Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
3 v 3 matches in the original Splatoon were weirdly empty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Considering I never touched Splatoon 1 I feel kind of ok about those scores!

(There was about a 30 minute period where I lost every match and averaged ~1 K:D and was 2nd or 3rd on points)

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Shockingly, Splatoon is still fun and amazing.

The inkjet is fun as poo poo to use and the quality of life change for the charger is fantastic.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Vertical roller flick is slow but useful.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
These testfires are pretty fun but I feel weird just getting these random squids. I gotta get some customization going or it just feels like a borrowed squid!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Squid girl with long squid bangs and hockey outfit seems to be the way to go?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Squid boy with pompadour is the only way to go imo

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

team wiped using the sting ray, went 9-0, still got it

once the scoped version comes out ur all going to die

(j/ks lets squid party)

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I'm eager to see more of the weapon selection. I'm already jonesing for a longer-range shooter like the squelchers, and my old fave the inkbrush.

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012
Has anyone noticed any new gear abilities? I keep forgetting to look at them when they pop up after someone nails me.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

How to get out of bounds

https://mobile.twitter.com/aoing_z/status/845496010088431616

CatsPajamas
Jul 4, 2013

I hated the new Stupid Newbie avatar so much that I bought a new one for this user. Congrats, Lowtax.
Splatoon 2 has been fun so far!

In the original Splatoon I primarily played shooters (or buckets, or gatlings, basically everything except for chargers and rollers) so in the TestFire I'm solely using the charger and roller so that this time around I could try to get good with a wider variety of weapons. For people who played chargers or rollers in the original Splatoon, how do you guys feel about the changes? It seems like it's harder to one-shot anyone with the roller now, especially with the long vertical jump fling (though I might just be bad), and with chargers I've not been able to use saving a charge effectively because I can't move and aim at a target to get a shot off (again, probably just because I'm bad).

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

nonstop dns errors drivin me crazy. any other ausgoons got tips on how to rectify?

not too annoyed tho cuz it sounds like Spla2n rocks and i will live the squid kid life once more when it launches

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

alf_pogs posted:

nonstop dns errors drivin me crazy. any other ausgoons got tips on how to rectify?

not too annoyed tho cuz it sounds like Spla2n rocks and i will live the squid kid life once more when it launches

Try restarting your Switch. Hold down the power button and select restart. Putting it to sleep doesn't fix it.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

Try restarting your Switch. Hold down the power button and select restart. Putting it to sleep doesn't fix it.

thanks - worked and now im all set for the next session

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
Pressing buttons while in queue now plays "lyrics".

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I notice the testfire saves after each match. It would be cool if something transfers to the full game.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Mar 26, 2017

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Me and someone named Alex are booyahing up a storm and desroying someone named vidjagamez

This is my third play session on the testfire and the dualies just clicked. I am in love.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I am still suiciding by pressing X to jump in a crunch :mad:

My one complaint about 2 so far is that superjumping is a lot harder to do quickly. It is a lot less of a panic escape than it used to be.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I didn't like the dualies at first but I stuck with them and now they're ok. Not sold on the jetpack or the curling bomb.

CoasterMaster
Aug 13, 2003

The Emperor of the Rides

Nap Ghost
Someone is doing a motion control comparison between Splatoon 1 and 2:

https://www.twitch.tv/squirty33

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Overbite posted:

I didn't like the dualies at first but I stuck with them and now they're ok. Not sold on the jetpack or the curling bomb.
Curling bomb is a good way to move and build up ink at the same time by following behind it. I also have a couple sweet bank shot locations on both maps.

CoasterMaster
Aug 13, 2003

The Emperor of the Rides

Nap Ghost

The Bloop posted:

Curling bomb is a good way to move and build up ink at the same time by following behind it. I also have a couple sweet bank shot locations on both maps.

How do you switch between the specials? I can only figure out the jetpack thing

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

A goon who likes Splatoon and One Piece? Why I never!

https://twitter.com/Gamelab2021/status/845484878070112256

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

CoasterMaster posted:

How do you switch between the specials? I can only figure out the jetpack thing

Bombs are a secondary, they fire with R button

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

I'm still looking down at the controller when every match ends

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

.TakaM posted:

I'm still looking down at the controller when every match ends
:same:
Gotta instead press x after every death to prepare jump. Old habits die hard.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Only lost matches with disconnects tonight :black101:

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

How does super jump work?

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

Atoramos posted:

weirdly.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The one thing I hate so far. I'll adapt, but I don't think I'll use it as much.

Aaaaaand it's over. GREAT GAME BOOYAH

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

How's it supposed to work? I think I did it once and had no idea how, and couldn't do it again.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Atoramos posted:

open up map then either use the dpad to select someone to go to or aim with the gyro controls.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
You press X to open the map, and you see your teammates running around along with their relevant d-pad button. While Pressing their d-pad button, you press A.
You can open the map while dead so you can sort of buffer in your jump while you spawn, but be careful not to throw yourself into a spot where you'll die.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

The Bloop posted:

I am still suiciding by pressing X to jump in a crunch :mad:

My one complaint about 2 so far is that superjumping is a lot harder to do quickly. It is a lot less of a panic escape than it used to be.

I never got into the habit of superjumping to escape death and always found it baffling when I saw someone do it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
It's fine for jumping from spawn, but crappy for jumping during matches, especially as an escape.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pokeyman posted:

I never got into the habit of superjumping to escape death and always found it baffling when I saw someone do it.

It felt good to return to spawn and outmaneuver a kraken or whatever, also gave you a quick look at the map and let you reorganize. It was a worthwhile tactic for occasional use.

Deltron 3030
Jul 23, 2006

I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina, and walked right on out of here!
Hmm I seemed to have more disconnects that hour... So it goes. Good stuff, unless I wake up at 7am tomorrow I guess that's all for me.

Also hot drat, I can't wait to get me some Dualies with a better secondary weapon.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

It feels so good to be a squid again. The connection was smooth as silk for me, only issues I had was a few times when my joycon stick got stuck, and that's hardware related. I might have to get a pro controller after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

I really wasnt a huge fan of having a map on a separate screen, but this new map system is rear end.

• Locked thread