Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

I was thinking about trying for the platinum trophy in Ys Origin because they didn't seem too bad as long as I could beat it on Nightmare with one character. Then I looked at the requirements for getting all the shop items and eh, nah I'm good.

lol yeah the bonus mode stuff is truly insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Speaking of: forever gently caress that Desert Plant boss. I just did it again (first time with Hugo) and I will always have a rough time with that fight, even on normal.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Can't wait for the reviews to read "mixed" because of everyone that's mad that the game no longer has the racist voice actor

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Can we talk about that Trouser Snake just hanging out there in the box art?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Macaluso posted:

Can't wait for the reviews to read "mixed" because of everyone that's mad that the game no longer has the racist voice actor
It probably is already at a disadvantage because it's by the Banjo Kazooie people so it won't be very good anyway

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I am not looking forward to Yooka-Laylee, but Snake Pass

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Quest For Glory II posted:

it's by the Banjo Kazooie people

Yeah I'm gonna love every second of it, up to and including people that buy it not expecting literally BK/BT.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I'm guessing the "politics", etc. tags are because of the JonTron thing?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
banjo-tooie sucks but please do not call kazooie a bad game

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The Colonel posted:

banjo-tooie sucks but please do not call kazooie a bad game
I wouldn't say Tooie sucks but it is a step down from Kazooie in a lot of ways.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Do they clean it up regularly or is that a joke image? Steam storefront already has it looking like this for me.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Raxivace posted:

I wouldn't say Tooie sucks but it is a step down from Kazooie in a lot of ways.

tooie is ridiculously impressive on a technical scale, it's probably one of the nicest looking games on the n64, it has a lot of fun moments, but goddamn is its world design dull to navigate, and it really loves substituting gameplay challenges for tedious busywork that's designed purely to take up more of your time

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Mar 27, 2017

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTwGhIvEmdw

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Macaluso posted:

A kickstarter platformer riding on a wave of nostalgia exclusively is probably going to be mixed at best anyways.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I don't like how you can't get back into Bottles' house at the end of the game.

Let me back in god dammit.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I said come in! posted:

A kickstarter platformer riding on a wave of nostalgia exclusively is probably going to be mixed at best anyways.

Not every kickstarter project is Mighty Number 9.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Oh god yes.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I said come in! posted:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

After finishing Nier:A i don't know what to do with myself. I've loaded up and almost immediately turned off: HZD, Witcher 3, Last Guardian, and FFXIV because my heart's just not in it right now. It's the sort of feeling i occasionally get from finishing an exceptional book or film, i'm not sure it's ever happened from a game before.

I'm sure i'll get on those games soon, but not today. Not today.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Don't tease me with the possibility of good political simulators on steam

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

a kitten posted:

After finishing Nier:A i don't know what to do with myself. I've loaded up and almost immediately turned off: HZD, Witcher 3, Last Guardian, and FFXIV because my heart's just not in it right now. It's the sort of feeling i occasionally get from finishing an exceptional book or film, i'm not sure it's ever happened from a game before.

play something arcadey for a while.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
So in a World War II political simulator, who do you even play as? Churchill? Hirohito?

... camacho?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The White Dragon posted:

So in a World War II political simulator, who do you even play as? Churchill? Hirohito?

... camacho?

Any of them in Hearts of Iron IV

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

In Training posted:

Speaking of: forever gently caress that Desert Plant boss. I just did it again (first time with Hugo) and I will always have a rough time with that fight, even on normal.

He's the hardest boss in the game IMO, might be one of the hardest in that trio of games even. Yunica crushes it pretty easily by comparison though, entirely due to her Fire Sword being dumb as gently caress.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Doom was a neat change of pace after the two big open world games I played this month (Zelda/FFXV) The ending was kind of unsatisfying but I guess I wasn't really all that interested in the plot to begin with. Is there a sequel/DLC coming or what

Now I guess I either buy Nier or wait for Persona 5

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

a kitten posted:

I went and watched a really really upbeat and cheerful anime. After that game you really just need a total change of pace.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

Doom was a neat change of pace after the two big open world games I played this month (Zelda/FFXV) The ending was kind of unsatisfying but I guess I wasn't really all that interested in the plot to begin with. Is there a sequel/DLC coming or what

Now I guess I either buy Nier or wait for Persona 5

There is no single player DLC unfortunately, but a sequel is basically assured.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

This game took a turn.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

This game took a turn.

Now wait just a minute here,

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Regy Rusty posted:

I went and watched a really really upbeat and cheerful anime. After that game you really just need a total change of pace.

There's an idea. Kyousougiga it is.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Lol, what is this?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Wamdoodle posted:

Lol, what is this?

Metroid: Rogue Dawn. A really impressive rom hack of the NES Metroid. Apparently the devs like their goofy secrets.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

bloodychill posted:

Do they clean it up regularly or is that a joke image? Steam storefront already has it looking like this for me.

people flagged the tags and had 'em removed which is good

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

That kid is ready to gently caress some poo poo up.

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

The Colonel posted:

tooie is ridiculously impressive on a technical scale, it's probably one of the nicest looking games on the n64, it has a lot of fun moments, but goddamn is its world design dull to navigate, and it really loves substituting gameplay challenges for tedious busywork that's designed purely to take up more of your time

rare.txt

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i feel like rare's games are the perfect argument against mario having an open world

e: apparently DQ11's combat is like FF12 with free movement. weird

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Mar 27, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I beat botw. Kinda hope the next zelda has real dungeons and good boss fights to go with the open world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Quest For Glory II posted:

e: apparently DQ11's combat is like FF12 with free movement. weird

ff12 had free movement, unless you mean it in some other way

• Locked thread