Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
I don't mind a poo poo show when we win, but this was a bit much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

lol at drawing against loving romania, at least they didn't steal a win haha gypsy fucks hahaa

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

pik_d posted:

It's OK, Chris Martin is here! Whoever that is

Chris Martin is great get hosed Slovenia.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
scotland deserved a result from that nice to see

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Danny Blind has kindly been asked to gently caress off from the Dutch team.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
Any good analysis in English of Dutch meltdown?
Isn't Robben like worth the entire Bulgarian team?

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Doctor Malaver posted:

They didn't even make the 100-team euros last summer lmao

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Paddyb posted:

Im glad the Greeks are still mentalists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkLJQu-fHw8
Wait Samaras is still playing for Greece?

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Crazy Ted posted:

Wait Samaras is still playing for Greece?

Neither of those legends were in the squad yesterday rips

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Malaver posted:

well,

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Doctor Malaver posted:

they're garbagemen

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.

Doctor Malaver posted:

https://twitter.com/11tegen11/status/845905968005369856

Look at that pass map. Its the same as Ajax had under Frank de Boer in his last year. Just endless passing around the back four, trying to find wingers that are ineffective because both Robben and Promes like go inside and our striker is one that needs wingers on the wing giving crosses. Its pretty much the Dutch curse by now. Almost every team in the Dutch league plays 4-3-3 only. Get ball from defender, give it to winger, hope he doesnt lose it, repeat.

But hey, 4-3-3 worked in the 70's so it should work in 2017!

9-Volt Assault fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Mar 27, 2017

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Thanks. I'd be interested in reading something broader, like how you went from third place in 2014 WC to missing the next two major competitions.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

For one, the bondscoach iswas blind.

Healbot fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Mar 27, 2017

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

Doctor Malaver posted:

they don't have any good players except Robben, who is old and looks like a skull with clingfilm on it

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Healbot posted:

For one, the bondscoach iswas blind.

Yeah, and the mood will not turn jubilant either with caretaker manager Fred Grim.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

excuse me lady posted:

they don't have any good players except Robben, who is old and looks like a skull with clingfilm on it

We also didnt have any good players in 2014 (except Robben), just a good coach. Van Gaal had enough stature that he could get away with what he did, but the whole nation, especially the pundits on television, seemed angry as gently caress that he dared to not play a 4-3-3.

I really think we need a foreign coach for the next 10 years or so, someone who can drag Dutch football kicking and screaming into the 21st century.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

excuse me lady posted:

It's not like Bulgaria or Sweden have any good players either and they are ahead in the qualifiers.

9-Volt Assault posted:

We also didnt have any good players in 2014 (except Robben), just a good coach. Van Gaal had enough stature that he could get away with what he did, but the whole nation, especially the pundits on television, seemed angry as gently caress that he dared to not play a 4-3-3.

I really think we need a foreign coach for the next 10 years or so, someone who can drag Dutch football kicking and screaming into the 21st century.

So 4-3-3 is the main fault?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

It's sticking to age old tactics because they worked thirty years ago.

True, some day it'll come around because football tends to be cyclical, but this is not the time for a classic 4-3-3.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

9-Volt Assault posted:

This, except van gaal is a wasteman.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Healbot posted:

It's sticking to age old tactics because they worked thirty years ago.

True, some day it'll come around because football tends to be cyclical, but this is not the time for a classic 4-3-3.

Well, 4-3-3 is a problem when you use wingers that are not actually wingers like Robben, promes, Memphis etc.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Lets play a classic 4-3-3 when you have wingers who only want to go inside, wing-backs lacking the stamina and quality to contribute to attacks with frequent runs forward and crosses, and strikers whose main/only skill is heading. :lol:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

9-Volt Assault posted:

Lets play a classic 4-3-3 when you have wingers who only want to go inside, wing-backs lacking the stamina and quality to contribute to attacks with frequent runs forward and crosses, and strikers whose main/only skill is heading. :lol:

- Jurgen Klinsmann

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

wicka posted:

- Jurgen Klinsmann
Jurgen Klinsmann is more like "Okay guys I've picked the best eleven for this game, but I'm going to play everybody out of position except the goalkeeper."

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Crazy Ted posted:

Jurgen Klinsmann is more like "Okay guys I've picked the best eleven for this game, but I'm going to play everybody out of position except the goalkeeper."

I honestly felt bad for him during the Honduras game. Just goal after goal of proof that he's a terrible coach.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Oh?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ivory-coast-vs-senegal-abandoned-10111342 posted:

Ivory Coast's friendly with Senegal was abandoned on Monday night after a mass pitch invasion in which a player was tackled to the ground.

The match was in its closing stages when trouble began in the stands of the Charlety Stadium on the outskirts of Paris.

A minority of supporters evaded stewards to gain access to the pitch and one appeared to rugby tackle Senegal's Lamine Gassama.

Oh.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
The Nigeria-Burkina Faso friendly in London was called off because there's no British Embassy in Burkina Faso and they couldn't arrange visas for their team in time. Bit of a lousy week for African international football.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Belgium B is already losing to Russia lol

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

HJB posted:

Oh?

Oh.

didnt know there was beef between ivorians and senegalese

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Look at this frickin Holland team

lol

Mempiss up front.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I've heard of some of those players

Not great things but I've heard of them

Also I see my friends in Estonia took a mighty win in a pointless friendly prestige squad-evaluation strength-test tonight, which is good

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
teams for the Spain-France friendly:

Spain: De Gea, Alba, Ramos, Pique, Carvajal, Iniesta, Busquets, Koke, Isco, Morata, Pedro

France: Lloris, Jallet, Koscielny, Umtiti, Kurzawa, Tolisso, Kanté, Rabiot, Griezman, Gameiro, Mbappé

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

didnt know there was beef between ivorians and senegalese

are you saying they are fighting over a cow

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
goal for Griezmann :siren: under review :siren:

edit: lmfao it was called off for offside in the build-up, thanks eye-in-the-sky

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
The wonders of modern technology

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
i know these games dont matter but portugal just scored an own goal to lose with 10 seconds left lol

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

he hosed up the rko

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
france had the video ref disallow a goal for offside then spain had one awarded by them after the linesman flagged for offside which is cool imo

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Looks like Holland are still really bad, Romagnoli even tried to help them out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
lol Argentina

• Locked thread