Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Badger of Basra posted:

why are people without college degrees more in favor of tax cuts for the rich

they're either

a) temporarily embarassed millionaires
b) idiots that fully believe in trickle-down economics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
house of cucks

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,

Duscat posted:

six figures for a lifetime actually makes you rich as gently caress
it lets you retire comfortably and own a home / have no debt in many parts of the country if you're not a financial moron but it's hardly "rich" material

if you think earning $100k makes you rich then you really need some perspective on how income and wealth are distributed in the united states

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
I paused assassins creed for a bit.,

Started it back up and Brennan Gleason is in this movie.

Calvary is a great movie.

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Solarin posted:

god drat what a mess. Imagine this clown car dealing with a real life or death crisis. we're hosed

and consider that this is a situation where the US executive branch having been taken over by russian plants is not yet real life or death crisis

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

do you have some experience in an occupation on this list?

http://www.immigration.ca/fast-track-high-demand-occupations/

do you have a degree? do you speak english or french? are you married to somebody who speaks english or french?

if you answered yes to some of these questions, then you could get permanent residency for like $1000 of test/admin fees. if not then you could overstay a visa i guess

"#36.0631 Restaurant and food service managers"

It seems like it's easy as hell to move to Canada

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

it lets you retire comfortably and own a home / have no debt in many parts of the country if you're not a financial moron but it's hardly "rich" material

if you think earning $100k makes you rich then you really need some perspective on how income and wealth are distributed in the united states

if you think earning $100k a year doesn't make you rich, YOU need some goddamn loving perspective, jesus christ

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Solarin posted:

god drat what a mess. Imagine this clown car dealing with a real life or death crisis. we're hosed

I await eagerly!

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

change my name posted:

there's a preliminary scoring system on the website, you can just fill out your info and it will tell you whether you qualify

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

quadrophrenic posted:

hey is our president still a useless fat piece of poo poo?

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Business Gorillas posted:

they're either

a) temporarily embarassed millionaires
b) idiots that fully believe in trickle-down economics

is it really surprising that people who have only been taught the high school version of econ and history fall for this poo poo? there are fully trained economists who truly believe in it after all

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Solarin posted:

:yeah:

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

it pretty much makes you rich as gently caress in the parts of the country that arnt gentrified cities IE most of it

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
imagine when someone puts the toilet paper on the wrong way

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

change my name posted:

dont come to canada it's cold and the pm keeps cucking me

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Duscat posted:

if you think earning $100k a year doesn't make you rich, YOU need some goddamn loving perspective, jesus christ

100K a year makes you rich globally, pretty rich in the US, but still not nearly rich enough to not be badly hosed by capitalism.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Baloogan posted:

what alloys / materials would u recommend?

purestrain gold

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

murked by dragon posted:

whoah Trump posts in this thread?

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Agean90 posted:

it pretty much makes you rich as gently caress in the parts of the country that arnt gentrified cities IE most of it

oh is that so, so the minimum wage in those parts of the country is $48 dollars an hour?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Just wait for the next batch of navy dudes to go suck and gently caress by the Iran border. Trump gonna get us all killed

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

logikv9 posted:

house of cucks

There's two kinds of cucks in this world. There's the good kind of cuck, the kind that makes you stronger, and the useless kind *snaps jared kushners neck*

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
no cuck no cuck you're the cuck

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
donald Trump, gently caress(s)(ed) he own Daughtre

Stephen K. Bannon
Mar 8, 2017

by Smythe

Consummate Professional posted:

Just wait for the next batch of navy dudes to go suck and gently caress by the Iran border. Trump gonna get us all killed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdb_3H-28dE

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

murked by dragon posted:

cuckmaster general

And nah I could probably move to canada if I wanted, but I like nyc too much, plus I'm not a fan of running from your problems

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

lol

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

people who make more than me are rich
people who make less than me are poor

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

do you have some experience in an occupation on this list?

http://www.immigration.ca/fast-track-high-demand-occupations/

do you have a degree? do you speak english or french? are you married to somebody who speaks english or french?

if you answered yes to some of these questions, then you could get permanent residency for like $1000 of test/admin fees. if not then you could overstay a visa i guess

Just walk in through the forest. It isn't like the cancucks have a wall.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

goblin wealth

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Duscat posted:

oh is that so, so the minimum wage in those parts of the country is $48 dollars an hour?

??? not even sure what your talking about if your talking about gentrefied city areas its not really a secret that living in san francisco or whatever will cost you a poo poo ton. if you asking about not gentrified city areas/rural areas LOL if you cant live large on six figs

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

Duscat posted:

rich is a word with many meanings, yeah of course $100k is good money for most people, it's nowhere near the franchise for the US though

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Running a restaurant, at least as a salaried manager, has a lot of skills that transfer well to jobs that aren't horrifically lovely and bad

Take it from me!

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

comingafteryouall posted:

is it really surprising that people who have only been taught the high school version of econ and history fall for this poo poo? there are fully trained economists who truly believe in it after all

the trickle down thing doesn't really pass muster under high school econ, a cursory analysis of our current situation wrt supply/demand and other basic concepts of that level actually emphasizes the need for demand-side federal spending & regulation, i.e. minimum wage, social safety net

mainstream economics is an edifice of total nonsense that obscures those kinds of basic principles and will be remembered in the same breath as alchemy and phrenology in time. only a minority of current economists design models that are even slightly realistic or scientifically rigorous.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I'm a costal elite liberal

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Solarin posted:

we've got the debt limit later this year :getin:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

logikv9 posted:

same

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief
red state conservative here!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Even in San Fran you can live in some 3k a month apartment that probably has a bunch of mold and rats the whole year and still be spending less on rent as a portion of your income than someone making 1/3 that but living somewhere cheaper

100k only doesn't make you rich in the sense that "rich" means nothing. It definitely makes your life comfy unless you're a total trainwreck when it comes to spending, and The American Dream (tm) is well within your grasp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

logikv9 posted:

the coasts are gods country and the backbone of America

• Locked thread