Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Bad Moon posted:

I think I'm going to regret not getting a Doug Baldwin color rush jersey in eye searing lime

Golden Tate was better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

The Chiefs color rush was just the all reds that they already wear a couple times a year anyway.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I actually really liked the NE color rush jerseys.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

If they let the Bengals have white helmets it would have been perfect but the NFL is the worst run league on the planet

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

The cardinals color rush was black and red and then they didn't wear it because the 49ers color rush uniform was also black and red

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

each jersey should be the same exact color of that mans current pee, using nanomachines coupled with the latest led paneling technology. tackling is no longer allowed on thursday nights, and the awareness of becoming safely hydrated at all times will grow very much faster than a quick runner of the NFL Combine 40 Yard Dash. thank You

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

AggressivelyStupid posted:

If they let the Bengals have white helmets it would have been perfect but the NFL is the worst run league on the planet
I think SportsCenter reported that one of the proposals was helmet options.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Eagles withdrew the Helmet proposal

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Bad Moon posted:

I think I'm going to regret not getting a Doug Baldwin color rush jersey in eye searing lime

You're in luck!

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
https://twitter.com/Mac_BZ/status/846010178206158848

cringe...

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

CyberPingu posted:

Eagles withdrew the Helmet proposal

Cowards finally have a good plan and then give it up

this is why they'll never win a Super Bowl

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

color rush roolz and anyone who complained about it is a killjoy dipstick

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Looks like he intercepted Russ' cornballness too!

I appreciate the vote of confidence in linking a goon a medium

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Alaois posted:

color rush roolz and anyone who complained about it is a killjoy dipstick

Agreed

we either got really cool alternates or hilariously funny misfires for one night a week during games that usually suck anyway. Who gives a gently caress about the purity of the uniform when you still get 7 other games with it.

we should experiment with dumb themes for one game a week more often

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The best part about Color Rush was the 49ers revealed a black alternate in 2015 and had a BIG REVEAL for their Color Rush that was...

the 2015 black alternative.

It also matched the Cardinals' Color Rush uni, who was their 2016 matchup.

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Mar 26, 2017

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Jesus does anyone really care what colors the uniforms are? Make them mauve, whatever the hell that looks like, and I'd still watch.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
i want all uniforms to just be slight variations of hangover piss yellow

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Jesus does anyone really care what colors the uniforms are? Make them mauve, whatever the hell that looks like, and I'd still watch.

these are the type of people who will play skyrim for six hours, and the entire six hour session is to find that helmet that matches the boots their imaginary character is wearing.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
New jerseys made of velcro. The footballs are also covered in velcro.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Gonz posted:

New jerseys made of velcro. The footballs are also covered in velcro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DgAfs4FutI

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Yes. This.

Also, the new helmets should be breakaway helmets. They break into 50 pieces when struck in a certain way. The pieces also break into smaller pieces. And so on and so forth.

And forget numbers on jerseys, now. The numbers have been replaced with a QR code that, when scanned by the viewer(s), direct their phones to the NFL shop, where they can buy TruckNuts from their favorite team.

Gonz fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Mar 26, 2017

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I don't particularly care, but seeing how almost every team has good looking threads, I'd rather not see:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

everyone put on your jammies and let's play football

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Color Rush would be cool if the Texans didn't have the most boring colors ever

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

The Jaguars are baby poo poo brown as a statement about their record, and how dare u malign them for this

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Yeah that's a bad uniform.

Looks like duck poo poo.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Curious when we trade Landry.

He's been demanding 14 million per season so uh yeah. That's a lot.

Maybe 4/50/28

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Curious when we trade Landry.

He's been demanding 14 million per season so uh yeah. That's a lot.

That seems...somewhat reasonable for an opening position for Landry given Antonio Brown's contract?

He's not AB good of course, but he's pretty good and that contract ups what guys who deserve to be locked up are going to ask for.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

TBeats posted:

these are the type of people who will play skyrim for six hours, and the entire six hour session is to find that helmet that matches the boots their imaginary character is wearing.

https://twitter.com/ff14forums_txt/status/842858195056037888

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Humanity was a mistake

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
The Bengals & Chargers had the best colour rush unis by far.

Jacksonville's looks like a rotten mustard packet or some poo poo.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Blitz7x posted:

Humanity was a mistake

I agree. No red color effects? Bring on the meteor.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Durandal1707 posted:

It's a shame that the Bengals and Chargers were as unwatchable as their uniforms were good.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Durandal1707 posted:

The Steelers' color rush was sweet, my friend. Especially winning the division, on Christmas Day was very sweet. The 5'10" 190lb AB looked really good 'em out-muscling the Ravens' wicked expensive FA safety Eric Weddle and their super hyped LB C.J. Mosley at the the goal line for a walk-off TD too.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Jaguars "gold" color rush is abysmal. I'd rather they traded their facemasks for Shad Khan mustaches instead.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Everything about the Jags' uniforms is an abomination

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The reason they suck every year is because of their idiotic helmets imo

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kalli posted:

I don't particularly care, but seeing how almost every team has good looking threads, I'd rather not see:

For as much of a huge deal the NFL makes over forcing players to wear the same helmet for every single game in a season, look at these goddamn cleats. There's no way these cleats were broken in and I would loving hate having to play a NFL match in brand-new novelty cleats.

This whole Nike deal, right down to the jersey wet-patches and sweat-guts and the novelty cleats, is such a loving terrible idea.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
that football mans, proud member of the jacksonville jaguars, is definitely regretting wearing nike cleats. they even hosed up and put the wrong logo on the side. gosh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
There's some possibly questionable science behind the one helmet all year thing being safer. As I recall it's not well researched or anything, but I feel like we should throw the NFL a bone on the rare occasions where their heart is in the right place.

Although we should not allow the Jags to get away with those terrible helmets they're forced to put on every game of course.

• Locked thread