Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

If you don't like anime, these are very dark times

Even our president is anime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbM6WbUw7Bs

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

I AM THE ANIME

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Waffleman_ posted:

I think even Toonami realizes that would be a bad idea. The Berserk anime was overwhelmingly unpopular among the western audience. I'd think most casual viewers would turn away once they saw the animation. Then again, RWBY somehow has mainstream popularity, so there's a small chance.

I wouldn't say RWBY has mainstream popularity. It's more like a big Tumblr thing.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
RWBY is definitely popular, but mainstream popularity is a very different thing. That being said, just because the Berserk anime is pretty largely disliked does not mean the guys running AW would not see value in a popular series like Berserk on their block regardless of how mediocre the adaptation. Let alone the fact that Funimation are the ones distributing it in america and they will need something of significance after AOT2 is done being aired. Not that I think it's a guaranteed thing, but let's not act like the Williams Street dudes honestly cares about how much Berserk fans don't like the adaptation.

It also doesn't have the same cast as the 97 anime or the Golden Age movies which is... incredibly suspect especially since Marc Diraison and Carrie Keranen are Cali VAs now.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

Captain Baal posted:

Not that I think it's a guaranteed thing, but let's not act like the Williams Street dudes honestly care about quality

never make the mistake of forgetting this fact

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Last week on Toonami!

Dragon Ball Super: Goku fights Beerus! Yeah!

DBZ Kai: As preparations for the main tournament are underway, the Z Fighters run into two weird dorks and Trunks/Gohan sneak into the proceedings.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Joseph and Lisa Lisa encounter Kars and Wamuu, who take Lisa Lisa and demand that Jojo bring the Stone of Aja to Rome. He does, and now we're about to fight Wamuu!

Hunter x Hunter: The Phantom Troupe makes their move on the auction, but the merchandise has been moved by the mafia! Oh no!

Gundam Unicorn: Does it even matter? Now that it's at 2, nobody has to watch this anymore.

TOKYO GHOUL BEGINS TONIGHT

Steins;Gate: The next D-Mail to be reversed is Moeka's. During the process, Okabe discovers that she's been taking orders from someone called FB, who asked that she take the IBN. Staking out the IBN, Okabe and Moeka find out that FB is Mr. Braun, who was taken in by SERN from the streets at a young age. Using his phone to undo Moeka's D-Mail, the IBN is finally in the Future Lab's possession again, allowing them to scrub themselves from SERN's servers. Realizing that the only D-Mail left to undo is the one he sent to himself at the beginning of the series, Okabe is faced with a difficult choice: If he jumps back to the main timeline, Mayuri will be saved, but it will result in Kurisu's death.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
You forgot something...

Samurai Jack: Jack gets his rear end kicked six ways to Sunday by the Daughters of Aku, who come out of nowhere. Jack gets cornered and manages to get away by the skin of his teeth, but not before taking a knife to the gut and slitting one of the Daughters' throats.

But WHOOOO CARES? I DON'T!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJTk18D_HSM&t=117s

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

God yeah, I forgot Jack.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Trip report on Power Rangers: It was....good!

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

TwoPair posted:

You forgot something...

Samurai Jack: Jack gets his rear end kicked six ways to Sunday by the Daughters of Aku, who come out of nowhere. Jack gets cornered and manages to get away by the skin of his teeth, but not before taking a knife to the gut and slitting one of the Daughters' throats.

But WHOOOO CARES? I DON'T!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJTk18D_HSM&t=117s

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Waffleman_ posted:

Trip report on Power Rangers: It was....good!

The last 25 minutes was good. The rest of it was tolerable enough to get to the last 25 minutes without becoming bored or disgusted.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

http://taima.tv/r/goonami

It's time!

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Whoa, what is this from? I don't remember seeing it.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
BUCKLE UP

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

It's time to meet our destiny.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

That's a lot of blood.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Huh, I thought Funi announced dub news for AoT already, guess they're probably not replacing JoJo with that.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I TOTALLY JUST loving JINXED IT DIDN'T I

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

This is new for Jack, when he was younger nothing was allowed to bleed.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Thank you magic talking frog.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

thank you, Friend Frog, for warning me

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Thank you for the warning, friend frog.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Literally :frogout:

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
:frog:

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
This feels very John Wick

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Guys, I don't think Jack is very well, mentally, right now.

I don't think the magic talking frog was actually a magic talking frog you see.

This suggestion might shock some of you.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Arist posted:

Huh, I thought Funi announced dub news for AoT already, guess they're probably not replacing JoJo with that.

I feel like if they were doing a simuldub on Toonami, they would have announced it by now.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

JT Jag posted:

Guys, I don't think Jack is very well, mentally, right now.

I don't think the magic talking frog was actually a magic talking frog you see.

This suggestion might shock some of you.

no it was real stupid

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

hey, quick question

does anybody know how Death was portrayed in older Japanese folklore?

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
why wouldn't the frog talk

c'mon man

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Oh hey!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Waffleman_ posted:

I feel like if they were doing a simuldub on Toonami, they would have announced it by now.

They waited so loving long to announce DBZ dude

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh jeez

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Oh, hi super-deformed Jack brain-ghost.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
oh good, it's you again

:madmax:

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Not one remembers the bounty hunters. :(

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Jesus, Blue Jack is an rear end in a top hat.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Hello Suicide Ghost, how are you today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD

BER-SER-KER

• Locked thread