Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
"Wait, so I just have to drink a ton of beer? loving sweet!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Start the car, I'm about to do something stupid

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
"welp, I always knew the Rapture was gonna happen someday, but I didn't think it would be here and now

or to him"

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Roadhog.gif

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Is he even old enough to drive?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

They're didn't gag him?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
K and O's excellent road trip.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Rhonne posted:

Is he even old enough to drive?

hunter license, duh

e: CHAIN JAIL

e2: oh word, what the poo poo

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Hahahahahahaha

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Kurapika's got a powerful bird to flip.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Kurapika has sworn only to ever flick off the Phantom Troupe.

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs
I love that Chain Jail is on his middle finger

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

That seems...like a dumb rule.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

I like how he made one of his strongest moves his middle finger.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

That's a dumb idea! Fake edit: oh maybe not

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Kurapika specced super duper hard in Anti-Spider skills, but gently caress if it didn't work out well.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Rhonne posted:

This is a very important nen mechanic.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Rhonne posted:

Without it the chains wouldn't be worth poo poo

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

The edgiest of edgelords

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

RentACop posted:

That's a dumb idea! Fake edit: oh maybe not

Pretty much this. Kurapica basically specced himself for the Phantom Troupe and not much else.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
he literally min-maxed his feats to pull this off

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I'm gonna watch House on Turner Classic, you people enjoy getting mad at your show

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

Oh Snapple! posted:

Fair enough. Hopefully he never has to fight anything more powerful than the Troupe.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Genocyber posted:

Pretty much this. Kurapica basically specced himself for the Phantom Troupe and not much else.

He was dedicated to having his sheet match his backstory.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

I've joked before, but everyone should really pay attention when they explain it in a bit more detail next week

Because it'll come up again in a big way

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Oh Snapple! posted:

And let's be honest, if there's one group of assholes you want someone in your group specced as their Racial Enemy, it's the Phantom Troupe.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

JT Jag posted:

I've joked before, but everyone should really pay attention when they explain it in a bit more detail next week

But we got like 100 episodes before that.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

But we got like 100 episodes before that.
Oh yeah, it's just something to keep in mind, for two years from now.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I have seen this scene like twelve times.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

fit em all up in there posted:

https://synchtu.be/r/DIrttoDirt
Come, watch some good Gundam and Teenagers who enjoy taking a potato chip and eating it

Starts in two minutes

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Kurapika min-maxing his skills to be undefeatable, but only against 12 specific people that he doesn't know the identities of, is what sold me on Nen.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Oh right that battle is still going.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
"You know this is pointless! None of what you're doing... is going to accomplish anything!"

A rare moment of self-awareness in this anime about space politics and the mecha who love them.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I'm glad we could cut away from robot action to see a teenager beat up a grown rear end man

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Mob Psycho 100 has better psychic fights, fyi.

You know, something that could have been voted for.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Mob Psycho 100 has better psychic fights, fyi.

You know, something that could have been voted for.

It wouldn't have replaced gundam.

Instead it was launched into space never to be heard again.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

G Gundam is so good

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

bondster posted:

Thinking about this main characters dilemma reminds me a lot of Valvrave's character going through the same kind of poo poo.

And now I'm remembering all the loving failed potential of Valvrave.

God, such a waste. That just exploded into a fiery wreck just before the end of the first season, didn't it?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

JT Jag posted:

Based on my knowledge of anime tropes, I'm going to assume that "coming up again in a big way" means that Kurapika (and maybe Gon and others) is gonna get in a fight way out of his league with a non-Spider enemy and then use his forbidden jutsu super nen move as a last resort, probably while screaming a lot, then he'll almost die but be brought back from the brink (by Leorio's mad doctor skillz?). HxH has been good about subverting expectations though, so I'm sure I'm wrong.

Also I just watched Tokyo Ghoul and I didn't think it was horrible. Didn't seem fantastic, but definitely not horrible. My only big problem is that the premise of a human turned zombie ghoul hoping to not eat flesh just makes me think of iZombie and how much I'd rather watch that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

TwoPair posted:

Based on my knowledge of anime tropes, I'm going to assume that "coming up again in a big way" means that Kurapika (and maybe Gon and others) is gonna get in a fight way out of his league with a non-Spider enemy and then use his forbidden jutsu super nen move as a last resort, probably while screaming a lot, then he'll almost die but be brought back from the brink (by Leorio's mad doctor skillz?). HxH has been good about subverting expectations though, so I'm sure I'm wrong.

Also I just watched Tokyo Ghoul and I didn't think it was horrible. Didn't seem fantastic, but definitely not horrible. My only big problem is that the premise of a human turned zombie ghoul hoping to not eat flesh just makes me think of iZombie and how much I'd rather watch that.

iZombie also has some stuff that Tokyo Ghoul doesn't. Like humor. And a main character that's not a generic everyman and is immediately established to have lost a lot with their new circumstances.

I don't hate Tokyo Ghoul. It's just as others have said--it's bland.

• Locked thread