Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Loopoo posted:

I completed Zelda: BotW and was planning on selling my Switch onto someone else. However, I've discovered that there's no way for me to backup my save. So I'm pretty much stuck: there's no games coming out in the next few months that I'm interested in, so my console will just be collecting dust. The only thing stopping me from selling it is the fact I'd lose all my save data.

Are there any ways at all for me to save my Zelda progress? I really don't want to lose it all, because when new stuff comes out for BotW, I really don't want to start from scratch.

Why not just hang on to your console? You probably aren't going to recoup your entire purchase price for it, and will be buying another one in a few months when the BotW DLC starts hitting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
There's no way to back your saves up at this time. Download Snipperclips.

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

jivjov posted:

Why not just hang on to your console? You probably aren't going to recoup your entire purchase price for it, and will be buying another one in a few months when the BotW DLC starts hitting.

Or sell it to me 😊.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I don't know why I have to say Keep All Your Games And Consoles all the time but Keep All Your Games And Consoles.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Why would you sell your Switch if you are, in fact, planning on getting more games for it???

I don't understand goons?????

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
They're very hard to find right now, so you could probably con some idiot into purchasing your used console at over retail and then wait a month for the next wave of shipments if you really wanted to.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Why sell? If you sell your Switch now, it's likely that when the next game you want comes out, it's Zelda level popular and all the consoles sell out again. Why bother dealing with the stress for a few dollars?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Why not buy more switches and just sell for a profit. If you buy 10 and sell for a $30 profit each, you get yours for free.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Firstly, all of you ignoring the question I asked to talk to me as if I'm some big goober who is dumb enough to sell the Switch at less than what I bought it for.

I won't be playing the Switch for the next few months, as no games I want are coming out in that time. Zelda stuff won't be released for a good long while yet. I can sell the Switch right now, in all it's original packaging (that I kept in good condition just for this purpose) at the exact same price I bought it for. I could be an rear end in a top hat and gouge the price up due to Amazon not having it in stock, but I'm not an rear end in a top hat like that. There's no point in me keeping the console for ~4 months without touching it whilst it just collects dust and becomes harder to sell for next to retail price. Most I'll lose if I sell it right now is around 15 quid (the cut Amazon takes) which is more than okay for me, since I've definitely gotten 15 quids worth out of it. I sold the Wii U 4 months ago and got 80% of retail for it. No point in keeping the console now and potentially losing the box and stuff when I could just sell it now for 95% of it's price and put the money towards something else.

So can we all focus on the question I asked: is there a way for me to backup my BotW save?

Cojawfee posted:

Why sell? If you sell your Switch now, it's likely that when the next game you want comes out, it's Zelda level popular and all the consoles sell out again. Why bother dealing with the stress for a few dollars?

Only game I was super hype for was Zelda. Future games that come out that I want won't have me frothing at the mouth to play them, so if poo poo's out of stock come then, I can wait.

Qubee fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Mar 26, 2017

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Loopoo posted:

So can we all focus on the question I asked: is there a way for me to backup my BotW save?

Dr Cheeto posted:

There's no way to back your saves up at this time. Download Snipperclips.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Loopoo posted:

Firstly, all of you ignoring the question I asked to talk to me as if I'm some big goober who is dumb enough to sell the Switch at less than what I bought it for.

I won't be playing the Switch for the next few months, as no games I want are coming out in that time. Zelda stuff won't be released for a good long while yet. I can sell the Switch right now, in all it's original packaging (that I kept in good condition just for this purpose) at the exact same price I bought it for. I could be an rear end in a top hat and gouge the price up due to Amazon not having it in stock, but I'm not an rear end in a top hat like that. There's no point in me keeping the console for ~4 months without touching it whilst it just collects dust and becomes harder to sell for next to retail price. Most I'll lose if I sell it right now is around 15 quid (the cut Amazon takes) which is more than okay for me, since I've definitely gotten 15 quids worth out of it. I sold the Wii U 4 months ago and got 80% of retail for it. No point in keeping the console now and potentially losing the box and stuff when I could just sell it now for 95% of it's price and put the money towards something else.

Only game I was super hype for was Zelda. Future games that come out that I want won't have me frothing at the mouth to play them, so if poo poo's out of stock come then, I can wait.

You are a goober. You'll be lucky to profit 20 bucks total off your gooberness. Buy the golf game, it's better than Zelda.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

gently caress that poo poo. Who had the dumb idea at Nintendo HQ to make this a thing? 2017 and not being able to backup saves is just downright disgusting.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

You are a goober. You'll be lucky to profit 20 bucks total off your gooberness. Buy the golf game, it's better than Zelda.

Why are you fixated on profits and losses? I'm not looking to make money. I'm looking to sell my Switch (in fantastic condition) at next to retail so someone else can enjoy it, instead of keeping it sitting in my living room going untouched for months, losing value. I'd happily sell it for 20 quid less instead of making some poor bastard pay more than retail cause I'm a greedy douche, especially since I've gotten 20 quids worth out of it these past 3 weeks.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Word is that cloud saves are coming but it's unclear if that's hopeful nerd fantasy or not.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Ohhhh tantrum time cuz everyone told you your idea was bad

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

So despite rocking the krak-on roller mostly in the first Splatoon, these dualies are so drat fresh and the curling subweapon lets you cover amazing ground or set a distraction. I'm hyped.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I'll just hold onto it until backing up saves becomes an option, I guess. Still super angry that Nintendo ever thought this would be a good idea.

Norns posted:

Ohhhh tantrum time cuz everyone told you your idea was bad

But my idea wasn't bad :) 95% of my money back, got to enjoy Zelda on release day, super happy with my purchase and I get to make some other dude happy when he sees the console going for retail price instead of all these other assholes selling it for 350 quid. Win win for everyone.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Loopoo posted:

as if I'm some big goober who is dumb enough to sell the Switch at less than what I bought it for.

Loopoo posted:

Most I'll lose if I sell it right now is around 15 quid (the cut Amazon takes) which is more than okay for me, since I've definitely gotten 15 quids worth out of it.

🤔

Loopoo posted:

I'd happily sell it for 20 quid less instead of making some poor bastard pay more than retail cause I'm a greedy douche, especially since I've gotten 20 quids worth out of it these past 3 weeks.

🤔🤔

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Loopoo posted:

I'll just hold onto it until backing up saves becomes an option, I guess. Still super angry that Nintendo ever thought this would be a good idea.

But my idea wasn't bad :) 95% of my money back, got to enjoy Zelda on release day, super happy with my purchase and I get to make some other dude happy when he sees the console going for retail price instead of all these other assholes selling it for 350 quid. Win win for everyone.

do you have friends

get a game you can play with your friends, and then go play on your switch with your friends

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I meant losing out on a bucket load of money. 20 quid in the grand scheme of things for 3 weeks use and getting to enjoy a game on release date isn't bad, and I'm only losing that amount because that's the cut Amazon takes. It'd be like going into Blockbusters back in the day. My question was answered, I dunno why you're all getting so up in arms about this. Like why? It doesn't even affect you lot.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Takoluka posted:

do you have friends

get a game you can play with your friends, and then go play on your switch with your friends

My man, have you heard of Snipperclips???

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Mentioning a game console and "losing value" in the same sentence is the worst thing I've read on this forum, and I read cspam

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You asked this in the Nintendo thread, where no game is problematic and the Switch has no shortage of games coming out.

I say sell it. If you have no intention of playing Mario Kart port or Splatoon port or Legi Coty port then there's no reason to keep it. Those games can be found on cheaper/better platforms that you probably already own.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
By the way how much you want for it

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Empress Brosephine posted:

You asked this in the Nintendo thread, where no game is problematic and the Switch has no shortage of games coming out.

I'm beginning to think you're not entirely sincere!!!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Own all of the consoles you can, plug them all in at once.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

yo, they announced a splatoon port?

tell me more!!!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Does the splatoon port come out before splatoon 2

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

codenameFANGIO posted:

Own all of the consoles you can, plug them all in at once.

I need another TV for that.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I hear Callie is still alive in the Splatoon port

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
"Switch has no games"

Meanwhile I'm here with Zelda, Neo Turf Masters, Fast RMX, the Puyo Tetris demo, the Snipperclips demo, and Othello like "what?"

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

a poster comes in here, graciously outlining a plan that would allow another gamer who would give the console the love it deserves to get a hold of a switch at a time when they are hard to find, and everyone tells them theyre an idiot and suck

OP, i think its a good idea, and very charitable. im sure whoever buys it will have a good time and be very thankful!

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Dr Cheeto posted:

I hear Callie is still alive in the Splatoon port

Rumor at best

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Cojawfee posted:

"Switch has no games"

Meanwhile I'm here with Zelda, Neo Turf Masters, Fast RMX, the Puyo Tetris demo, the Snipperclips demo, and Othello like "what?"

Isn't Othello that shovelware game that comes out on literally every platform?

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Yeah I don't get why Loopoo is being dog piled on, they're trying to get a Switch to someone who might enjoy it, let them do their thing.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Isn't Othello that shovelware game that comes out on literally every platform?

Othello is the classic Nipponese game of love and loss actually.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

chaleski posted:

Yeah I don't get why Loopoo is being dog piled on, they're trying to get a Switch to someone who might enjoy it, let them do their thing.

He only pivoted on his plan after getting insanely and brutally owned.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Guys, I'm busy at work this week and will therefore not be watching or using my TV at all. I'm thinking of selling the TV and then rebuying one when I'm not so busy and there are better tv shows on anyways. Any help guys? I know I could've just used google to find out my answer but I chose to come in here and announce my really strange intentions and then I plan on acting shocked when you tell me my idea is bad.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Stux posted:

a poster comes in here, graciously outlining a plan that would allow another gamer who would give the console the love it deserves to get a hold of a switch at a time when they are hard to find, and everyone tells them theyre an idiot and suck

OP, i think its a good idea, and very charitable. im sure whoever buys it will have a good time and be very thankful!

you can be charitable and make bad decisions at the same time; they're not mutually exclusive

like, i can give my car to somebody who doesn't have one, and it would be very gracious, but if i'm like "welp, now i will have to get a new car," i can't act shocked when everyone says "why did you give away the car you had"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baldrash
Oct 26, 2005
So you sold your Wii U, which you could've played Zelda on, bought a Switch to play Zelda on, which you now want to sell? I think that's where the disconnect lies, niceness aside.

Trying to understand someone's purchasing decisions aside, I want more Splatoon 2. I managed to get into five of the six slots, and as my first experience with the series, I really dug it. In the last hour I was consistently in the top of the leaderboard using the dualies with gyro aiming.

Baldrash fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Mar 26, 2017

• Locked thread