Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Cowcaster posted:

looking at tomorrow's banner: if i already have the asura rod and zell's glove is any other of the stuff on there worth risking a dupe? i don't know anything about the stuff on there
Banner 2 is a low risk/moderate reward kind of banner. Zell's glove is probably the worst of the items on it but the only thing that actually stands out from the crowd is Faris' new coat. The other 8 items are solid substitutes if you didn't pick up the relic that does what they do best.

EDIT: I might be lowballing Minfilia's SSB, actually, Last Stand might be worth building around even if it's not a hastega.

Nihilarian fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Mar 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
4/22 on Phase 1: Onion Armor, Red Jacket and two White Mage Robes. Not great, as now I have too many dupes (I also have Abel's Lance) on this banner to feel comfortable chasing Orichalcum Dirk or Rune-Graven Bow, plus now I have dupes on Cloud of Darkness 2 if I want to chase Onion Gauntlets there. :sigh: I guess it's better than getting more Abel's Lances or Braska's robe, since I already have Ley Lines...

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

2/11
OK OSB
Seph OSB

I had zero OSBs before today.

Now I have four.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Nihilarian posted:

Banner 2 is a low risk/moderate reward kind of banner. Zell's glove is probably the worst of the items on it but the only thing that actually stands out from the crowd is Faris' new coat. The other 8 items are solid substitutes if you didn't pick up the relic that does what they do best.

EDIT: I might be lowballing Minfilia's SSB, actually, Last Stand might be worth building around even if it's not a hastega.

Tidus OSB and Yuna BSB2 haven't recurred yet, I don't think. Apocalypse is a 6* Sword with all-realm +Water, which could be useful. Quistis BSB recurs but is overall very solid and in an uncommonly resisted element. Theres some good elemental gear floating about.

Its what I'll be pulling on, but it definitely isn't as flashy or exciting as the other banners. I'd pull on 4 but since I already have 2/3s of the BSBs on the banner I feel like I'm bound to be disappointed.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Holy poo poo I can't believe you guys used to have to put up with draws like those lol.

The days before guaranteed 5* were dark times.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I'm not sure how useful Sephiroth enDark into OSB would be compared to greater consistency with Bursts.

EnDark into OSB would probably be significantly better if you have enough ability hones to support it. It is unfortunately a lot easier to just make life siphon and rely on BSBs instead.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

KPC_Mammon posted:

EnDark into OSB would probably be significantly better if you have enough ability hones to support it. It is unfortunately a lot easier to just make life siphon and rely on BSBs instead.

Lifesiphon is love. Lifesiphon is life. :worship:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Tidus OSB and Yuna BSB2 haven't recurred yet, I don't think. Apocalypse is a 6* Sword with all-realm +Water, which could be useful. Quistis BSB recurs but is overall very solid and in an uncommonly resisted element. Theres some good elemental gear floating about.

Its what I'll be pulling on, but it definitely isn't as flashy or exciting as the other banners. I'd pull on 4 but since I already have 2/3s of the BSBs on the banner I feel like I'm bound to be disappointed.
I wasn't really taking recurrences into account. Tidus OSB is standard-physical-osb.txt, pulled up slightly by the water+ being permanent. Yuna's BSB2 is fairly interesting due to being able to heal and attack at the same time, but the mixed nature also results in it lacking a bit in the healing department. Quistis' BSB is a solid B+ mage BSB

I'd agree with the less flashy or exciting part, that was more or less my point. Most of the relics there are solidly usable but with better alternatives elsewhere.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
Full Break is one of the absolutely essential abilities, up there with Lifesiphon, right?

I've got Ramza, I can use it now if I feel like making it, which is new.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Prism posted:

Full Break is one of the absolutely essential abilities, up there with Lifesiphon, right?

I've got Ramza, I can use it now if I feel like making it, which is new.

Full break is pretty drat good, even at rank 1. It stacks with the 4 star breakdowns.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

W.T. Fits posted:

The days before guaranteed 5* were dark times.

i had forgotten how 5* equipment that had no soul breaks attached was even a thing

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Hardbody posted:

Tried out Onionbro since he I got his poo poo and gave him brotein shakes. Jesus loving christ is he garbage. Back to more realm dungeons until i get souls to try something not poo poo.

What level is he?

I said it earlier in this thread but he's complete trash and worse than cores until level 91+ and then his stats shoot up drastically to the point that he's one of the better characters in the game. Also his BSB is top tier.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Combo posted:

What level is he?

I said it earlier in this thread but he's complete trash and worse than cores until level 91+ and then his stats shoot up drastically to the point that he's one of the better characters in the game. Also his BSB is top tier.

Yeah, for example I got his onion sword (physical sb) and a spare magic sword for another character when he was released. I gave OK the spare magic sword and gave him 5* black magic. Even kitted to the nines for magic only, he still had like 400 attack power. So even though he's a mage, I put him in the front row. Hell he can take it, level 99 onion knight is a beast.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Combo posted:

What level is he?

I tried taking him with me into the Orbfest dungeons to get some additional XP after I ran out of eggs, and every single monster in the place attacked him to the exclusion of anyone else, OHKOing him at L75. Raise him back up, BAM, raise him back up, BAM.

I'm going to need a lot more eggs.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Shadowlord trip report: his phase change gimmick is super loving annoying when you have to deal with MP lag, but otherwise he's not really very dangerous. Honestly this fight might be easier to do solo. Also Onion burst is aces because you can actually meaningfully contribute to DPS through the whole goddamn slog of a fight.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I did the Shadowlord battles too. Finished all of them and they are indeed annoying. For the toughest fight I brought Quistis and Y'shtola. Me and an Onionbro were basically the only DPS during his physical immune phase.

It was bad because Quistis died twice, but not before doing just enough to bring him back to his final physical phase where like 3 holy characters ganged up on him to finish it off. Single player is probably a good idea here.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Apparently neither of its barriers cares about NIN-typed abilities, so if you have a bunch of buffs to throw at ninja magic then you can do some serious damage. Ninja BSBs and their commands (Edge, Shadow, Thancred, Yuffie), however, are most likely PHY-typed and in any case will not bypass the physical barrier.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Trash mobs that can turn you to stone or instant KO well, they loving SUCK

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Just to fish for advice, though, it probably is a bad idea to pull again on the Player's Choice banner before it goes away, correct? I don't have the Y'shtola hat or OK's wrist, but at this point I'd be running the risk of quite a few dupes.

The banner's been amazing to me, but there are limits.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

SpaceDrake posted:

Just to fish for advice, though, it probably is a bad idea to pull again on the Player's Choice banner before it goes away, correct? I don't have the Y'shtola hat or OK's wrist, but at this point I'd be running the risk of quite a few dupes.

Well you could try if you really want to, but on the topic of OK's wrist that's coming back on one of the banners for the next FF3 event, which isn't too far away. Y'shtola's I've heard should recur on the next 14 event, but that it's going to be a while before that hits. It looks like you've gotten a good haul as it is since you currently have 5/11 of the relics on the banner, and you've gotten 2 it sounds like you really wanted. So I'd advise against it since you'll be running the risk of seeing some duplicates now. But I might not be the best person to ask about this since I'm a bit skittish about duplicates since I pulled twice on the current 6 banner and went 4/22 with nothing but Chocobo Brushes.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

So I once again succumbed to my anger and pulled several times on banner 1. I'm out of mythril, but...

It happened.

Jedi425 fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Mar 26, 2017

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

SpaceDrake posted:

I am in a very similar position. I wished to draw again(after 2 additional draw) and got pretty much everything BUT the Healer's Circlet. Drawing more would invite to more dupes, sadly... as much I want that BSB.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
I wanna draw again just because this event has had me conditioned to draw each day. Of course, I really need to not draw right now, but it is tempting.

I'm thinking at least one draw on banners 2, 3, and 5. Those banners give me the best odds at new things. I've just got too many dupes on 1 and 4 now.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Vaan's BSB was too tempting even though I had vowed to only pull once on Cid Raines banner.

In this order---
White Mage Robe #4 (barf)
White Mage Robe #5 (Guess I have my first +++ armor, 162 RES)
Red Jacket (meh)
Abel's Lance (cool cool)
Orichalcum Dirk!!! (Mind asplode)

Moral of story: Trust the gut

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I got drunk and did two more pulls on the PC banner before it went away

I still don't have a healer burst (that's a total of 5 pulls on that banner, including the free one)

What the gently caress

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
RNGesus is an Old Testament God. He cares not for your happiness.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

My Tyro now has SG, BSB, and his USB :v:

Also got Van and Kain BSB, fantastic pull imo

Deathwing
Aug 16, 2008

wizard on a water slide posted:

I still don't have a healer burst (that's a total of 5 pulls on that banner, including the free one)

What the gently caress

I did 3 pulls on the PC banner:

First pull - 2/11, Excalibur VI and Onion Sword
Second pull - 1/11, Excalibur VI
Third pull - 1/11, Onion Sword

Then I decided the RNG was just laughing at me, and i'm saving the rest for 2-3 pulls on banner 4.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

RagnarokAngel posted:

RNGesus is an Old Testament God. He cares not for your happiness.

RNGesus always answers your prayers.

It's just that most of the time, the answer is, "No, gently caress you."

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

So I'm trying to decide who to use my Lode 3 on. OK would be my top pick, but apparently you no longer get 5 OK motes for leveling him to 80. That's a big problem, since I'd want to give him 5* support to use Full Break.

My other options are Orlandeau (have OSB) or Agrias (have BSB).

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Infidel Castro posted:

So I'm trying to decide who to use my Lode 3 on. OK would be my top pick, but apparently you no longer get 5 OK motes for leveling him to 80. That's a big problem, since I'd want to give him 5* support to use Full Break.

If you have onion burst, use it on OK. Full stop. You'll get onion motes in a few weeks when his event comes around, and until then, he's perfectly competent with Mako Might just spamming burst commands.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Infidel Castro posted:

Apparently there's a FF3 event coming up where you can get OK motes.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Yeah, I got two Gauntlets on the Player's Choice banner, and no native shout is probably the thing that was holding my team back from clearing dungeons to get more Lode 3 unlocks.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Well OK BSB isn't shout but its still a boostga so you're good. They also stack if you happen to have both.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Jedi425 posted:

So I once again succumbed to my anger and pulled several times on banner 1. I'm out of mythril, but...

It happened.

You motherfucker :argh:

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

With two OK OSBs and Onion sword but no BSB I have to figure out what to do with him. I have him at 99 and all the Onion motes I need but I'm not sure I want to spend the other motes to build him up.. He's basically full DPS now and very little utility.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

What the gently caress

Sup fellow drunk

I pulled once on the 1st anniversary banner and got 1/11 Edge's coat. Rage gem pulled and got ANOTHER Edge's coat and a dupe Arc Robe. Super rage gem pulled again and finally got Braska's SSB which I'm actually happy with.

This whole anniversary has poo poo on me so hard. The only really good thing I've gotten out of 3 lucky draws, those rage pulls, and a couple rage pulls on Ultros are Paladin Force and Rosa BSB. Everything else has been dupes or trash.

All I can say is that I'm lucky to be in a financial position where a drunk rage pull here and there doesn't hurt me. It's not like I have time to spend disposable income on anything else right now.

I hope I get better stuff the rest of the week. This has been so disappointing after all the hype. :smith:

I'm really happy for everyone who got good stuff though :unsmith:

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

What the gently caress
I was thinking about if I should pull more on PC but I didn't and this post makes me okay with not pulling. Thanks

iamsosmrt posted:

With two OK OSBs and Onion sword but no BSB I have to figure out what to do with him. I have him at 99 and all the Onion motes I need but I'm not sure I want to spend the other motes to build him up.. He's basically full DPS now and very little utility.
I'm a BSB haver; I unlocked all of the 5* sets but the only ones I use are White Magic (Pro/Shellga), Support (Full Break, ___ Breakdown, Wrath), and Combat (Lifesiphon when I use a physical setup, which isn't often). Celerity could come in handy for you if you want to Powerchain into OSB or Slice.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

iPodschun posted:

I was thinking about if I should pull more on PC but I didn't and this post makes me okay with not pulling. Thanks
I'm a BSB haver; I unlocked all of the 5* sets but the only ones I use are White Magic (Pro/Shellga), Support (Full Break, ___ Breakdown, Wrath), and Combat (Lifesiphon when I use a physical setup, which isn't often). Celerity could come in handy for you if you want to Powerchain into OSB or Slice.

See, as a BSB haver I'm nearly the opposite. I mainly use Black, Support, and Ninja. The most common loadout is to Gear him for Mag (preferably with a Mage sword or thrown or other weapon with nonzero attack), and have him carry full break for medals and Meltdown if he needs to cast something in between BSB's tontop off the gauge. Very rarely, I'll give him Wrath or Affliction Break if the fight calls for it, and for AoE, I'll give him Gust or Meteor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

iamsosmrt posted:

Onion Sword is pretty neat since it has Atk/Def breakdown and 10-11 hits. Not a fan of his OSB. I'd generally use him as a support, but if you have a support type BSB that will probably take precedence except in FFIII.

EDIT: Apparently it's Def/Res breakdown

Nihilarian fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Mar 26, 2017

• Locked thread