Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Guy Goodbody posted:

They probably think they'll get more women to see it if they pitch it as a romance

nope that's bullshit. Mengele was just a hosed up butcher, he produced nothing of scientific value

Okay, should have said Rascher, but his name is not recogniseable enough for.the joke to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Gorilla Interrupted (Special Edition) is substantially funnier than Space Cop, and the accompanying documentary is very good.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Guy Goodbody posted:

That kind of ties into the earlier topic about how unsexualized Wonder Woman is in the DCCU, compared to the men. I think part of that is that the men in superhero movies tend to have amazing bodies, and the women not so much. Jason Momoa looks like the cover of a romance novel. Gal Gadot has a beautiful face, but she's so skinny that her sexy bikini scene in Fast Five was kinda silly.

I realize that usually there's a lot of styling and makeup and so forth to make people look good in movies, but I'm convinced that Momoa just gets out of bed in the morning looking like the cover a romance novel.

That man can slice my throat open with my own sword, then rip my tongue out through the hole anytime. :swoon:

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Mordja posted:

Fully half the scenes in that trailer have some kind of slo-mo. :lol:

The better to see the trainwreck, I guess.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

"ow, my ankle"
-that guy

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Why was there suddenly a football game in the snow in that trailer?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Randarkman posted:

Why was there suddenly a football game in the snow in that trailer?

It's probably a flashback for Cyborg's origin story.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
cyborg sucks

his power is he transforms his hand into a gun

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
It would be cool if they stopped making super hero movies

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Zzulu posted:

cyborg sucks

Agreed. Unfortunately Geoff Johns loving loves him so we're stuck with him.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i got owned so bad i lost my entire body so now I'm a ROBOTMAN and my hand is a GUN

They kept part of my face human though, for NO GOOD REASON

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 37 minutes!
Soiled Meat

Zzulu posted:

i got owned so bad i lost my entire body so now I'm a ROBOTMAN and my hand is a GUN

They kept part of my face human though, for NO GOOD REASON

It's about time somebody put Robocop in line.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
robot cop had a good reason to have a face though, he was a cop and needed to look a little human

Why Cyborg has half a face though I do not know

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

There's a lot of slow-motion. The episodes were running up to 8 minutes under. The only way to stretch them out was with slow-motion. And we tried to keep the slow-motion away from the dialogue as much as possible. But anything without dialogue was considered for slow-motion.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Guy Goodbody posted:

There's a lot of slow-motion. The episodes were running up to 8 minutes under. The only way to stretch them out was with slow-motion. And we tried to keep the slow-motion away from the dialogue as much as possible. But anything without dialogue was considered for slow-motion.

You and he were... buddies?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Zzulu posted:

cyborg sucks

He was cool in the cartoon because they gave him an actual personality, one that makes sense for a robot man (giant tech nerd whos best friend is the game nerd), also cranked his hangups over physical limitations to 11

Comic Cyborg is just dc brand Stoic Leader, i think he gets frustrated sometimes

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Look at them Bat-nips.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

You're acting like an ape! A WILD ape!!!

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

unsurprising that goons hate the only BLACK superhero in the justice league and wish he didn't have a face

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I wish he had a face, that was eating hoagies while putting dents into an XL sized gamepad with his robot fingers

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I liked Cyborg in the little baby cartoon and they really should have taken cues from that.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

They probably think they'll get more women to see it if they pitch it as a romance

I guarantee that's what they were thinking.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Grondoth posted:

I guarantee that's what they were thinking.

But...but my soggy knees!!!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Trunko posted:

It would be cool if they stopped making super hero movies

Weren't you paying attention? Mengele is good or something.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Is he dc or marvel

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

reignofevil posted:

I liked Cyborg in the little baby cartoon and they really should have taken cues from that.

He's alright in the justice league cartoon too. I also like black green lantern.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Trunko posted:

Is he dc or marvel

i think he's capcom

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Trunko posted:

Is he dc or marvel

MENGELE: GENERATIONS

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Are those electrodes going from her titty to her brain? How nefarious.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
swastika belt buckle over a jet black lab coat is a good look

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
That nurse's uniform is dope as hell too.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Boys From Brazil is a legitimately good movie and I hope it wins the Oscar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzKkgg8Aw_0

costre
Feb 10, 2011

Title Text
You have used 0 of 300 characters allowed.
As many people, I saw Stoklasa's "Plinkett Star Wars reviews" first, and discovered Red Letter Media later.
I absolutely love those guys. Any episode that pops up in my feed brings tears to my eyes.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

costre posted:

As many people, I saw Stoklasa's "Plinkett Star Wars reviews" first, and discovered Red Letter Media later.
I absolutely love those guys. Any episode that pops up in my feed brings tears to my eyes.

Welcome, friend.

I watched the Phantom Menace review shortly after it came out because I was told it was funny and interesting even if you don't care about Star Wars, which I don't. I didn't check out their other stuff until like a year before Jay started to get hot, which is how I measure time now.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Zzulu posted:

robot cop had a good reason to have a face though, he was a cop and needed to look a little human

Why Cyborg has half a face though I do not know

If he was all robot he'd just be Robot and not Cyborg duh

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
What if they just had half his face left over and its like you don't just wanna throw away perfectly good face.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Why did Robert Cop 2016 have a hand though like it wasn't attached to any human parts it was just a severed hand it's not like he also kept his dick

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Why did Robert Cop 2016 have a hand though like it wasn't attached to any human parts it was just a severed hand it's not like he also kept his dick

So he could unlock his iPhone quickly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Because "You can tell a lot about a man by his handshake". Really, that's the reason they came up with.

*edit*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7_vrhrToUI

• Locked thread