Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Using a heat gun on resin seems foolhardy. Hot water or a hairdryer would probably be safer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
I hosed up a pair of clippers cutting guitar wire before. It's pretty easy to do.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Says Diamond on them but I stole them from my dad 23 years ago.

I do like my much more modern hand drill.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

LingcodKilla posted:

I think you are going a bit overboard. How do you wear-out a pair of clippers? You been cutting steel nails?

Not nails, but yes, I've had them for a few years and have used them to cut some metal stuff. I've used them occasionally for other projects. They're showing some nicks in the blade, and am going to get new ones just for plastic.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Having an all metal Guard army, I need a metal pair, and a plastic pair.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Yeast posted:

Having an all metal Guard army, I need a metal pair, and a plastic pair.

I've been contimplating selling my orginal cadian army. Metal is a such a bitch to move around when you start dealing with full platoons.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

as_oilrig in next month's White Dwarf.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

We're gonna turn that pile of junk into something big.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

LingcodKilla posted:

I've been contimplating selling my orginal cadian army. Metal is a such a bitch to move around when you start dealing with full platoons.

Steel legion - so all my troops sit in their KR case while their Chimeras are zooming around.

Every time a transport explodes, it's just less models I have to deploy :v:

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

as_oilrig in next month's White Dwarf.

Daaaamn... Given the price leaks that's easily $1,000 worth of terrain though.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Yeast posted:

That got a chuckle.

More important question, are you going to do an army of them? Fists consistently look amazing on the table when I see them.

I'm rather taken with the yellow, so I'm considering it. I think a Dreadnought would look pretty sweet.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Ended up winning the Inner Circle event at my local GW today. Took Cawl, and he was an absolute beast. Survived a 4 way combat between my Cawl, 2 demon princes and a Dark Eldar Succubi, with all 3 of them swinging at me.

I think there were 8 of us. 2 demon princes, chaos champion (or lord? On a bike with two power fists. When he killed things he kept rolling on a table for rewards), Succubi, Herald of Nurgle, Space Wolves Terminator Rune Priest, some Grey Knight dude and myself.

Pretty fun! Looking forward to fielding Cawl next Sunday at the ITC games.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Endman posted:

Because I change my mind about which Space Marine chapter I like best every five minutes, here's an Imperial Fist :v:

Oh man I know exactly how you feel. I was going to build a Space Wolves army, but I hate them a little more with every pelt and wolf tail that I paint. So far I've painted test Ultramarines, Salamanders and Red Scorpions. I'm going to have to commit to a chapter if I want to play this game at aome point :v

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
The fact that none of you are painting Space Sharks Blood Ravens Crimson Fists Rainbow Warriors depresses me.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

VanSandman posted:

The fact that none of you are painting Space Sharks Blood Ravens Crimson Fists Rainbow Warriors depresses me.

It's not as cool as you would think. They would mostly just get mistaken for Ultramarines at a distance.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

VanSandman posted:

Ahem.

Absolutely wouldn't get mistaken for ultramarines at a distance.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Thundercloud posted:

Ahem.

Absolutely wouldn't get mistaken for ultramarines at a distance.

Those are Carchadons or Space Sharks whatever not Rainbow Warriors.

Crab Dad fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Mar 26, 2017

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

It's not as cool as you would think. They would mostly just get mistaken for Ultramarines at a distance.

yeah that was going to be my marine army I'm starting before I settled on Harbingers, but you've basically gotta go all in on conversions for it to be recognizable

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Babe Magnet posted:

yeah that was going to be my marine army I'm starting before I settled on Harbingers, but you've basically gotta go all in on conversions for it to be recognizable

I honestly want to see just what you mean by Rainbow Warriors conversions. I'm imagining something like Jesse Jackson as he appeared on Harvey Birdman.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Is this too small for a fire raptor? Asking because I never saw one in person before. If it is too small, what would it be an appropriate proxy for, if anything?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Hustlin Floh posted:

I honestly want to see just what you mean by Rainbow Warriors conversions. I'm imagining something like Jesse Jackson as he appeared on Harvey Birdman.

lots and lots and lots of lizardmen bitz

110% mayaincatec

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

goose willis posted:

Is this too small for a fire raptor? Asking because I never saw one in person before. If it is too small, what would it be an appropriate proxy for, if anything?

Far too small. Decent proxy for a Stormtalon, I suppose.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Do Stormtalons come in Chaos flavor

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
What does your heart tell you?

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

goose willis posted:

what would it be an appropriate proxy for, if anything?

Terrain.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Babe Magnet posted:

lots and lots and lots of lizardmen bitz

110% mayaincatec

Pssssssssh, that's fan-made bullshit. You should base it off the official Rainbow Warriors fluff and have every last marine posed like they're being gunned down by a Sister of Battle.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

VanSandman posted:

The fact that none of you are painting Space Sharks Blood Ravens Crimson Fists Rainbow Warriors fighting tigers of veda depresses me.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Goddamn furries.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

These, Doctor Thunder's Titmarines, and the SKULL ARMY Rhinos trundling over that bridge represent the holy trinity of awful Warhammer.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
I'm giving some of the new (?) Citadel edge paints a shot tonight and I am a huge fan. I'm not sure if they just put a shitload of pigment in or what but those lines really stand out.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

chutche2 posted:

I'm replacing my worn out clippers, and going to take this chance to update my tools now that I've ordered some forgeworld resin.

Going to get some Xuron 2175ET clippers. For other tools I have a file set, an xacto knife, and a hand drill. What else should I get? Should I invest in a razor saw or a cheap heat gun? I've never used either before.

Absolutely get a jewelers saw.

Hustlin Floh posted:

If you want to be old-school RT era make them nautical-themed and anti-French, as the name references the French intelligence gently caress-up sinking the Greenpeace flagship in 85, which was a thing that was talked about in gaming stores back then in my anecdotal experience, especially among the British.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Oh, hey, welcome to Greater Chicagoburg! Hope you guys are enjoying our delightfully schizoid weather.

e.: Oh, and a very enjoyable Badcast this week! It was upsetting in all the right ways.

Confirmed; the Goff Rockers will actually be playing next year. They are actually really good, my friend bought their CDs.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
The Fighting Tigers are loving magical :allears:

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

A lot of people's poorly painted faces would make good avatars.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Finally finished Badcast episode 6. Ban Panascope.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

TTerrible posted:

Finally finished Badcast episode 6. Mod Panascope.

ftfy

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

Hustlin Floh posted:

These, Doctor Thunder's Titmarines, and the SKULL ARMY Rhinos trundling over that bridge represent the holy trinity of awful Warhammer.

Wrong as hell, the Rhinos with the comically large skulls on the front own insanely hard.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Any sources of cheap proxy drop pods? I'm sure there's got to be a bunch of other companies making something vaguely similar for their own games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

goose willis posted:

Any sources of cheap proxy drop pods? I'm sure there's got to be a bunch of other companies making something vaguely similar for their own games.

Mr Potato head are the same size.

• Locked thread