Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

So all the marvel games are alluding or hinting of doing some big updates for GOTG2. Has Mr Gaz said anything about this yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

So all the marvel games are alluding or hinting of doing some big updates for GOTG2. Has Mr Gaz said anything about this yet?

https://twitter.com/asros/status/844949115960098816

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Introducing another Groot, which we will again argue with you about whether or not it can be out at the same time as any of the other Groots for Lore Reasons.

Carew
Jun 22, 2006
50% more xp on rocket and star lord. collect 5 mixtape buffs for a lootsplosion.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Carew posted:

50% more xp on rocket and star lord. collect 5 mixtape buffs for a lootsplosion.

Do a bunch of pointless tasks including some that use an item you had absolutely zero reason to keep up to this point for the title "Pelvic Sorcerer".

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

that right there would make me play again for sure

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Yeah after i wrote it i realized that would actually be amazing. It will probably be "legendary outlaw" or "guardian of the galaxy" though.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Imagine if they had their poo poo together enough to do a Guardians themed character release like Moondragon or Adam Warlock.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Ghostlight posted:

Imagine if they had their poo poo together enough to do a Guardians themed character release like Moondragon or Adam Warlock.
I mean, Moondragon did get a VU recently…

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
Are there even any further heroes announced beyond gently caress Niry?

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
Welcome to page 69 motherfuckers!

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Nick Fury looks about as boring as Black Bolt (a shootman who can summon more shootmans, aces) but making his alt release costume the other black Fury is such an excellent troll, I gotta give it up.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

McSpanky posted:

Nick Fury looks about as boring as Black Bolt (a shootman who can summon more shootmans, aces) but making his alt release costume the other black Fury is such an excellent troll, I gotta give it up.
I'll say this for Nick Fury over Black Bolt, at least with Fury they didn't leave the only things he's known for in the comics up to a sig or ult.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Gibbering Madness posted:

i came

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Gibbering Madness posted:

nice

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

I'll say this for Nick Fury over Black Bolt, at least with Fury they didn't leave the only things he's known for in the comics up to a sig or ult.

the problem is that black bolt is mainly known for looming and conspiring and being mysterious in the comics. he doesn't go and do superhero things very often

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Honestly, when he does, if he doesn't just end things instantly with his voice, he has been more likely to punch things than stand there and shoot beams for ages too. His melee build is hilarious now since almost every melee cooldown is movement tagged, so the movement reset cosmic affix rolls on every power and resets every power. It's pretty okay.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

AzraelNewtype posted:

Honestly, when he does, if he doesn't just end things instantly with his voice, he has been more likely to punch things than stand there and shoot beams for ages too. His melee build is hilarious now since almost every melee cooldown is movement tagged, so the movement reset cosmic affix rolls on every power and resets every power. It's pretty okay.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

AzraelNewtype posted:

Which affix does that show up on, cosmic items?

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

McSpanky posted:

Which affix does that show up on, cosmic items?

Yeah, cosmic slot 1-5. Rolls up to 10% on use of movement powers, which is again basically your entire bar in his case.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Once upon a time, the Heavily Modified Mercenary Assault Rifle was good for Deadpool, Storm, War Machine, Winter Soldier, Punisher, Hawkeye, Magneto, Squirrel Girl, & Taskmaster, and the Improved Arc Reactor was good on Deadpool (Ranged), Ironman, Juggernaut, War Machine, Rogue, & Storm. Do these still hold true?

Also, would Captain Marvel benefit from the IAR?

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Kheldarn posted:

Once upon a time, the Heavily Modified Mercenary Assault Rifle was good for Deadpool, Storm, War Machine, Winter Soldier, Punisher, Hawkeye, Magneto, Squirrel Girl, & Taskmaster, and the Improved Arc Reactor was good on Deadpool (Ranged), Ironman, Juggernaut, War Machine, Rogue, & Storm. Do these still hold true?

Also, would Captain Marvel benefit from the IAR?

The Improved Arc Reactor is trash for IM, WM, and Deadpool. Captain Marvel I'm not sure about; she's pretty different from them. Leduyanhuy uses it on his 1:06 ttk Juggernaut. The Assault Rifle on ranged/physical heroes only comes close to a Fragment of Twilight but does not beat it. It's acceptable if you don't have enough frags to go around.

Lozareth fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Mar 26, 2017

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

AzraelNewtype posted:

This also works on Movement Elektra. Combine it with her T4 Slot 2 skill, Relentless Assassin, and poo poo's funny! Her Sig refreshes all her CD powers, and then those cosmics make all those powers have a chance to refresh her Sig, as it's also tagged Movement.

Lozareth posted:

The Improved Arc Reactor is trash all around. The Assault Rifle on ranged/physical heroes only comes close to a Fragment of Twilight but does not beat it. It's acceptable if you don't have enough frags to go around.

Thanks. I don't have any Frags yet, so I'll sub in the Rifle.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Improved arc reactor would be great on cap marvel, not sure deadpool still gets as much benefit from it.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

[quote="Kheldarn" post="470719996"]
then those cosmics make all those powers have a chance to refresh her Sig, as it's also tagged Movement.
/quote]

bullshit if true because it definitely does not work with Juggernaut's sig

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

Kheldarn posted:

then those cosmics make all those powers have a chance to refresh her Sig, as it's also tagged Movement.

I just double checked, and yeah, her sig resets.

That sucks it doesn't work with Juggs.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

i will fight this discrimination

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
They'll just take it away from other characters instead.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

>:)

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

After all these years I've finally gone full sperg. Got a couple databases together telling the dps of each of a hero's abilities, the percentage of the dps that's ranged/melee/area/physical/energy/mental/etc., and the artifacts that will give the most dps based on that info. Right now I manually weight the dr value of each stat on an item but soon I'll have the database calculating it exactly per item. The only thing holding me back from that is I'm not calculating crit and brutal percentages exactly atm; I know the formula but I'm not sure how to add a hero's archetype bonus like +3% crit chance, Fighting/Infinity node bonuses, and crit chance synergies. Soon I'll also add other gear slots. It's been a nifty thing to play with and remind me to check out items I'd normally overlook. Too bad I can't share it since I built it with a Filemaker Pro version that doesn't let me create an executable.

Lozareth fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Mar 27, 2017

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Lozareth posted:

After all these years I've finally gone full sperg. Got a couple databases together telling the dps of each of a hero's abilities, the percentage of the dps that's ranged/melee/area/physical/energy/mental/etc., and the artifacts that will give the most dps based on that info. Right now I manually weight the dr value of each stat on an item but soon I'll have the database calculating it exactly per item. The only thing holding me back from that is I'm not calculating crit and brutal percentages exactly atm; I know the formula but I'm not sure how to add a hero's archetype bonus like +3% crit chance and Fighting/Infinity node bonuses. Soon I'll also add other gear slots. It's been a nifty thing to play with and remind me to check out items I'd normally overlook. Too bad I can't share it since I built it with a Filemaker Pro version that doesn't let me create an executable.
High-level it for me, what's the best loadout for Nightcrawler given the swords-and-crits build?

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

High-level it for me, what's the best loadout for Nightcrawler given the swords-and-crits build?

Same as Xaolin's build: GoK, Cosmic Credentials, EoI, Einherjar Brooch

Edit: Oh, guess he uses Flag over EoI. They are very close and the aspd on Flag may push it over EoI or Brooch. EoI > Brooch in my database though.

Lozareth fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Mar 27, 2017

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Please note that crit chance synergies are no longer crit chance synergies.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

Please note that crit chance synergies are no longer crit chance synergies.

Yeah, that's why I don't know how to add them anymore. My formula is coming out .5% too high.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

[quote="Kheldarn" post="470719996"]
/quote]

When did you last try? The affix only reset charge based powers when first added, but they fixed it in 2.06.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Literally today. I did it before I made the first post, and then I tried it again when cl_gibcount 9999 said it wasn't working for Juggs. I hit reply, logged in to the game, and tested it out, then typed up my reply post.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Kheldarn posted:

Literally today. I did it before I made the first post, and then I tried it again when cl_gibcount 9999 said it wasn't working for Juggs. I hit reply, logged in to the game, and tested it out, then typed up my reply post.

Was asking him about jugs, not you about Elektra.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Trying to find the discrepancy in my crit chance calculation I found that the crit chance infinity node straight adds to crit percent but rounds its bonus to the nearest whole number. So 1.3% in the node is only giving 1% and you get nothing until you've 10 in the node.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

AzraelNewtype posted:

Was asking him about jugs, not you about Elektra.

Oh. I saw my name in the broken quote, so I thought you were asking me. Sorry