Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Former Human posted:

Sour Shoes Prank Calls Adam Carolla As Artie Lange

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l-G5hjNqlY

He's said "noine" at least 2 times in the first 7 min :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
The sidebar pic in the Stern subreddit is Booey sleeping, mouth agape, and it just cracks me up. What a monumental fuckup that was by Gary but then again 90% of the poo poo he gets on the show is because he fucks up.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Crotch Bat posted:

The sidebar pic in the Stern subreddit is Booey sleeping, mouth agape, and it just cracks me up. What a monumental fuckup that was by Gary but then again 90% of the poo poo he gets on the show is because he fucks up.

Orange juice, boff.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Howard has seemed to imply that they actually did try to bring Sour on staff before but he is too crazy to contain. He definitely still does pre-planned bits with them, so I assume they are at least paying him a little something on those occasions.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Former Human posted:

Sour Shoes Prank Calls Adam Carolla As Artie Lange

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l-G5hjNqlY

This was aaaaalmost too accurate to be funny, but it was loving hilarious.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I thought I recall hearing that Sour's dad didn't want him earning too much/working too many hours as a paid employee because it would have made his upkeep unaffordable for them (losing the SSI benefits he gets.)

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

prefect posted:

Orange juice, boff.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

Ether Frenzy posted:

I thought I recall hearing that Sour's dad didn't want him earning too much/working too many hours as a paid employee because it would have made his upkeep unaffordable for them (losing the SSI benefits he gets.)

It's largely due to the fact that Sour was unreliable. They tried doing stuff with him during the final days of K-Rock, but he had a tendency to flake out at the last minute.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I love the Howard-with-pistol so much. :swoon:

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Does anybody believe howard actually had a gun in his mouth on a few occasions, as he claimed during his fight with artie?

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
I don't believe him, it kinda sounds like something he'd say to sound relevant in a conversation about pain and misery where another guy clearly has a worse life than he does. When Howard's whole thing is sounding miserable and neurotic it would only make sense for him to complain about who is the most miserable.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Howard is way too much of a coward for suicide. That also shouldn't be taken negatively.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Odddzy posted:

I don't believe him, it kinda sounds like something he'd say to sound relevant in a conversation about pain and misery where another guy clearly has a worse life than he does. When Howard's whole thing is sounding miserable and neurotic it would only make sense for him to complain about who is the most miserable.

I agree with this 100%.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

My all-time favorite was Fred's painting of Gary, which was published in one of his books. Always cracks me up.

EDIT:
It's just so... deliberately mean. Fred at his best when he is channeling his older brother.

Squashy Nipples fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Mar 26, 2017

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Ether Frenzy posted:

I dont remember any of that with Sour. His dad is actually a pretty well respected guy in the NY Government. He probably makes a good living.
I do remember ETM saying that about his parents however.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I thought sour shoes' powers came from being struck by lightening

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Sour Shoes is a national treasure.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Holy crap, his impression is perfect. I just started it but if you hadn't told me I would never have known.

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
Stumbled on a good random talk clip from the beginning of Sirius that I don't remember. The gang rips on Sal and Richard for their repetitive bits and then a discussion of whether Ralph is a good caller featuring a clip of Jan Hein screaming obscenities at Ralph on the WUP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uw8yg4G6Hc

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

They're totally right about those bits being repetitive, but they're all still really funny.

Artie goofing on anyone else for being repetitive is the epitome of hypocrisy though.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

cumshitter posted:

Holy crap, his impression is perfect. I just started it but if you hadn't told me I would never have known.

Whats amazing is that its not even his best impression.

But like Howard said sometime, what can you do with a Gary, Artie...and in my opinion his best impression, Scott Ferrell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBAQm7Vgarw&t=187s

If you dont know his voice go listen to his actual voice first...

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

But like Howard said sometime, what can you do with a Gary, Artie...and in my opinion his best impression, Scott Ferrell

Yeah, I mean, his Artie is 99% (which is worlds beyond what anyone else could probably do), there are things here and there, but yeah, being able to do ALL of those to 99%, especially Ferrell at 100%, is just incredible.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

His Gary has improved significantly since this clip, too.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Caper posted:

Lol I just listened to that one yesterday. I love all the stuff about Anna Nicole Smith although it's kind of morbid

It's a small listening world. Definitely enjoyed the Anna Nicole/Howard K Stern parts of this period of the show, now I'm going to check out that pack of '94 shows to listen to the OJ saga.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Unfortunately Howard blew right over it, but in Sour's last call he totally snuck in a perfect "Bailey the Bedbug" impression. Too bad he's nuts, because he is freaking hilarious.

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

Seaside Loafer posted:

Had some free space on my google drive so put the oldest of my collection up there. 1994 but im missing Jan and Feb it looks like. Its a great year, OJ murders 2 people, the Gary puppet and Jackie puppet are invented, billy west is on the team. Hopefully this will work better than when I put 2001 up on filezilla and it marked things as copyrighted. There is also an incredible amount of raciest, sexist and homophobic humor which Howard wouldn't touch with a bargepole these days, case in point : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fWESSV_7cc

Thanks to whoever originally taped them off the radio (cant remember his name)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6F45hiuqkbMWndEUXRxX3ExQ1U

Put most of 1995 up as well (link below) . Ran out of space when got to 19th of November. 1995 is a great year, more OJ, loads of Billy West, Robin releases her book :)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6F45hiuqkbMRnk5NzQyazloeDA?usp=sharing

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Seaside Loafer posted:

Put most of 1995 up as well (link below) . Ran out of space when got to 19th of November. 1995 is a great year, more OJ, loads of Billy West, Robin releases her book :)

Thank you!

I've only listened to the first episode of the 1994 pack, and drat, what a time capsule. Stern was ranting about the FCC (classic, great stuff), and then when right into a rant about the "crime in the black and hispanic communities". It occurred to me that his rant sounded a LOT like Trump talking about the "carnage in our inner cities". Trump's worldview got stuck in 1994.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Adding more Bubba shows today..
So go download Feb and March 2006 before I delete them.

April and May will be going up this morning...
Its such a pain in the rear end to get these right now because in true jobber fashion each day of the week is broken down into usually 4 segments so its about 25 files per week...Here's the deal, its an awful website.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Adding more Bubba shows today..
So go download Feb and March 2006 before I delete them.

April and May will be going up this morning...
Its such a pain in the rear end to get these right now because in true jobber fashion each day of the week is broken down into usually 4 segments so its about 25 files per week...Here's the deal, its an awful website.

Thanks Lance!

I have Jan and Feb but must have missed the link to March.

Also when does SpiceBoy eventually show up? I forgot that he wasn't around when they first launched.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."

Seaside Loafer posted:

Billy's last show is in the beginning of Nov also in Nov Howard releases his second book and you get Crackhead bobs first appearance by phone at a book signing then later in then studio and you hear the first time he says I am sorry and then the next few days Fred starts playing that drop. I have listened to almost all of 95 and I'm at the end of of nov and the shows are amazing. Especially when people start asking wheres billy and you can hear Howard getting frustrated and not wanting to talk about it.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bonzo posted:

Thanks Lance!

I have Jan and Feb but must have missed the link to March.

Also when does SpiceBoy eventually show up? I forgot that he wasn't around when they first launched.

Here is the March Link
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5snvD-9mVh_cmVGVnlFdzl6UjA/view?usp=sharing

April Just went up
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5snvD-9mVh_TU5SeWV1Q0JFRTg/view?usp=sharing

I think Spice shows up in May.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

jase1 posted:

Especially when people start asking wheres billy and you can hear Howard getting frustrated and not wanting to talk about it.

Someone just posted this on reddit today, but here's the way the evolved Howard handled a caller asking for an update on Artie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca1X3FBEp6E

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
11-17-95 is when Crackhead Bob plays the dating game.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Seaside Loafer posted:

You are a good poster. Thanks for this!

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Man Robin's book was a hilarious time in the show. Thank you so much for letting me relive it

e: her walking out of the studio over being late to a book signing is one of my favorite segments. Jackie is relentless

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

I say again if any of you guys just has the cloud/hosting space ive got practically every show from 1994-to until Sirius just sitting here on a hardrive, all could be done legally. Just give me a PM with the details or skype me on pauldevbrighton.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I just found a directory on my NAS that has a ton of old Stern show stuff and I have no idea where I got them. Maybe it was an old goon site? Some WNNNNNNNNNNBC stuff, 1st day at KROC, Madonna's "sister", stuff like that. There's also some lots of KC like his lie detector test and trivia contest with an 11 year old.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

Seaside Loafer posted:

I say again if any of you guys just has the cloud/hosting space ive got practically every show from 1994-to until Sirius just sitting here on a hardrive, all could be done legally. Just give me a PM with the details or skype me on pauldevbrighton.

If you have an Amazon account, you can create an Amazon AWS account and just upload them to S3. Several gigabytes is probably a trivial cost.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Speaking of all this old stuff, I was talking to someone in their 20s at work, and she knew next to nothing about the show. We got on topic because we were talking about Trump being on the show, and she commented that she's never really heard the show live - it occurred to me that they've been off regular radio for over ten years! There's a whole generation that's never heard Howard Stern live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Bonzo posted:

I just found a directory on my NAS that has a ton of old Stern show stuff and I have no idea where I got them. Maybe it was an old goon site? Some WNNNNNNNNNNBC stuff, 1st day at KROC, Madonna's "sister", stuff like that. There's also some lots of KC like his lie detector test and trivia contest with an 11 year old.

I have the same or a similar collection of clips on my NAS. I think there were a few archival packs posted here before.