Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Dracorion posted:

I'm going to assume the reason Merlyn was barely in this episode is because he actually physically travelled into the musical dream sequence in the Flash/Supergirl crossover.
It was mentioned at the end that he went to get the codex that made the Spear work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dracorion
Jul 23, 2013

Space Crabs posted:

Cisco just vibed him into the dream, somehow

No, he used to be R'as Al Ghul.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Invalid Validation posted:

They should probably get rid of Firestorm if they can't scrounge up a little money to copy paste the fire gun effects to him. I think he's been in suit like twice this season.

Jax really should have been Cyborg instead like everyone thought he was gonna be when they first hinted at his character. They probably didn't realize how expensive Firestorm would be in a regular role. I agree though, Firestorm probably should be shelved, but in a way that lets Victor Garber and Franz Drameh stay on the show because the Jax/Stein double act is just too good to lose.

E: Thinking about this episode again with the thread title in mind, I love Mick's callback "WHAT IS IT WITH NAZIS?" And I said out loud "Mick, they're not Nazis!" and then like a second later Nate said it too on the show. This show just keeps getting better and better.

Doomworld's gonna be loving great :allears:

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Mar 23, 2017

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I think it's less about how expensive Firestorm is than how over-powered he is.

Dude can fly, shoot fireballs, is impervious to most radiation, and can transmute materials.

I'm really surprised that they haven't created in show reasons to Nerf him like "can only be joined for 10 minutes every 24 hours" or something like that. Then they would have to make strategic use out of his powers.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

True but Ray is arguably just as powerful and they show him flying around and being small all the time.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I'm not really sure Ray is as powerful. His suit seems pretty fragile and gets sidelined pretty quickly.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

bull3964 posted:

I'm not really sure Ray is as powerful. His suit seems pretty fragile and gets sidelined pretty quickly.

I dunno, the suit was strong enough to allow him to thrash a giant robot at giant size (once he stole power from the Waverider's engines to enlarge him and the suit)

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
The suit is very powerful, but Ray is a constant gently caress-up.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Burning_Monk posted:

The suit is very powerful, but Ray everyone in the show is a constant gently caress-up.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
"There's still hope! Maybe they don't know how to use it!"

*cut to league headquarters*

"okay so I got the book that tells us exactly how to use it"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ray is handsome so of course they're gonna spend money on his effects shots.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Burning_Monk posted:

The suit is very powerful, but Ray everyone but Sarah is a constant gently caress-up.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Burning_Monk posted:

The suit is very powerful, but Ray everyone but Capt. Sara Lance, Time Lesbian is a constant gently caress-up.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

well I mean she does a certain kind and I'm sure it has a direction to it at some point :haw:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Firestorm isn't that powerful, he got beat down by that Stargirl pretty easily

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

WhyteRyce posted:

Firestorm isn't that powerful, he got beat down by that Stargirl pretty easily

Stargirl's staff apparently had the power to recreate all of Camelot so uh I'm not thinking they're on the same level.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Chokes McGee posted:

Stargirl's staff apparently had the power to recreate all of Camelot so uh I'm not thinking they're on the same level.

Stargirl's staff had the Spear of Destiny fragment in it, though.

Firestorm is definitely ignored a lot of the time when it would be useful to throw fireballs or transmute stuff, but it's been pretty consistent that he's not super durable - if he gets hit hard, he'll be knocked out or forced apart most of the time.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Phenotype posted:

Stargirl's staff had the Spear of Destiny fragment in it, though.

Firestorm is definitely ignored a lot of the time when it would be useful to throw fireballs or transmute stuff, but it's been pretty consistent that he's not super durable - if he gets hit hard, he'll be knocked out or forced apart most of the time.

I just roll my eyes everytime the plan is to keep Jax and Stein separated on a mission. It's like, "Everyone is great at fighting except you two are useless when separated, so we'll separate you..."

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

It's also established that plain Jax can beat evil Firestorm

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

WhyteRyce posted:

It's also established that plain Jax can beat evil Firestorm

all that establishes is that Rip thinks Firestorm is weak as hell.

e:

lol

No Butt Stuff fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Mar 24, 2017

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

No Butt Stuff posted:

all that establishes is that Rip thinks Firestorm is weak as hell.

e:

lol

I was gonna say that Rip probably didn't know how powerful Firestorm is because he didn't see Jax transmute the Dominator bomb and was shocked that he turned the spear case into jelly beans. But that's not true, he was there when Jax transmuted Vandal Savage's bomb into water at the end of season 1 and when Stein basically ate that crazy Russian lady's nuke when she tried to become Soviet Firestorm, so...? :shrug:

Maybe Rip's just a dumbass :v:

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Chokes McGee posted:

"There's still hope! Maybe they don't know how to use it!"

*cut to league headquarters*

"okay so I got the book that tells us exactly how to use it"

I'm betting the book is a fake out by the Idiots Legends.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

nine-gear crow posted:

Maybe Rip's just a dumbass :v:

He's on The Adventures of Captain Sarah Lance: Time Lesbian - And Her Idiots.

So obviously he's an idiot not a dumbass...

ZRM
Nov 25, 2007

Hughlander posted:

I just roll my eyes everytime the plan is to keep Jax and Stein separated on a mission. It's like, "Everyone is great at fighting except you two are useless when separated, so we'll separate you..."

Stein is really strong but only when he's on his own, like when he beat a crew of Time Pirates in s1.

Space Ranger Stein rocked.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Space Crabs posted:

Whenever they jump somewhere they basically just act like they don't have a time machine anymore for awhile.

Oh no the irreplaceable blood of Jesus was destroyed all hope is lost except for the thousands of other years it existed in the past. Let me cry about being defeated in my literal time machine.

We should talk to JRR Toll-Keen
He was a soldier in WWI
Lets go to WW1 and inexplicably stay there!
Err how about we just go visit him outside of the war - he was a public figure we probably know exactly where he was for 3/4 of his life.

The LoTR/Hobbit feeders to him would have been cute if they hadn't already done it for Lucas and Star Wars.

How did the Legion know where the Idiots were to send Snart and Dharararch after them?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Licarn posted:

They should have used the spear to remove the spear itself from reality.
I really hope someone suggests this to them next episode and they're just like "poo poo. That would have worked."

Mr Beens posted:

JRR Toll-Keen
How do you think it's pronounced?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Tiggum posted:

I really hope someone suggests this to them next episode and they're just like "poo poo. That would have worked."

How do you think it's pronounced?

It's pronounced toll-key-en.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Piell posted:

It's not. Refer to his wikipedia article which sources how the author himself pronounced his name.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

I was practically yelling at my screen when they were talking about having to retrieve the vial from an active battlefield. You have a loving time machine, just go back before the battle, or forward to after the battle!?! Thawne is right, you are idiots.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Also I don't know if it was this thread or the flash thread but someone said Sara was the exception to the "They're Idiots" rule but she keeps trusting all of the idiots to do really important things even when she knows they'll probably gently caress it up, making her an idiot.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Don't call us heroes, we're time morons.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Invalid Validation posted:

Don't call us heroes, we're time morons.

Mick is right.

Who wrote this crap?

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

GreenNight posted:

Mick is right.

Who wrote this crap?

This is what makes me think the writers really are self-aware about the writing and are leaning into it this season.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Mr Beens posted:

How did the Legion know where the Idiots were to send Snart and Dharararch after them?

They assumed that the Legends would be at the absolutely worst time to try and obtain the vial.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

"This samurai sword will cut the spear, allowing us to finally destroy it"
"Sounds great where is it"
"It's buried in an ancient burial ground in the middle of Hiroshima"
"Gideon set course for August 6th 1945"

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Licarn posted:

We have nothin to spear but spear itself.

Amaya actually suggested it first, but the idea was shot down by Sara.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Licarn posted:

Send it to the 31st century, where it's found by the Persuader who turns it into an axe that can cut through anything up to and including time itself, and the bad guys in the next season are the Fatal Five.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Piell posted:

All the Legends said it the other way, while someone on the League side said toll-key-en. I like to think it was intentional.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

WhyteRyce posted:

"This samurai sword will cut the spear, allowing us to finally destroy it"
"Sounds great where is it"
"It's buried in an ancient burial ground in the middle of Hiroshima"
"Gideon set course for August 6th 1945"

:master: :perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Just when I thought the intros couldn't get any better.

• Locked thread