Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Can you guys guess who the top 3 most efficient post-up players are?

I will give you three hints.

One of them was chosen by the franchise this trade deadline to be their big of the future.
One of them is from LA
Two of them are not from North America
One of them plays next to a MVP race favorite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

straight up brolic posted:

Maybe he could rebound, pass, or play defense. Literally the only thing he does okay is score and he's not even good at it.

He's Austin Rivers with worse defense, greater opportunity, and a better shot.

Bookers 58th in the NBA for total assists and 165th for total rebounds, both of which would make sense because he's a shooting guard. He's got more rebounds than Kyrie, Conley, Beal, Schroder, or Jrue, and more assists than Wade, Kawhi, Carmelo, Wiggins, or Saric. He's 82nd in steals which is better than Barnes, Jae Crowder, Klay Thompson, and Lillard.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

One of them was chosen by the franchise this trade deadline to be their big of the future.
One of them is from LA

Jokic kanter Paul George?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Booker had a good game against the Mavs last time they played. No 70 point performance or anything but he did have a great game winner. Whenever Harden passes the torch of best sg in the league, I would think Booker is one of the more likely players that could become the next best sg. Dude is 20, he has a lot of time to get better.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Doltos posted:

Bookers 58th in the NBA for total assists and 165th for total rebounds, both of which would make sense because he's a shooting guard. He's got more rebounds than Kyrie, Conley, Beal, Schroder, or Jrue, and more assists than Wade, Kawhi, Carmelo, Wiggins, or Saric. He's 82nd in steals which is better than Barnes, Jae Crowder, Klay Thompson, and Lillard.
Yes but you're literally just cherry picking totals stats for people that are bad in individual things to make him look better. He averages 3 rebounds, 3 assists, and 1 steal a game. Everyone that you listed is considerably better at something else.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Color me shocked Dennis Schroeder isn't a good rebounder

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Depends on who you consider an SG, because Jimmy Butler and George tend to swing from the wing spots, depending on who's on the roster.

Booker is still basically a slightly more creative Klay Thompson without any defense.

(I'm also kinda bias for Jamal Murray being better, although it looks like he's more of a PG for the Nuggets nowadays)

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Yes but you're literally just cherry picking totals stats for people that are bad in individual things to make him look better. He averages 3 rebounds, 3 assists, and 1 steal a game. Everyone that you listed is considerably better at something else.

"You can't use stats to disprove me saying he doesn't do things that are statistically tracked"

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I thought the 70 was a bit boring because there were 20+ free throws and very little in the way of dunks is all. And a ton of the final 10 points came off weak whistles where he didn't finish the shot. I see what SUB is sayin' but I don't totally agree. It's still a massive accomplishment, it's just not much of a highlight reel. There is something strangely bland about his play. It's efficient but doesn't have much flair.

In terms of pure entertainment Kobe's final game was definitely way better.

We'd know if he had a personality because players with personality make it known. Joel Embiid is real.

dokmo posted:

SAS also called James Harden boring and likes Space Jam, may not one hundred percent understand entertainment.

Free throws are boring!!!

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Doltos posted:

"You can't use stats to disprove me saying he doesn't do things that are statistically tracked"
You're not disproving anything I'm saying though? What is he good at?

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Tae posted:

Depends on who you consider an SG, because Jimmy Butler and George tend to swing from the wing spots, depending on who's on the roster.

Booker is still basically a slightly more creative Klay Thompson without any defense.

(I'm also kinda bias for Jamal Murray being better, although it looks like he's more of a PG for the Nuggets nowadays)

Tae you did it

all the names are correct

this calls for a celebration

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

EvanTH posted:

Tae you did it

lol

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

EvanTH posted:

Tae you did it

lmao

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

EvanTH posted:

Tae you did it

\:unsmith:/

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Metapod posted:

Jokic kanter Paul George?

Yes yes no

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

The sad thing to realize about Booker is his career will probably not be as successful as it could be long term. At some point Sarver will decide the team is good enough to make profits and sell off assets every year.

Tae posted:

While I think positions are outdated and I shouldn't bring them up, I'd argue Butler can be considered a shooting guard some seasons but wouldn't consider Paul George one. Those other players while better than Booker now have reached or are near their ceilings. Assuming Booker develops for a while, when he is near/at his ceiling they will have been on the decline for a while.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Mar 26, 2017

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

One of them is from LA

Love, Jokic, Kanter

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the only reason i can think of why people call harden boring because they're unconsciously comparing him to McGrady

EvanTH posted:

Tae you did it

hahahahaha

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

One of them is from LA

I'll play!
1) Skal Labissiere averaging 1.17 ppp from the post
2) Spencer Dinwiddie is from LA and he's averaging 1.67 ppp but he turns it over a bunch
3) clearly you're talking about either Juan Hernangomez or Danilo Galinari playing next to MVP favorite Jokic because you can't be talking about Kevin Seraphin playing next to PG13

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

e: this is interesting, all players that have scored >15pts, <4ast, <4reb over multiple seasons in their career, sorted by ws/48

straight up brolic fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Mar 26, 2017

Sharparoni
Jan 11, 2004

THE MOST EXCITING MASCOT IN THE LAST 4000 YEARS OF COLLEGE SPORTS

EvanTH posted:

Tae you did it

He put all the effort into correctly spelling their names that he used "bias" instead of "biased", oh well.

Is Jokic an All-NBA player this year, or will the media ignore him?

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

One of them is from LA

Boogie, Kanter, Jokic

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
no wait boogie's not from LA

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

I bet it's Westbrook, Klay, or Harden

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
You did it Brolic i'm convinced that Devin Booker is bad and that scoring 70 points is dumb and boring. In fact, I now think all offense is boring.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

What the gently caress is good with Atlanta. They might miss the playoffs at this rate.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

leftist heap posted:

Boogie, Kanter, Jokic

The third person that wasnt guessed is Demar Derozen

http://stats.nba.com/players/post-up/#!?sort=PPP&dir=1&Season=2016-17&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&PerMode=Totals&CF=FGM*GE*50

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

poo poo I knew it was going to be a guard

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
you hosed me up with that trade deadline thing. I figured it meant someone who HAD been traded. Wiley motherfucker

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Harrison Barnes is the other surprising member of that list.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
lol poor Andre Drummond

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

What the gently caress is good with Atlanta. They might miss the playoffs at this rate.

They aren't making a good case for Millsap to stay. It's one thing to go on a bad losing streak, but to get blown out by the Nets?

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

leftist heap posted:

lol poor Andre Drummond

Yeah, how does this monster dude only have a 42% FG%?

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

poo poo I knew it was going to be a guard

Was thinking about joke / not a joke posting about Shaun Livingston because the dude cold blood murders smaller guards in the post

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Yeah, how does this monster dude only have a 42% FG%?

he started trying to do a jump hook all the time and now it's like he forgot that he can dunk

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Harrison Barnes is the other surprising member of that list.

Barnes owns and has been improving his offensive game all around this season.

Someone mentioned the other day he doesn't pass. He has slowly been getting better at it but I wouldn't expect it to show up in stats much until next season. (and even then would only expect a 1 or 2 apt boost. This will partially depend on how much the two man game between Barnes and Curry develops.)

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Hand Row posted:

They aren't making a good case for Millsap to stay. It's one thing to go on a bad losing streak, but to get blown out by the Nets?
Bucks Raptors is going to be a really good first round series if Lowry is at <80%

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Booker is barely 20, calm down.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

https://instagram.com/p/BSEqxtkB2K5/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

You didnt say anything about restricting for >49 FGAs my answers were right too >:[

• Locked thread