Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
snail goat
Dec 12, 2006

you shouldnt doubt yourself
you know more about goats than you give yourself credit for

Tony Doughnuts posted:

Ban this sick filth
Why, for giving my car the papering and attention she deserves? It was a stressful week, she needs a glass of wine and a good soak. Or maybe I mean me.

I can bring it down to 50% if you think that's more appropriate, but that was the last of that clay. I'd have to use another one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Matt Criibabi posted:

Why, for giving my car the papering and attention she deserves? It was a stressful week, she needs a glass of wine and a good soak. Or maybe I mean me.

I can bring it down to 50% if you think that's more appropriate, but that was the last of that clay. I'd have to use another one.

Only in veedub-land do you add product to reduce coverage.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
How can you tell from the photo that the balloon is filled with helium?

Given how easy it is to crack water at home I expect the winner to cheat and use a hydrogen balloon.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Can we use any gas that is lighter than air?

snail goat
Dec 12, 2006

prom candy posted:

Can we use any gas that is lighter than air?

Yes. I just want to see a happy balloon that is floating in the air, not a sad balloon that droops in despair.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
So I guess it depends whose curry night comes round first.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

~Coxy posted:

How can you tell from the photo that the balloon is filled with helium?

Given how easy it is to crack water at home I expect the winner to cheat and use a hydrogen balloon.

This is quite easy. One explodes, the other makes you talk like Donald Duck. Just dont do either as they arent exactly safe.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Matt Criibabi posted:

:siren:Post a picture of your car with a helium-filled balloon tied to it.:siren:

Congratulations on passing your MOT with no advisories!!

:siren:A picture of your car in front of a brewery/distillery. Please include a branded can/bottle/glass/shot of the featured alcoholic beverage in the photo (either on, in or in front of your car). Homebrew doesn't count:siren:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Any challenge requiring the purchase of alcohol is a good challenge

Also holy poo poo that photo :3:

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Drinking and driving, together at last

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Tomarse posted:

:siren:A picture of your car in front of a brewery/distillery. Please include a branded can/bottle/glass/shot of the featured alcoholic beverage in the photo (either on, in or in front of your car). Homebrew doesn't count:siren:

Can this be done with a rental? If so I'm running back to Jim.Bean later today

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Tomarse posted:

Finally, something I can accomplish on the way home:

That truck is fuckin adorable :3:

scuz fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Mar 20, 2017

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
NOT AN ENTRY

Tomarse posted:

drat ye old picture rule. This was last weekend in front of Black Stallion Winery in Napa valley. :(

snail goat
Dec 12, 2006

Tomarse posted:

This picture fills me with so much joy, thank you!

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
Welp. The dad in the minivan beat you all to it.

:siren:Picture of your car parking hard next to another vehicle parking hard. :siren:

edit: ok, let's get more descriptive... Parking well outside of the lines. Not confined to your designated "space" Take up those other 3 surrounding your spot, park it in the middle of the street. or similar.

Beverly Cleavage fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Mar 21, 2017

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
:confused:

edit: I googled it for me, nevermind :downs:

scuz fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Mar 21, 2017

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Can we stipulate that the person taking the photo can only be associated with one of the vehicles? You shouldn't be able to hard park on your own hard-parked vehicle. I think that's a rule in the bible.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Though I guess not specified, that was what I had in mind.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Astonishing Wang posted:

Can we stipulate that the person taking the photo can only be associated with one of the vehicles? You shouldn't be able to hard park on your own hard-parked vehicle. I think that's a rule in the bible.
Yes, while I took advantage of owning multiple cars earlier in the thread, I think this is a sensible rule. Only one vehicle in such multi-vehicle challenges can be yours, unless specifically part of the challenge.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Beverly Cleavage posted:

Well done! Which of their beers did you get? ;)

Torn Quad Jones
Nov 2, 2011
Picture of your car parking hard next to another vehicle parking hard.

Only one of these is owned by myself both jeeps are in 3 spots each :haw:

:siren: post a pic of your vehicle MID burnout :siren:

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat

Beverly Cleavage posted:

:siren:Picture of your car parking hard next to another vehicle parking hard. :siren:

edit: ok, let's get more descriptive... Parking well outside of the lines. Not confined to your designated "space" Take up those other 3 surrounding your spot, park it in the middle of the street. or similar.

Choice beverage, looks like a Number 9 on the left (hard to tell on my phone), one of my top 5 beers for sure. Cheers!

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Tomarse posted:

Well done! Which of their beers did you get? ;)

Modus Man posted:

Choice beverage, looks like a Number 9 on the left (hard to tell on my phone), one of my top 5 beers for sure. Cheers!

Indeed. #9, the other is Feast of Fools, a raspberry stout. Haven't tried it yet.

Semi-related, I've worked and now lived near there for over a decade. First time walking in was today specifically for this challenge. Lol

Time to bust out some minivan burnouts in the morning.....

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Bueller? Bueller?

Torn Quad Jones
Nov 2, 2011
Severely disappointed with the lack of tire fires :saddowns:

snail goat
Dec 12, 2006

Have a rental Mustang right now but no clue how to burn out, or even if you can in an automatic, and also been drinking since vacation started so it's probably not a good idea anyway....

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Matt Criibabi posted:

Have a rental Mustang right now but no clue how to burn out, or even if you can in an automatic, and also been drinking since vacation started so it's probably not a good idea anyway....
In a rental Mustang, it'll be a little anaemic, but it'll do it with a certain amount of brusqueness in how you treat it.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Sauce the tyres with ATF and you can get grandpas mobility scooter to smoke it up

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I'm just a cheap-skate and don't want to smoke up my brand new tires. :v:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
This isn't a competitor due to being too old (:lol: 2015) but have a burnout
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJqwF7FphNk

Nothing I presently own and actually have running has the power to spin its tires... loving subarus and RENIX jeeps

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
I thought about doing this but my S1000XR tires started showing cords Friday. I don't want to wind up with bits of steel in my legs or tear up a relatively new bike.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Most of my rides are AWD and we're in the middle of a melt so there's no ice on the ground anymore :(

Rental mustang, you can do it! (ATF, wd-40, any lubricant will do the trick, even water might be sufficient to make it easy to do a burnout.)

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
I mean, if you don't care at all... Neutral drop it.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

rdb posted:

I thought about doing this but my S1000XR tires started showing cords Friday. I don't want to wind up with bits of steel in my legs or tear up a relatively new bike.

I was thinking the same thing, but my new rear tyre turned up in the mail today so lets turn some rubber into smoke!* (Non-competing - violates rule 6 due to lack of engine)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW8nOwX7BHI

*rubber may not actually turn into smoke

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Time for someone to get inventive and take the piss out of the challenge.

Edit : The idea I had didnt quite come off - I broke the diff on the RC car trying to see if I could smoke the rears. Apparently The Hornet's driveline just doesnt cope with a modern motor and LiOn battery pack

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Mar 27, 2017

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Time for someone to get inventive and take the piss out of the challenge.

Edit : The idea I had didnt quite come off - I broke the diff on the RC car trying to see if I could smoke the rears. Apparently The Hornet's driveline just doesnt cope with a modern motor and LiOn battery pack

Fuckit, you beat me to my plan. That, and all the freezing rain last night means its hard to prove I'm doing a burnout. If I get some dry pavement I'll smoke a brushless motor trying to get a good show going for you all.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Ephphatha posted:

I was thinking the same thing, but my new rear tyre turned up in the mail today so lets turn some rubber into smoke!* (Non-competing - violates rule 6 due to lack of engine)

I actually like this

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

I actually like this

Agreed. This is way more impressive than a one-wheel peel in a Mustang.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

Ephphatha posted:

I think this should count, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Torn Quad Jones posted:

:siren: post a pic of your vehicle MID burnout :siren:

I figure almost a week gives me some leeway...

:siren: post a pic of your vehicle in front of a large mural or well done work of graffiti. (Like, boxcar sized, at least) :siren:

joat mon fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Mar 28, 2017

• Locked thread