Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

prometheus was good actually

No.

No it was not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Randler posted:

Wait... Beyblade is an actual physical game?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/272541077130

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

Wait... Beyblade is an actual physical game?
by the anime, yes. i had a few beyblades as a kid

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i do competitive roleplaying on ultima online

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Avshalom posted:

i do competitive roleplaying on ultima online

Have you considered a career in that

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kXOfSFb2EU

:neckbeard:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

can you play as the owl

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

probably the most disgusting food picture ive posted itt yet

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Washington (CNN)The FBI has information that indicates associates of President Donald Trump communicated with suspected Russian operatives to possibly coordinate the release of information damaging to Hillary Clinton's campaign, US officials told CNN.

This is partly what FBI Director James Comey was referring to when he made a bombshell announcement Monday before Congress that the FBI is investigating the Trump campaign's ties to Russia, according to one source.
The FBI is now reviewing that information, which includes human intelligence, travel, business and phone records and accounts of in-person meetings, according to those U.S. officials. The information is raising the suspicions of FBI counterintelligence investigators that the coordination may have taken place, though officials cautioned that the information was not conclusive and that the investigation is ongoing.
In his statement on Monday Comey said the FBI began looking into possible coordination between Trump campaign associates and suspected Russian operatives because the bureau had gathered "a credible allegation of wrongdoing or reasonable basis to believe an American may be acting as an agent of a foreign power."
The White House did not comment and the FBI declined to comment. Dmitry Peskov, a Kremlin spokesman, said Thursday the Russian government would not comment on information from unnamed sources.
"This is another piece of information without any sources which can't be commented on, neither can it be taken as some serious thing," Peskov told reporters in response to a question about CNN's reporting.
White House press secretary Sean Spicer maintained Monday after Comey's testimony that there was no evidence to suggest any collusion took place.
"Investigating it and having proof of it are two different things," Spicer said.
One law enforcement official said the information in hand suggests "people connected to the campaign were in contact and it appeared they were giving the thumbs up to release information when it was ready." But other U.S. officials who spoke to CNN say it's premature to draw that inference from the information gathered so far since it's largely circumstantial.
The FBI cannot yet prove that collusion took place, but the information suggesting collusion is now a large focus of the investigation, the officials said.
The FBI has already been investigating four former Trump campaign associates -- Michael Flynn, Paul Manafort, Roger Stone and Carter Page -- for contacts with Russians known to US intelligence. All four have denied improper contacts and CNN has not confirmed any of them are the subjects of the information the FBI is reviewing.
One of the obstacles the sources say the FBI now faces in finding conclusive intelligence is that communications between Trump's associates and Russians have ceased in recent months given the public focus on Russia's alleged ties to the Trump campaign. Some Russian officials have also changed their methods of communications, making monitoring more difficult, the officials said.
Last July, Russian intelligence agencies began orchestrating the release of hacked emails stolen in a breach of the Democratic National Committee and associated organizations, as well as email accounts belonging to Clinton campaign officials, according to U.S. intelligence agencies.
The Russian operation was also in part focused on the publication of so-called "fake news" stories aimed at undermining Hillary Clinton's campaign. But FBI investigators say they are less focused on the coordination and publication of those "fake news" stories, in part because those publications are generally protected free speech.
The release of the stolen emails, meanwhile, transformed an ordinary cyber-intrusion investigation into a much bigger case handled by the FBI's counterintelligence division.
FBI counterintelligence investigations are notoriously lengthy and often involve some of the U.S. government's most highly classified programs, such as those focused on intelligence-gathering, which can make it difficult for investigators to bring criminal charges without exposing those programs.
Investigators continue to analyze the material and information from multiple sources for any possible indications of coordination, according to US officials. Director Comey in Monday's hearing refused to reveal what specifically the FBI was looking for or who they're focusing on.
US officials said the information was not drawn from the leaked dossier of unverified information compiled by a former British intelligence official compiled for Trump's political opponents, though the dossier also suggested coordination between Trump campaign associates and Russian operatives.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Life is a crap ripoff of The Andromeda Strain mixed with a bad horror movie

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
a life without cheese is not a life worth living

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Gin and Juche posted:

:smith:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Gin and Juche posted:

He's a STEM lord, though. He'd squander his life anyway.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Randler posted:

just buy soylent then and abandon all pretense

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Randler posted:

I don't know where a video-game enthusiast paperwork jockey gets the idea that they have some high ground over anyone else, STEM or no, but I guess the world has all sorts. :shrug:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I don't know where a video-game enthusiast paperwork jockey gets the idea that they have some high ground over anyone else, STEM or no, but I guess the world has all sorts. :shrug:
:ssh: he is paralegal stemlord

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I prefer stemlords that are ortholegal, okay?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

cinci zoo sniper posted:

lol at not even having a law degree

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

corn in the bible posted:

*in jagchosis voice*

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I prefer stemlords that are ortholegal, okay?

just not orthogonal, that'd be shipping

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

cinci zoo sniper posted:

just not orthogonal, that'd be shipping

:pervert:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

corn in the bible posted:

corn in the bible confirmed as joeburz parachute account

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

UberJew posted:

if the poster from around maine saying it is 8 bucks a pound was right that's not really dirt cheap by any standard

even without going for the really cheap meats i can get beef about 4/lb and chicken for 2/lb

tilapia for less than 3/lb too but that makes my apartment smell like fish for ages so i don't cook it

we frequently get sales on lobster here in boston at the stop & shop for like $4-$5 a pound, you can get it even cheaper up in maine.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

the sprites don't even look better, there's no point in shelling out money for something everyone already owns

the sprites do look better, like they've been cleaned up a noticeable amount

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

oh hell yeah

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I wish I had a paralegal job or a law degree lol

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
who in the world would want an update to one of the most popular rts' in the world

what they want is to buy its lovely sequel, but with my personal fan rewrite as the story

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...g-a7650636.html HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

4D chess!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

*sheds tear from the altitude of 169 centimeters*

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/afp/status/845602746950672384
cool

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2017/03/25/happy_anniversary_to_the_triangle_shirtwaist_company.html

lol this is good

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Lol

Bueno Papi
May 10, 2009

Agreed.

"In fact, Harris and Blanck burned down the entire concept of “bosses” and “employees,” preferring to think of Triangle as a family, building team spirit at the company’s beloved “lock-ins” and regular bonfires."

:smugdog:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I got whiplash when the article talked about how Uber is good, and quoted Matty y

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

cinci zoo sniper posted:

You might disagree, but this is what peak performance looks like.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

rear end struggle posted:

You might disagree, but this is what peak performance looks like.
i agree if america is the act

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

cinci zoo sniper posted:

post your favorite school veggies itt

• Locked thread