Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

RatHat posted:

The thing is that screen happens so fast there's no way anyone would notice the mistake unless they paused it.

Yeah, I'm wondering how the first person to see it noticed it. Was watching for it and the scene itself was a split second. Barely caught it while actively looking and knowing about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
If I'm going Biotic, what should my three skills be? I'm rocking Charge/Throw/Pull right now but I have the credits to respec if there's a better setup.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

The more I play this the more I feel like game reviewers unfairly targeted this. It has flaws but it's no where near as bad or mediocre as they described. This plays like it should have an additional ten or fifteen points on Metacritic, easily.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

RatHat posted:

The thing is that screen happens so fast there's no way anyone would notice the mistake unless they paused it.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > ME: Andromeda - not too bad if you don't pay attention to the details

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
If you aren't using the Remnant VI 24/7

Something is wrong with you

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Pattonesque posted:

"A Nexus crew member was lost during routine hull maintenance today. The member's name is being withheld until relatives in the Milky Way can be notified."

uhhhhh

Timespy posted:

The worst part is that this is even one of the aanouncements that is voiced and can be heard during the tram ride on the Nexus.
Like, if it was just text I get how it could have slipped past, but now :shrug:

huh??? its a throwaway gag joke. what's the horrible offense here idgi.

Drifter posted:

This shot still cracks me the gently caress up.

It perfectly encapsulates ME:A

whoa thats actually super ugly now that I've played the game. is that low settings or medium?

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Xachariah posted:

Yeah, I'm wondering how the first person to see it noticed it. Was watching for it and the scene itself was a split second. Barely caught it while actively looking and knowing about it.

I think it was one of those "That looked vaguely weird for some reason" moments so they rewound and saw it.

Also on a gameplay note, if you have annihilation on and you charge something, does the field prime them and the Charge detonates? I know I can test it fairly easily but I'm not likely to be near my PC long enough to hop in.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

RatHat posted:

true. but i still find it funny. the gun being backwards. her eyes just kinda going to the side. Peebee next to the ryders(mostly sara) and tiredface is the one that suffers the most from poo poo face.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

CVagts posted:

If I'm going Biotic, what should my three skills be? I'm rocking Charge/Throw/Pull right now but I have the credits to respec if there's a better setup.

Charge/Annihilation/Lance. Spec Charge and Annihilation to restore shields and Lance to have no CD but use shields. Explode literally every enemy.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

CVagts posted:

I like Pull/Lance/Backlash, but I kinda just fell into it. I'm not a big vanguard fan and like shooting stuff with pistols too though. Backlash is really fun/funny though, seeing guys just kill themselves.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The Crowbcat video many people have been waiting for.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

The video I'm waiting for is MrBtongue's. If he even makes videos anymore.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

The Walrus posted:

whoa thats actually super ugly now that I've played the game. is that low settings or medium?

Uhh, it's ultra textures - maybe high.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!

Sycophantry posted:

I had that too. It appears to be linked to the Turian Ark mission.

I fixed it by manual saving on the Nexus, closing the game and starting it back up again. Completely fine after that.
Thanks for the tip, I realldy did do that mission just now before the bug happened, I will check if your suggestion helps.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Drifter posted:

Uhh, it's ultra textures - maybe high.

no way, ultra textures have way more going on, pores etc. that looks like it's out of me3.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I am not a fan of the periodic infinite loading screen bugs in this game.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I beat the game. I enjoyed it. Feel like a lot of the criticism is spot on but story and characters criticism is not. The last mission is great. Drack and Jaal are great. Cora is the best party member in the field.

Beyond the animation and some design decisions not related to combat it's a solid game with patchable issues. One of the criticisms not mentioned is really the game is a soft reboot. Which I'm not totally adverse to.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

CVagts posted:

Pull/throw/lance, with the AoE upgrades.

WalrusWhiskers
Nov 1, 2010

He's got no teeth, see?
Fun Shoe

Jeez, some of these graphical animation glitches are downright creepy and hysterical at the same time *breasts and butt convulse spastically*

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Nichael posted:

The more I play this the more I feel like game reviewers unfairly targeted this. It has flaws but it's no where near as bad or mediocre as they described. This plays like it should have an additional ten or fifteen points on Metacritic, easily.

The game simply should not have been released in the state that its in. Aside from the animation problems, there are several save-breaking bugs, a totally unbalanced/bugged crafting system, a mountain of UI issues, wildly inconsistent performance, a widespread lack of editing and polish ("my face is tired" being a prime example) and drop-happy P2P multiplayer. Unlike my complaints about the main plot these are all things that the devs easily could have fixed before launch if they just delayed it a few months, but Bioware/EA decided to release as-is and the game suffered for it. Fallout: New Vegas got heavily penalized for being buggy at launch, why does ME:A deserve different treatment?

I definitely don't think it should be 5 points lower the DA2 on Metacritic but that's more about DA2s score being ~15 points too high then it is about ME:As.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Nichael posted:

What's it at, 75? I think that's just about the perfect level for this game. It's one of Bioware's best story/character-wise but it's dragged way down by persistent and many-varied technical problems as well as lazy design choices (eg: simplistic character creator that is then used to create all the side characters).

I wouldn't give it 6/10 but I also wouldn't give it 8/10 or 9/10

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Loving the story and races and exploring the worlds and talking to my squadmates though :3:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

The Walrus posted:

no way, ultra textures have way more going on, pores etc. that looks like it's out of me3.

Why are you arguing with me or is this just a joke about how bad MEA looks? These are my settings - and have been my settings for quite some time, from way before I ever took that screenshot.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

The game simply should not have been released in the state that its in. Aside from the animation problems, there are several save-breaking bugs, a totally unbalanced/bugged crafting system, a mountain of UI issues, wildly inconsistent performance, a widespread lack of editing and polish ("my face is tired" being a prime example) and drop-happy P2P multiplayer. Unlike my complaints about the main plot these are all things that the devs easily could have fixed before launch if they just delayed it a few months, but Bioware/EA decided to release as-is and the game suffered for it. Fallout: New Vegas got heavily penalized for being buggy at launch, why does ME:A deserve different treatment?

I definitely don't think it should be 5 points lower the DA2 on Metacritic but that's more about DA2s score being ~15 points too high then it is about ME:As.

Last November EA stated they were willing to push back the release date up to 5 months if Bioware signaled that they needed that extra time. Whether that was just a public face thing and internally they were pressuring Bioware to release it in March, I dunno, but the bugs seem to be on Bioware, not EA.

https://www.vg247.com/2016/11/02/ea...money-to-do-so/

StarbloodKiss
Feb 3, 2016

Why is the entire cargo hold full with crates of Krogan Krackers?
I think an issue is just that a lot of people get really irritated and angry when their expectations aren't met. Other people simply make fun of it and move on. I always felt that if you can at least make fun of something\poke fun at it, its just your way of blowing off steam but accepting things for what they are. Like when I first started playing and encountered various issues, I didn't blow my top but rather had a bit of fit of hysterical laughter at some of the bugs. I had no idea what to expect since I didn't read anything anyone wrote about the game before it was officially released, so experiencing these things first hand was hilarious. Albeit I'd much prefer if it wasn't the case, but at the same time I still had fun regardless.

So yeah, it's definitely in a 7/10 range. Not horrible in the least, but I know Bioware can do better.

StarbloodKiss fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Mar 26, 2017

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Nichael posted:

74 does seem a bit low. I'd say it's realistically at least 80-85. If buggy games with strange expressions/animations really were that bad then Bethesda and Obsidian would no longer exist.

I'm enjoying it quite a lot, I like to imagine the expressions and phrasing some people use are a side effect of cryo and/or they're autistic. :shepface:

Cythereal posted:

I am not a fan of the periodic infinite loading screen bugs in this game.

This thing is straight bullshit though, yeah. Hope they patch that the hell outta here.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Holy poo poo the cat squid monster people look bad.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
When I get an infinite loading bug I alt tab out and surf the net for a few minutes and then alt tab back in and it's good.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

Admiral Ray posted:

Last November EA stated they were willing to push back the release date up to 5 months if Bioware signaled that they needed that extra time. Whether that was just a public face thing and internally they were pressuring Bioware to release it in March, I dunno, but the bugs seem to be on Bioware, not EA.

https://www.vg247.com/2016/11/02/ea...money-to-do-so/
Not for an instant would I believe EA would honestly want to push a release date back for extra polish. Their public stance is an obvious lie. The unspoken private one is "don't push this back or things will be bad for you."

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Man I've played 56 hours so far and only encountered one single bug that can apparently be fixed by some save-kung-fu. Also 70+ fps constantly with 0 dropped frames on 1440p with Ultra settings and thats with a GTX 1070 not even a 1080...
Don't know what to tell you but maybe your PC is having some issues, and if you play on console and experience "inconsistent performance", well that's an argument I'd rather not get into.

Edit: Yes the writing is poo poo e.g. that "my face is tired" bitch, there is no argument there - I agree with all of that. It get's even worse, wait until you get a quest marker for that transsexual character who has no quest attached to her until much later in the game. You get a quest marker for her before she has a quest to give to you. I have nothing against transsexuals at all quite the contrary, but holy poo poo that was awful. What the hell were they thinking when they wrote that? That dialogue should be qualified as a war crime.

Lollerich fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Mar 26, 2017

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Xachariah posted:

74 does seem a bit low. I'd say it's realistically at least 80-85. If buggy games with strange expressions/animations really were that bad then Bethesda and Obsidian would no longer exist.

I'm enjoying it quite a lot, I like to imagine the expressions and phrasing some people use are a side effect of cryo and/or they're autistic. :shepface:
I feel like the subtext of AI's volunteers is you have to be somewhat out of the norm to drop everything and disconnect yourself from civilization forever. Liam, for example, says he just kind of said goodbye to his parents and left, and then he woke up they were dead from old age (or gooified by the Reapers).

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Crustashio posted:

I don't know what the gently caress happened but I broke one of the Eos missions pretty hard. After you settle, there is a mission to deactivate a big kett power plant. I just went to the front door and gained access. As an optional part of the mission you shut down some stuff, but it trips an alarm. Tried to disable it but it tells you to go do something on 3 other consoles, so I did that. But the alarm kept going and there was no objective marker to turn it off and the original console didn't work.

So the game just kept spawning an infinite amount of kett. I killed an absolute shitton (like 10 minutes of vanguard charging them) but I noticed they were just phasing into existence right in front of me. Then I think there were memory issues because the models for some weren't loading, it just showed healthbars.

I eventually went and finished the objective inside a building, and when I came back out they were still loving spawning. Even after leaving the base I couldn't save or fast travel, had to go back to the colony before it took me out of combat status.

edit: Also, when you talk to peebee near the tempest research station in my game she does a full 360 before talking to you. It's hilarious every time.

Yeah, its bugged.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

StarbloodKiss posted:

I think an issue is just that a lot of people get really irritated and angry when their expectations aren't met. Other people simply make fun of it and move on. I always felt that if you can at least make fun of something\poke fun at it, its just your way of blowing off steam but accepting things for what they are. Like when I first started playing and encountered various issues, I didn't blow my top but rather had a bit of fit of hysterical laughter at some of the bugs. I had no idea what to expect since I didn't read anything anyone wrote about the game before it was officially released, so experiencing these things first hand was hilarious. Albeit I'd much prefer if it wasn't the case, but at the same time I still had fun regardless.

So yeah, it's definitely in a 7/10 range. Not horrible in the least, but I know Bioware can do better.

That's how I played most Bioware games since EA took over and I agree. It's not worth writing essays on what is bad and why, it simply is and let's face it, a lot of the stuff that's fixable isn't going to be fixed regardless. I'll just play it while my eyes are basically rolling 100% of the time I'm not laughing at bugs, glitches and what not. This is what got me through ME3's atrocious plot and besides that, it was a way more polished experience.

Arguing if the game deserved 5 or 10 points more is kinda weird though. I thought people on the internet figured out by now that review scores are arbitrary (games "journalism" etc.) and on top of that: not comparable between publications as a 1-100 score like what Metacritic aggregates.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Whoof, I just got to the Tempest, saw all the stuff at the R&D table and immediately froze up on decision paralysis. I don't suppose I can ignore that table going forward, can I?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Ciaphas posted:

Whoof, I just got to the Tempest, saw all the stuff at the R&D table and immediately froze up on decision paralysis. I don't suppose I can ignore that table going forward, can I?

Theoretically sure but it's not like researching one thing prevents you from researching another later on

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Drifter posted:

Why are you arguing with me or is this just a joke about how bad MEA looks? These are my settings - and have been my settings for quite some time, from way before I ever took that screenshot.

I didn't think it was actually your shot or I wouldn't have phrased it like i did. but if it's not textures then it's shaders or postprocessing or something that I have on ultra and you have on high because there's a really big difference imo. genuinely thought your pic was on medium settings. like just compare the closeup detail

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

I love my point and click adventure sniper rifles but this thing is so much more fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzkukmkhjfk

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
"Here they come!!"

*nothing appears, the only monster in the vicinity is dead*

*player looks around frantically and shoots the ground a couple times*

"we're done here"

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Nichael posted:

I actually agree that it's unfair that DA2 is scored higher on metacritic, because holy poo poo that game is an abomination

But nah, mediocre is exactly the word to describe this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarbloodKiss
Feb 3, 2016

Why is the entire cargo hold full with crates of Krogan Krackers?

orcane posted:

That's how I played most Bioware games since EA took over and I agree. It's not worth writing essays on what is bad and why, it simply is and let's face it, a lot of the stuff that's fixable isn't going to be fixed regardless. I'll just play it while my eyes are basically rolling 100% of the time I'm not laughing at bugs, glitches and what not. This is what got me through ME3's atrocious plot and besides that, it was a way more polished experience.

Arguing if the game deserved 5 or 10 points more is kinda weird though. I thought people on the internet figured out by now that review scores are arbitrary (games "journalism" etc.) and on top of that: not comparable between publications as a 1-100 score like what Metacritic aggregates.

I stopped following what people said when it comes to reviewing games ages ago. The only score I really look at would be the userscore on Metacritic or on Steam if its available. For the PC, the userscore is 4.6 with around 1500 total reviews. Usually the userscores work well for me to figure out where a particular game stands, but in cases like this where its a unanimous dumping, it does come off as a bit skewed and not entirely true. But eh, people will be people. I just hope that ME:A has patches to fix its issues along with DLC to expand on the game\its MP component.