!

:jerkbag:

Good post my dude

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
So. They did answer why no Goten and Trunks. Because while powerful, they have no experience, and since the win-con isn't to defeat the opponent but throw them off the platform, they would get someone with more experience. Like Roshi.

Also the Supreme Kai has gone off to the other 28 inhabited planets in Universe 7 (only 28, since a lot of planets have been destroyed) to look for powerful life forms.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Vegeta stole the episode without speaking for the most part.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Krillin is gaining a new technique next week!!!!!!!!! GET loving HYPED!

Also he's gonna help an old woman cross the street and that owns hard.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Mar 26, 2017

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
squeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! that episode was all i've ever wanted from dragonball and more!!

edit: cept for the parts where they implied Bulla couldn't "train"

Lupus Rufus fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Mar 26, 2017

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Onmi posted:

Also the Supreme Kai has gone off to the other 28 inhabited planets in Universe 7 (only 28, since a lot of planets have been destroyed)

This makes a startling amount of sense.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I imagine Frieza's conquest didn't help much with planet populations either.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

lmao they thought of roshi and loving 17 before tien, rip in piece buddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Nobody is gonna comment on what Whis did? loving births a baby out of thin air? lol I love this series

• Locked thread