Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Proof of SAclopedia ownage: https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=16

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

isnoop was the best maintainer of the code

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

The Management posted:

he can't show you the code because you wouldn't understand it anyway
this is actually kinda true though

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Smythe posted:

saclopedia owns. respect your forum history.
forums history month

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

jony ive aces posted:

this is actually kinda true though

well sure, in much the same way you wouldn't understand random schizophrenic scribbling on a metro bathroom stall wall

i'm sure it's meaningful to someone, but is it production ready?

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

pram posted:

it was going to be compatible with every formatting syntax known to man because of the sheer power of functional programming

well yeah, when each post is a monoid in the category of endofunctors it's easy to describe pretty much arbitrary preserving transformations across the posting brane

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

sned the code lowtax

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

dead gay son posted:

help computer

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

why does the forums needs rewriting?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Progressive JPEG posted:

why does the forums needs rewriting?

i guess it's hard to maintain or something? i don't know.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
im gay

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

:yossame:

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I will stand upon the wreckage of the past forum, and I will crown myself king of the new forum that is yet to come

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i'm not gay but i see its
benefits

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

boy I'm going to miss this place when the migration kills it and leaves a half-dozen "classic forum" spin off splinter groups who war amongst themselves in a race to the bottom that ends in someone creating a reddit subforum to scoop up the last of the shitposters.

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008

El Mero Mero posted:

boy I'm going to miss this place when the migration kills it and leaves a half-dozen "classic forum" spin off splinter groups who war amongst themselves in a race to the bottom that ends in someone creating a reddit subforum to scoop up the last of the shitposters.

why doesn't forums.funny.computer work

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

El Mero Mero posted:

i think the migration already happened. all the 30somethings who bought an account back in the day and still post here are probably in it for the long haul

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
pagancow should make youtube ads for the forums. they can go on a pewdiepie video or something

the users are out there, they just need the right branding

edit: the tagline could be "get in!"

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Mar 26, 2017

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

i think the migration already happened. all the 30somethings who bought an account back in the day and still post here are probably in it for the long haul

i'm just here for the dadgum rompa LPs

like to see the young lads playing with their joysticks :allears:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
maybe embrace the site's venerable age and pitch it at the tumblr demographic currently creaming itself over "webpunk"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

syscall girl posted:

i'm just here for the dadgum rompa LPs

i thought gangnam roomba was over. they're still doing it?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
that was like 5 years ago dude, it was a joke

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ya i just wanted to say my personal favorite epithet for it

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
the migration already happened. none of us was invited to the new forum, whose location is a secret.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

The Management posted:

the migration already happened. none of us was invited to the new forum, whose location is a secret.

it's forums.somethingawful2.net

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

A Pinball Wizard posted:

it's forums.somethingawful2.net

openyos.io

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
what happened to eirka?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Silver Alicorn posted:

what happened to eirka?

wtf is erika?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
it was an experimental forums/imageboard pram was running for a little while

I presume he didn't want to keep hardening it against yospos penetration testing

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Silver Alicorn posted:

hardening it against yospos penetration testing

text me :wink:

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
will the forum're update be retroactive

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Silver Alicorn posted:

it was an experimental forums/imageboard pram was running for a little while

I presume he didn't want to keep hardening it against yospos penetration testing
bring back eirka

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

George posted:

will the forum're update be retroactive

it will be radioactive

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Sereri posted:

it will be radioactive

radioactive?

radioactive?

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I think the migration has been put on the back burner now that lowtax has a new gaming garbage partner.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

do you think they will keep the icq, aim, and yahoo instant messenger sections in profiles? those are all important things to share with your forummates!

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

that's actually the second highest priority for migrating the forums, after the archives.

beyond that its just avatars, platinum, probes, permabans, and maintaining the rap sheet. with those problems solved I think they'll then be able to work on getting users able to view posts and create their own

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
first priority is push integration so you can be informed on your phone when someone empty-quotes you

George
Nov 27, 2004

The Management posted:

first priority is push integration so you can be informed on your phone when someone empty-quotes you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George
Nov 27, 2004

honestly we should just do twitter integration and call it quits

• Locked thread