Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
watch Beerus in the background of every

since

scene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

This episode was another cute low-key slice of life kind of thing and they still managed to sneak a little fight into it, this arc seems to be where Super is actually getting really good

the preview made it look like Krillin's facing off against Gohan and Goku one after the other next episode and I am real excited to see how much he's improved and what cool stuff he's come up with

solar flare still relevant even now, good stuff

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
How is hell is there only 28 planets with sentient life in the entire universe? The saiyans would send their babies to conquer and sell weak planets, I think they had more than 28 babies!

Heck I bet there are more than 28 types of alien soldiers in friezas army.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Rutibex posted:

The saiyans would send their babies to conquer and sell weak planets

that was a movie thing

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Cease to Hope posted:

that was a movie thing

That is literally the reason Goku is on Earth. Radditz explained the whole deal.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Rutibex posted:

How is hell is there only 28 planets with sentient life in the entire universe? The saiyans would send their babies to conquer and sell weak planets, I think they had more than 28 babies!

The Saiyans were never particularly good at marketing, unfortunately.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Rutibex posted:

Clearly there's only 28 planets left because the Saiyans would send their kids to other planets to kill everyone and sell them.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Also Freeza did kinda

Murder

A lot of people

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Beerus destroying worlds for petty reasons related to food certainly didn't help matters either. He destroys two or three in the first few episodes of Super alone IIRC.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
There are 44 unique races is Friezas army alone! Not to mention the aliens Babidi brought along with him, and the metal man planet, and the race of the universe 6/7 tournament announcer, the race of the tentacle galactic king guy, Jako, planet Yardrat etc....!

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Galactic_Frieza_Army

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Clearly there's only 28 planets left because the Saiyans would send their kids to other planets to kill everyone and sell them.

If this is the case Supreme Kai really has been dropping the ball very hard. Kid Buu blew up a few planets in the time between blowing up Earth and the final fight!

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Mar 26, 2017

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rutibex posted:

These two facts are probably connected.

Also keep in mind that there can be planets with one more than species or species who lost their planet (like, uh, the Saiyans.)

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Vegeta is such a good dad and he's so embarrased by this fact

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
In Resurrection F they mention that the Frieza Forces still control like 448 planets. If there are only 28 planets left there has been some kind of really bad genocide recently! maybe Zeno was right.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Rutibex posted:

In Resurrection F they mention that the Frieza Forces still control like 448 planets. If there are only 28 planets left there has been some kind of really bad genocide recently! maybe Zeno was right.

Obviously they can easily control those planets because there is nobody on them.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rutibex posted:

The Frieza Force explicitly controls planets that have had life wiped out to be sold. That's their entire thing in fact and why they're all reduced to numbered planets.

Like the stated pre-DBZ purpose of the Saiyans was to send them to planets so they killed everyone on them.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
A bunch of the Aliens we have likely seen have probably lost their original planet.

Given that Universe 6 has big universal hub worlds, it appears that Frost going for good PR was a good thing.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I am going to believe that Supreme Kai is an idiot and doesn't know how many planets are in his own universe. He didn't know about the metal men.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Bulla was literally birthed by an angel, this is symbolism if i was motivated enough to find it

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

continuity isn't dbz's strong suit

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
I liked Vegeta's name better. :saddowns:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Maybe it's '28 planets that might have decent fighters and aren't total shitholes.' Like they might not get any recruits from Freeza Force planets even if they did run into some Ginyu force candidate.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Rutibex posted:

I am going to believe that Supreme Kai is an idiot and doesn't know how many planets are in his own universe. He didn't know about the metal men.

This sounds way more plausible than trying to square the other theories about the amount of life in the universe.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Watching the dub Super episodes that at the end of the Beerus arc...and they make a mention of their fight causing shockwaves that start to destroy planets the further from the source. It would be amusing and ironic for Beerus the reason their ranking is so low is due to their fight causing a lot of the planets to be destroyed.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I find it really interesting that neither Goku nor Gohan remembered Tien, when they know for a fact that he's easily stronger than Krillin.

Makes me wonder if he's going to get a cool moment that reminds them of him or if they're just going to go "Oh yeah, Tien!"

Also get poo poo on Yamcha

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

I personally can't wait until the next time jump when goku and vegeta both have beards, gohan is in his 30s, goten and trunks are young adults like gohan is currently, and pan and bulla are the OP kids just like gohan was v. raditz.

gently caress it, give kuririn, tien, and piccolo beards too.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Burkion posted:

I find it really interesting that neither Goku nor Gohan remembered Tien, when they know for a fact that he's easily stronger than Krillin.

Makes me wonder if he's going to get a cool moment that reminds them of him or if they're just going to go "Oh yeah, Tien!"

Also get poo poo on Yamcha

krillin's stronger. he hangs out with androids and his kid and fights crime

tien chops wood in the mountains with a clown. he and the clown probably met when tien was a freak at the circus

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Gohan: Hey Dad, what about Tien?
Goku: What about Tien?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
They should get Mercenary Tao.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Burkion posted:

But he's not. Tien literally gave a mini-speech about giving up on trying to keep up with the Saiyans during the cell saga. If he'd continued to do anything more than simply maintain they'd have been able to find him during the Buu Saga when they were looking for him to enter the tournament just by sensing his Ki.

Adder Moray fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Mar 26, 2017

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Adder Moray posted:

But he's not.

When has Krillin shown to be anywhere near stronger than Tien since the Cell Saga.

I'm including the Buu Saga here. Krillin gave up fighting after Cell while Tien didn't. Tien has shown that he's never slacked on his training and upkeep, while Krillin only recently started training again.

How do you think Tien is weaker, exactly? Like an actual reason would be nice.

EDIT: Tien gave up on trying to keep up with the SSJs, not give up fighting all together.

Also he likely doesn't have his ki at max all the time- none of them do when they're in down time. So of course he'd be hard to find.

Thinking on that, it'd be kind of amusing if that's part of the problem. They don't know where to find Tien

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Tien was most interesting when he was Goku's douchebag rival back in Dragon Ball.

Now he's just "random triclops who hangs around with a clown midget".

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So did Dragon Ball Fusion ever let you fuse Chiaotzu and Android 19 into the ultimate clown midget?

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Burkion posted:

When has Krillin shown to be anywhere near stronger than Tien since the Cell Saga.

I'm including the Buu Saga here. Krillin gave up fighting after Cell while Tien didn't. Tien has shown that he's never slacked on his training and upkeep, while Krillin only recently started training again.

Direct statement by both character in universe and the actual author.

I'll add that, prior to Super, it was never stated that Krillin gave up training, just fighting.

Burkion posted:

EDIT: Tien gave up on trying to keep up with the SSJs, not give up fighting all together.

Also he likely doesn't have his ki at max all the time- none of them do when they're in down time. So of course he'd be hard to find.

Thinking on that, it'd be kind of amusing if that's part of the problem. They don't know where to find Tien

The average (and we're talking a farmer here, so above average) human has a PL of 5. Did Tien just take a week off to lay in bed that just so happened to coincide with the tournament? Because otherwise, he's one of the biggest powers on the planet. If he's doing anything other than maintenance he should be pretty easy to pick up.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I guess mortal level means power level after all! :twisted:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
If you go by Author's Word, Tien isn't even human. He's half alien or whatever.

So when Toriyama talks about the strongest human, the choices are loving Roshi, Yamcha and Krillin.

Mind you I find that stupid. Tien might as well be human, why wouldn't he be?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Burkion posted:

Honestly most of that was "Toriyama sez so". But Krillin will definitely be stronger by Super episode 84.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Krillin will be stronger than Tien because the rules of drama will call for it, just like everything else in Dragon Ball.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Rirse posted:

So did Dragon Ball Fusion ever let you fuse Chiaotzu and Android 19 into the ultimate clown midget?

no, but he can fuse with a saibaman and guldo

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Krillin got a power up that rocketed him way beyond Tien during Namek.

And the latest arc he got a power up again.

So.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

dragon_pamcake posted:

I liked Vegeta's name better. :saddowns:

Shallot is a name worthy of a Saiyan princess!

Lupus Rufus posted:

squeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! that episode was all i've ever wanted from dragonball and more!!

edit: cept for the parts where they implied Bulla couldn't "train"

I am now saddened by the knowledge that we will probably never get spoiled princess Bra, with the power to back it up.

• Locked thread