Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
"They're punching so hard, its rippling the Higgs field!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
this show is loving bad

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

SgtSteel91 posted:

I've just now wondered, how does one "charge their power?"

Is it concentration, or just psyching themselves up?

At one point they point out it's just standing there and yelling

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

JT Jag posted:

You know, Super tricked me into thinking it wasn't bad, for a while

Then Jack started

DB is best when it's having its cast do casual hum-drum stuff. Apparently this gets better after it stops recapping the movies, or so I've heard.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

dragon ball sure is happening here, huh

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
can't any of these assholes make a parallel universe for them to fight in, come on

HEY THANKS PICCOLO

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

"Oh hey, at least I get to see more of Super Saiyan God Goku fighting. That's cool."

OH WAIT NOPE

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Its this exact sort of poo poo that is the reason that Dragon Ball Z Kai was made

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

PICCOLO SAID THE THING. TITLE DROP.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
why are they in space with the two god men fighting

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
what kills me about this is that we've got a solid goddamned hour until the next good show comes on

and the Australian Grand Prix doesn't start until JoJo does, so I've got nothing good to watch until then

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I like that Pilaf and co are just having a nap.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Genocyber posted:

DB is best when it's having its cast do casual hum-drum stuff. Apparently this gets better after it stops recapping the movies, or so I've heard.

This fight in particular is really weird to go back to cause the rest of Super is nothing like this. There are cuts to the spectators in other eps, sure, but this is insane.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

JT Jag posted:

Its this exact sort of poo poo that is the reason that Dragon Ball Z Kai was made

Super is the Anti-Kai.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

realtalk i'm sure max mittelman will do fine as ryuji, whatever, but i'm still legitimately bummed we didn't get diskin

i know i'm a broken record here but imagining the energy he could have brought to the character and comparing it to the preview footage is disappointing

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Mr. Satan is dealing with Bulma's WMDs, also known as her children.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Apparently the DBS manga doesn't do any of this "worse-than-but-also-taking-longer-than-the-movies" recap bullshit. Good ole' Toei, never change.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Arist posted:

realtalk i'm sure max mittelman will do fine as ryuji, whatever, but i'm still legitimately bummed we didn't get diskin

i know i'm a broken record here but imagining the energy he could have brought to the character and comparing it to the preview footage is disappointing

Mittelman will be okay, but he's not gonna do justice to the character or even approach the things that mamoru miyano did well

Which is literally the whole cast of P5 sans like Morgana and probably Futaba

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Momomo posted:

This fight in particular is really weird to go back to cause the rest of Super is nothing like this. There are cuts to the spectators in other eps, sure, but this is insane.

It is weird to see just how poor Super's BoG arc is compared to the rest of it. I'd say even its Resurrection F arc is better, and then of course its original story arcs are a massive jump in quality.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
*more mouth noises*

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Waffleman_ posted:

21 and 22.

Whis, stop trollin.

Gah, dammit yeah the end of Ep. 22 was what I wanted to catch for sure, really both 21 and 22 are real drat good overall but the ending of 22 gets me every time :qq:. I'll be sure to remember to show up for the big finale next week, but I'm sad that I missed out on the chat for that moment in particular and those two episodes overall.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

This is episode 10 of an adaptation of an 80-minute movie.
There are 2 episodes left before it moves on to the next plot.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
whaaaat

SNAAAAKE

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Wow, Metal Gear review?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

OLD SCHOOL REVIEW

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Holy poo poo, a Moltar review.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Oh poo poo, classic game review.

bondster
May 6, 2007

Metal Gear Solid: 8/10

OH poo poo OLD SCHOOL 5/5

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

wtf is this

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Hell, same moltar.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
wow

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

while i'm talking about persona tho i remember when baal and endorph were saying persona 4 isn't funny and nobody mentioned teddie growing a body by doing sit-ups or kanji not using a seashell to hide his penis because "it's too sexy" and smh

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Too much nostalgia

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
Phil Lamarr is conducting an AMA right now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/samuraijack/comments/61jnu8/i_am_phil_lamarr_actor_dodger_fan_voice_of/

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

I like how that review makes no mention of that game's copious insane bullshit.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

troy baker's pronunciation of "ruckus" gets me every time

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Arist posted:

while i'm talking about persona tho i remember when baal and endorph were saying persona 4 isn't funny and nobody mentioned teddie growing a body by doing sit-ups or kanji not using a seashell to hide his penis because "it's too sexy" and smh

Those gags were funny but i barely remember because they're buried underneath all of the lovely ones

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
this is just going for maximum cheese at this point

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

WHAT IS THIS SCOTT PILGRIM VS THE TWO DJ EVIL EXES IN THE MOVIE BULLSHIT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_nPp64OrBc

• Locked thread