Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

lol it's very much an adult game, yes. Sorry you're 2 cool 4 school, dawg!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Well, I asked because it looks like a children's game. It's not even an innovative or interesting style. It looks like every kid's show that has come out in the last ten years. I guess I am to cool for it.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
It's cooler than you

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Night in the Wood has a really cool style, sorry about your horrible taste.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Hot Smart ARYAN Girl posted:

Well, I asked because it looks like a children's game. It's not even an innovative or interesting style. It looks like every kid's show that has come out in the last ten years. I guess I am to cool for it.

Heck yeah, don't listen to those losers up there, bro, they probably eat Apple Jack's breakfast cereal that doesn't even taste like apples, let's go drink wine.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

I've never played this game but when my friend who did told me that Angus reminded them of me I didn't think that this was what they meant.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I like the art style of that game, but maybe if I stayed current with children's TV shows I would feel the same as Hot Smart ARYAN Girl.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Yeah for as much as I feel like a game looking like a children's show would not impact my ability to enjoy its adult-oriented content, I suppose if, like, a romantic adventure game that was a style knockoff of Sesame Street came out, I am not sure I would want to play it. Though if it were a murder mystery game, I totally would.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
zelda more like celda

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Tiler Kiwi posted:

zelda more like celda
Seriously that argument sent me fifteen years back in in time.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Tiler Kiwi posted:

zelda more like celda

I just had flashbacks because of this post god drat it.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

if night in the woods art style was used in a kids show it would be a creepy fuckin kids show lol

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

In Hitman, Sato is having the Worst Day.

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.

lol take that stick out of your rear end

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

njsykora posted:

I just had flashbacks because of this post god drat it.
Was the great "Mario 64 is the best-looking game of all time/Myst is the best-looking game of all time" debate an argument in the wider e-world in the 1990s, or was that just (violently) localized in my hometown? I remember people refusing to talk to me for a few days over that.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Dick Trauma posted:

I like the art style of that game, but maybe if I stayed current with children's TV shows I would feel the same as Hot Smart ARYAN Girl.

nah,he/she is just an idiot.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Hitman: not normally a buggy game.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Dr. Quarex posted:

Was the great "Mario 64 is the best-looking game of all time/Myst is the best-looking game of all time" debate an argument in the wider e-world in the 1990s, or was that just (violently) localized in my hometown? I remember people refusing to talk to me for a few days over that.

I didn't get on the internet until the early 2000s so I don't know if it was a thing online but I never heard that kind of argument in my playgrounds. Our arguments were more Pokemon based when they weren't N64 vs Playstation. No-one in British playgrounds gave a poo poo about Myst.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
no child should have been subjected to myst, wtf

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Tiler Kiwi posted:

Myst was literally designed to be a game which the whole family could enjoy, even people who had never played video games before. Of course, standards were a little different back then.

It did succeed it at by all accounts though, it held the highest PC game sales numbers in history for almost a decade until The Sims and played a big part in popularizing cd-roms as a video game format. It's definitely up there amongst the most influential and popular games of all time.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Myst owns gently caress u

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Dr. Quarex posted:

I love this argument because Myst was cheating.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

corn in the bible posted:

Myst owns gently caress u

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Tiler Kiwi posted:

get the gently caress out of here!!!

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Myst fuckin ENCHANTED little kid me. ENCHANTED, YOU FUCKER.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

an actual dog posted:

I love this argument because Myst was cheating.
I love it because it does actually still seem relevant.

For the record I was 100% on the side of Myst despite thinking it was an absolutely terrible game that I would never play. It hurt my heart and brain both that people genuinely thought low-count polygons, no matter how charming, looked objectively better than the prettiest things a computer could create.

Whatever newbz, I am going to go crank up my Gravis Ultrasound and watch Future Crew's Second Reality again

What thread is this

Oh yeah

The new King's Bounty games: Obviously Russian

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Dark Souls 2

I'm kind of mad at myself for getting totally sucked into BotW because it made me not finish my DS2 run.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

What is this Silent Hill monster doing in Dark Souls?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

StrixNebulosa posted:

What is this Silent Hill monster doing in Dark Souls?
I dunno but when I first saw him I was like "at some point I'm gonna jam a giant key right into his loving face" and sure enough that's what happened, except that it was a sword and he liked it even less than I expected.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Samurai Sanders posted:

I dunno but when I first saw him I was like "at some point I'm gonna jam a giant key right into his loving face" and sure enough that's what happened, except that it was a sword and he liked it even less than I expected.

Eh, he chained himself up voluntarily because he couldn't control his horniness and since then he's been hanging there waiting for someone to find the key and stab him in the face with it. You literally did him a favor.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Wasteland 2 brings out my inner 12-year-old.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I spend far too much time playing and replaying Star Wars: Dark Forces III: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast and Star Wars: Dark Forces IV: Jedi Knight III: Jedi Academy

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

NieR:Automata is a pretty game

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Sure is:

:)

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

A Spider Covets posted:

Is Nier playable on the mouse and keyboard, or do you need a controller?

Not only is it console only, but it is also pretty hard to actually find and usually pretty expensive when you do. At least it was where I live when I last checked some time ago.

Additionally it's not great in terms of gameplay. It has nice setpieces but general gameplay is eeeh. If you just want to play it to understand Automata I'd just suggest watching a LP or something.

Edit: oh poo poo screenshots

Words of wisdom in Final Fantasy 9

(FMV shot)

Dark Souls 3

Getting owned by a bridge in Dark Souls 2

Getting owned by myself in Fable Anniversary

:frogsiren: Anime alert :frogsiren:

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Fairy Fencer F Advent Dark Force has nice costume options

Foxhound fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Mar 28, 2017

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

I think if it was any less cartoonish the game might get way too real for some people.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Nier: Automata hits close to home.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Also, the network features can make for some surprisingly intimidating moments.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Keeshhound posted:

Also, the network features can make for some surprisingly intimidating moments.

It's more or less the same feature as Dark Souls but for some reason there seem to be more of them clustered around bosses and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Samurai Sanders posted:

It's more or less the same feature as Dark Souls but for some reason there seem to be more of them clustered around bosses and stuff.

I think it's just that they used corpses, which wind up being more noticeable than bloodstains.