Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Yapping Eevee posted:

ATM machine, PIN number, LCD display...

Fun fact: this is called RAS syndrome. (Which is of course 'redundant acronym syndrome syndrome'.)

TLA syndrome is not redundant, however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I'm catching up with this LP but drop me in anyway. I'll see how long I last when I get there in the playlist. I don't know the classes, so give me anything with guns or bows to match my current PoE character.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
With all these huge game releases coming out all at once, I haven't had time to actually make a new update. However I am providing the one video I promised a while back since the main Vulf video was a bit of a hot mess

Episode 50-B: Brigand Vulf Guide

This is why we have separate cutscene vids on Iron Chitlin's channel. I should get to updating the OP with that.

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.
I used a party of the MAA, Graverobber, Jester and Vestal. The final fight is a bit slower, but I was able to keep my stress levels very low with liberal use of stress healing. Also, the Jester's bleed works very well on Vvulf. The Graverobber dodges the majority of attacks thrown at her, and she'll shred Vvulf with daggers. After that it is just mop up.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Highwang posted:

With all these huge game releases coming out all at once, I haven't had time to actually make a new update. However I am providing the one video I promised a while back since the main Vulf video was a bit of a hot mess

Episode 50-B: Brigand Vulf Guide

This is why we have separate cutscene vids on Iron Chitlin's channel. I should get to updating the OP with that.

I fundamentally disagree that selfish is a mediocre affliction - it is the worst affliction after abusive. You are right that its combat problems aren't that bad. But Selfish effectively makes the hero behave as if they have kleptomania. Selfish heroes will activate curios on their own and keep the loot for themselves. It is the most dangerous trait in terms of loot.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
New Update - Episode 52: Necromancer Lord

Chitlin and I visit an old friend for the last time, though the recent updates have made him a bit more of a hassle to deal with.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'd be willing to say the Weald champion enemy would be the most dangerous one in the game if she ever spawned with a corpse already on the field, but she doesn't, so she isn't that bad.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Highwang posted:

New Update - Episode 52: Necromancer Lord

Chitlin and I visit an old friend for the last time, though the recent updates have made him a bit more of a hassle to deal with.

Talks about ranged attackers who can use the Ancestor's Pistol - doesn't mention Highwayman, the only gun-wielding adventurer with a slew of ranged skills. :arghfist::(

(At least if you discount the Musketeer - a cool-looking Arbalest reskin for kickstarter backers.)

Thanks for appreciating our contributions, though. :)

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Woah, woah, woah. I've had the Necromancer summon a Bone General, he's not limited to those three guys.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

Samovar posted:

Woah, woah, woah. I've had the Necromancer summon a Bone General, he's not limited to those three guys.

If that is indeed the case, that's probably the best option imo. One action gone in general.

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

Highwang posted:

One action gone in general.

I see what you did there and I'm very dissappointed in you, Highwang. :colbert:

Leylite
Nov 5, 2011
The addition of all these new "uncommon" enemies that, either functionally or thematically emulate things your party members can do, makes me wonder how it would be possible to balance an "uncommon" enemy that had an attack that could activate Riposte. Having an enemy that could outright attack multiple times a round sounds pretty dangerous, even if it had relatively low attack power.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Leylite posted:

The addition of all these new "uncommon" enemies that, either functionally or thematically emulate things your party members can do, makes me wonder how it would be possible to balance an "uncommon" enemy that had an attack that could activate Riposte. Having an enemy that could outright attack multiple times a round sounds pretty dangerous, even if it had relatively low attack power.

that would make bleed/blight/stun attacks even more useful than they already are and make the plague doctor a must-have for whatever area the monster's in.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
Sounds like something the Fanatic needs to have?

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

Seyser Koze posted:

Sounds like something the Fanatic needs to have?

The vega cultists having a cross-counter would be pretty reasonable. Right now their gimmick is just punch man, make em bleed and stress easier.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
New Update - Episode 53: The Gibbering Prophet

Getting the local occultist boys together for one last run of our favorite boss. Nothing really changes much in his champion mode form, however he's a lot more aggressive with the stunning which could cause problems.

Now watch as I flounder around for another week trying to get the next updates out. :frogc00l:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I dread the cannon.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

I got tetnus from getting shot, probably.

Comperhensive LP, including getting sick of it and playing something else.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
So I'm sitting around, playing some Armello, taking a look at some of the cards' flavour text while I wait for my turn.

Hmmmm. Call me crazy, but I think that might be a reference.

Yapping Eevee fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Mar 22, 2017

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted
Yah, I noticed that months ago, just never mentioned it here.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
New Update - Episode 54: The Wizened Hag

Its a convent of hags today as we take on the Wizened Hag and the Hateful Virago. This new champion is particularly devastating with how it can reduce your ACC with its debuff and comes with ~50 DODGE, making her a slippery target to hit. The worst bit comes from her free action which allows her to consume a corpse to get a ~35HP debuff that prevents healing entirely. Once you know what to do however, its easy to deal with her in due fashion despite the difficulty of hitting it.

Yapping Eevee posted:

So I'm sitting around, playing some Armello, taking a look at some of the cards' flavour text while I wait for my turn.

Hmmmm. Call me crazy, but I think that might be a reference.

Is that game any good? I've not seen any videos on it and it looks interesting but also a bit of a timesink. and I have way too many timesinks.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Added enemies continue to be interesting. Glad they seem to have turned out well.

Highwang posted:

Is that game any good? I've not seen any videos on it and it looks interesting but also a bit of a timesink. and I have way too many timesinks.
That depends on how cunning you can be and how much of a filthy lucker you are. :v: I'd say it was worth grabbing if you see it on sale. It's one of those games where a match takes about an hour, so it's not for people without much free time.

Edit: I need to see artwork of your Darkest Mushroom Kingdom idea.

Yapping Eevee fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Mar 25, 2017

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Yapping Eevee posted:

Edit: I need to see artwork of your Darkest Mushroom Kingdom idea.

the twisting pipes that run below these cursed walls brim with Flora and fauna, corrupted into creatures that hunger for the blood of those that dare to brave their hunting grounds.

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

"I sought to escape the fears and limitations of mortal flesh. And so I looked... to the stars" doo doo doo dah dah dah dah dah dah

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Super Mario Galaxy would be so much more terrifying.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

I guess that means that the Boos cover their faces not because they're shy but because their faces drive anyone who gazes into them mad?

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Mar 26, 2017

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Wario would be the bounty hunter.

Yoshi would be the abomination.

Luigi is the caretaker.

A boss fight would be Petey Piranha in the Weald. He swallows a character and regains health.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Donkringel posted:

Wario would be the bounty hunter.

Yoshi would be the abomination.

Luigi is the caretaker.

A boss fight would be Petey Piranha in the Weald. He swallows a character and regains health.

Shouldn't Toadsworth be the Caretaker?

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Now, Red! Seal the deal with a catchy one-liner!
Luigi is the ancestor, it was his mansion after all. :v:

E. Gadd is the caretaker.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
This idea has spiraled out way farther than I expected and I love it.

Darkest Luigi's Mansion 2 mod when?

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012
"I played all the games in that classic, award-winning series, delighted by princesses and plumbers, and yet I began to tire of conventional platforming..."

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
New Update - Episode 55: The Drowned Crew & The Horrid Shrieker

A double feature today! Let's fight the Horrid Shrieker in the LP for real this time alongside get loving busted for experimenting against the Drowned Crew. Also, we wax fancy about game development ideas and changes for Darkest Dungeon.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
Remember when Highwang said Finale was bad?

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Halser posted:

Remember when Highwang said Finale was bad?

Remember when Highwang was bad at this game. Oh wait!

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
If you kill the Shrieker, does it at least stop future Shrieker events from happening? Or is there no benefit to targeting it whatsoever?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Seyser Koze posted:

If you kill the Shrieker, does it at least stop future Shrieker events from happening? Or is there no benefit to targeting it whatsoever?

It can come back.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
Actually do you even get told or pointed towards that you should destroy the Shrieker's nest at all? Bird dodges, sure, but you can still murder it just fine.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Hmm. It's doubly weird as the quest goal is Kill The Horrid Shrieker. Which feels uncomfortably like the game lying.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

Dinictus posted:

Actually do you even get told or pointed towards that you should destroy the Shrieker's nest at all? Bird dodges, sure, but you can still murder it just fine.

Tylana posted:

Hmm. It's doubly weird as the quest goal is Kill The Horrid Shrieker. Which feels uncomfortably like the game lying.

All you need to do technically is survive the fight. They don't tell you this at all though, and they don't tell you about the nest holding Puzzling Trapeozehedrons. The only reason you'd kill the bird is because you don't want to take 50+ stress damage to everyone, but then most likely you would be fore-fitting the cash prize and you don't get a Shrieker Part out of it, which is the worst crime imo.

The fight is insanely deceptive, and I really don't like that aspect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

It's 50 stress at the end of the fight. So it doesn't really matter. you can just put them in a building and de-stress them.

• Locked thread