Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

British values will stop radicalisation?
The boat is marked "radicaliZation", it's a statement on how the American perspective is not a good fit for London.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Samurai Sanders posted:

The thing is, I agree with Trump voters that having a professional political class running the country at all times is a problem. However, so far Trump has demonstrated the necessity of it better than anything else. Another reason to say gently caress Trump in hell I guess.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_law_of_oligarchy

As long as gaining membership in the ruling class is not an unduly onerous task, and as long as the ruling class can be influenced by a motivated group of constituents, that is literally democracy as we know it, as good as it gets.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Spiffster posted:

It seems like letting people in is a good idea until you look at the boat as a whole as it will destroy your institution in one passing motion.

It's still a poo poo cartoon

Right, in Ramirez fashion the front of the ship should have been labeled "tolerance," "diversity," or "not putting them in camps," and the big part of the ship that's going to destroy the bridge should have been "radicalization."

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Mar 26, 2017

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This is legit hilarious :lol:

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Xander77 posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_law_of_oligarchy

As long as gaining membership in the ruling class is not an unduly onerous task, and as long as the ruling class can be influenced by a motivated group of constituents, that is literally democracy as we know it, as good as it gets.

Yep, there will always be a "political class," there has always been a political class, and even in the most anarcho-syndicalist jerkoff wet dream possible there is still a political class in the form of "the people who care the most."

The idea is not to eliminate the political class but to ensure anyone driven and capable enough can become part of it without regard to irrelevant qualifications, such as money or family name.

Quorum fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Mar 26, 2017

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

I like how Dracbama staked one of them through both the chest and the face. :allears:

Still, totally bizaro seeing a funny Ramirez.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

It's the only way to be insured.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Dracula was a heretical foreign nobleman who threatened the purity of the white race and seduced the mentally infirm underclass into servitude and cannibalistic madness; in retrospect it's surprising more cartoonists didn't use vampiric imagery for Obama.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Scholtz posted:

It's the only way to be insured.

:golfclap:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I like how Dracbama staked one of them through both the chest and the face. :allears:

I think the one with a stake in its forehead is grabbing a stake in the back of a different, face-down one.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Doc Hawkins posted:

Dracula was a heretical foreign nobleman who threatened the purity of the white race and seduced the mentally infirm underclass into servitude and cannibalistic madness; in retrospect it's surprising more cartoonists didn't use vampiric imagery for Obama.

Couldn't figure out how to simultaneously draw him unearthly pale and terribly, terribly black.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Quorum posted:

Yep, there will always be a "political class," there has always been a political class, and even in the most anarcho-syndicalist jerkoff wet dream possible there is still a political class in the form of "the people who care the most."

The idea is not to eliminate the political class but to ensure anyone driven and capable enough can become part of it without regard to irrelevant qualifications, such as money or family name.
Yeah, I can accept that.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

My reading of it is that the Republicans all staked each other while Obama lay there quietly.

Either way, it's actually a decent cartoon by Ramirez, and is also notable for his usage of a bad guy to portray Obama for once, instead of Jesus, Santa, Luke Skywalker, George Bailey, Robin Hood, etc. Perhaps Mikey fell and hit his head.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Obama just wants to incentivise transfers of blood to the rich and powerful, he's no worse than Peter Thiel, noted good person.

(Although the idea that Obama likes sucking puts all those 'He's Gay!'/'Michelle is trans!' conservative headcannons in a new light.)

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I thought the repub elephants accidentally staked each other trying to get Barackula

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Re: political dynasties, my friend's grandpa is a conspiracy theorist, and he once told me that every president is related, and they're all related to the British royal family, so every president was elected only because they're all related, and it was all planned. I wonder if ol' Zyklon believes this, and Trump is the first president to destroy this evil globalist elitist nepotism.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Skippy Granola posted:

I thought the repub elephants accidentally staked each other trying to get Barackula

Yeah, that's how I figured it too.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Skippy Granola posted:

that is the message but never underestimate the ability of people to read stuff wrong

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

ah man such a good idea and such terrible execution

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

serious question, has tinsley ever texted

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Munchables posted:

Re: political dynasties, my friend's grandpa is a conspiracy theorist, and he once told me that every president is related, and they're all related to the British royal family, so every president was elected only because they're all related, and it was all planned. I wonder if ol' Zyklon believes this, and Trump is the first president to destroy this evil globalist elitist nepotism.

I wonder how he fits Obama into this

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I'm not a millennial or anything but I figured with modern text prediction methods there weren't all that many abbreviations that were worth using anymore.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Trogdos! posted:

I wonder how he fits Obama into this

funfact: Obama is actually related to the Bushes, like long removed cousins

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Kurtofan posted:

funfact: Obama is actually related to the Bushes

That's what he said

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Samurai Sanders posted:

I'm not a millennial or anything but I figured with modern text prediction methods there weren't all that many abbreviations that were worth using anymore.

AFAIK txt speak is very dead but YMMV. It was pretty dumb IMHO.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Suck poo poo, your party's broken you egg-headed gently caress. :twisted:

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

lol. smh, tbh.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Tiler Kiwi posted:

lol. smh, tbh.

Lmbo

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Quorum posted:

Ironically the best way to ensure this is to increase politicians salary, so a person can live on a state senators salary without needing to be independently wealthy.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Munchables posted:

Every human is related if you go back far enough

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Tiler Kiwi posted:

lol. smh, tbh.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"London, always defiant and determined – Chris Riddell on the Westminster attack and the capital’s long history of resistance to terror"

Sunday Telegraph:

Ukip's only MP Douglas Carswell quits party

Independent on Sunday:

Sunday Times:

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Munchables posted:

I mean, technically, yeah, a majority of presidents have European royal genealogies somewhere down the line (even Obama), but so does like a third of Europe. Funnily enough, this obsession with royal blood gave birth this rather quirky theory.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Starving Wolf posted:

I mean, technically, yeah, a majority of presidents have European royal genealogies somewhere down the line (even Obama), but so does like a third of Europe. Funnily enough, this obsession with royal blood gave birth this rather quirky theory.

Huh, maybe that was what he was talking about. Probably minus the refutations; dude had a ton pictures of UFOs, chemtrails, Owl Grove or whatever on his computer and link shortcuts on the desktop :psyduck:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I have no idea if it's serious or Poe's Law in action, I'm sure SOMEOME sincerely buys into it, but there's a conspiracy about Australia being a hoax. Like, the literal landmass of Australia being a lie perpetuated by the British to cover up that they just murdered those convicts they claim were dumped off there. If you take flight there, you go to a fake island in like South America or something full of actors.

It's especially hilarious given how the British doesn't exactly hide how many natives they're murdered in their long history, so why give such a drat about ostensibly less sympathetic people

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer
Crisis actors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

British accents and "Australian" accents are eerily similar to my North American ears, it can't not mean anything

• Locked thread