Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

it'll be like one of those postmortems of ancient roman society only with much more inbreeding

humanity is already inbred as gently caress, it only takes a couple sisterfuckers to reveal it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
does the speaker of the house have to be a us citizen?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Nonsense posted:

donald trump wants us soldiers to enter into a conflict where the saudi's are willing to fire cluster bombs at refugee boats. how many more boats does trump want sunk

No warhawk no warhawk you're the warhawk

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Im watching the assassins creed movie, its real bad yall

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://twitter.com/HDDoesGaming/status/845845042430443521

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Admiral Ray posted:

humanity is already inbred as gently caress, it only takes a couple sisterfuckers to reveal it.
well, tens of millions judging by the voting population of this country

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

apatheticman posted:

Im watching the assassins creed movie, its real bad yall

HBO just added the new Independence Day. I know it's gonna blow but I feel a sense of obligation

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
[the clock ticking over shot from Groundhog Day when he wakes up every morning but every day it's me waking up and instead of numbers the clock ticks over to the morning's Tweet from President Dobald J Tromt of the United States of America and I leap out of bed literally insane with glee that the fat old piss bitch still has his phone]

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Robert Plant posted:

More I think about it, a shyster of Trump's variety specifically could've been crazy dangerous if he had held the office when he was younger, sharper and more plugged in.

Ahahahaha

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
[The clock - tweeter is still a radio for some reason so I've Got You Babe is still part of the scene]

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Robert Plant posted:

HBO just added the new Independence Day. I know it's gonna blow but I feel a sense of obligation

Oh gently caress, just don't.

It's literally the shittiest piece of highly polished poo poo I've ever seen.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
https://twitter.com/ddiamond/status/846188907272306693

Following up on what I just said about "every president tries to do this, Trump will just do it worse"

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

apatheticman posted:

Oh gently caress, just don't.

It's literally the shittiest piece of highly polished poo poo I've ever seen.

[the trump children of the corn family portrait]

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Trump's immigration crackdown is hurting US farms with its unintended consequences

quote:

In New York state, 1,080 farms are at risk of shrinking significantly or failing because of enhanced immigration enforcement in the state.

Intensified enforcement has also exacerbated a labor shortage already plaguing the industry in the state.

"If we don't have the ability to have workers on our farms, farms can't survive," Farm Bureau spokesman Steve Ammerman told Crain's.

Farmers are "having such a difficult time" finding workers, he said, "because people are scared, they're nervous to be out in the open seeking employment."

"If we were to engage in massive deportations, our agricultural system would collapse," said Bruce Goldstein, president of the nonprofit Farmworker Justice, which works to improve living and working conditions on farms.

lol ICE is gonna collapse US agriculture.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

zen death robot posted:

Seriously is anyone in Canada willing to go on suicide watch for Baloogan when the impeachment proceedings begin?
Is it suicide if an alcohol overdose is accidental?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

its already happening and all the agri business around these parts is freaking the gently caress out

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
there should just be a sitcom where jared kushner keeps getting pushed by trump into increasingly absurd and humiliating situations that are way out of his depth

"okay jared, so i just want you to go to israel and negotiate peace in the middle east. it should be a cinch!"
"b-b-but mr. president"
"shut the gently caress up jared"

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Do the farms pay a living wage?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

ThndrShk2k posted:

lol

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

ThndrShk2k posted:

A lot of farm hand positions start at $12-13 hour w/ guaranteed overtime because they're 48-52 hour a week positions.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

That's.. also if you're a citizen :shrug:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ThndrShk2k posted:

lmao

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

wait a minute, terrorizing entire ethnic groups across a country is bad for business?

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

ThndrShk2k posted:

they would pay a lot better if we had robust protections for workers regardless of their immigration status

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
farms pay a living wage as long as you have a management level position in one of the like 5 big businesses that own all the farms probably

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

do you think this country wasn't built on coerced labor

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

this is one of those things everybody in the south knew was going to happen, especially the farm owners themselves, and they still loving voted for trump

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
theres a reason why americans wont take those jobs

they dont want to pay a reasonable wage and they are insanely loving hard and the hours are long

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Philip Rivers posted:

Only in Trump's words!! I personally like you as well as everyone else in this dumb gay thread, because I am dumb and extremely gay too so I fit right in :glomp:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

"unintended"?

where the gently caress did these ding dongs think undocumented immigrants worked

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kaleedity posted:

do you think this country wasn't built on coerced labor

on the seventh day, god rested, and on the eight day white republican jesus built 1950s leave it to beaver america out of wholesome family values and strong father figures

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

eonwe posted:

theres a reason why americans wont take those jobs

they dont want to pay a reasonable wage and they are insanely loving hard and the hours are long

let them fail if they cant afford to pay good wages

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

OhFunny posted:

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/846149052525957121

Meanwhile in the latest news from our Forever War in the Middle East.

why the gently caress are we even getting involved their even more. like i can at least understand raids on AQ and poo poo but why are openly helping SA in their dumb proxy war with iran.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Duscat posted:

this is one of those things everybody in the south knew was going to happen, especially the farm owners themselves, and they still loving voted for trump

shouts to alabama farmers who literally went through this exact thing a couple years ago and were like "hell yeah trump"

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Trump hates the Saudis so much that he's going to send American troops to die for them lmao

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
:siren:

https://twitter.com/axios/status/846180978645221377

Probably really hiding to evade arrest for when his illegal trump tower taps are exposed

Or at his secret deep state island base

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
speaking of ICE:
https://twitter.com/KOINNews/status/846161232256102400
no warrant? just refuse to leave and keep screaming and hammering on the door until someone eventually opens up. ICE always get their man! or child, or whatever!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Back when Alabama passed that SB1070 style legislation, the farmers all lost their poo poo and a whole lot of stories got written about the huge problem the GOP created by kicking out all the hispanics.

The farmers were saying they were offer at least $10/hr, but they couldn't find anyone willing to take the jobs and the people that did show up never came back after the first day (once they realized it was such hard work).

• Locked thread