Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

parallelodad posted:

For most people including myself it probably is. It seems like a very niche game.

^^^^from my understanding this is not supposed to be a turn based RPG at all and is more like a tower defense with roguelike elements?

Well, either way, when a game is arbitrarily hard, it's bad regardless of game type.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Local Wal-mart just called, they got all of one switch in. At least now my friend gets it lol

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Playing the golf game next to a thermacell on my balcony, life is good. Switch value rapidly gaining

RME
Feb 20, 2012

since all i've heard is that USB Type-C is actually the most dangerous and inscrutable technology ever made, what's a good place to look for good C-C cables + Wall adapter
ideally longer than the included AC Adapter's length

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Really it's just A-C cables you gotta watch out for.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

RME posted:

since all i've heard is that USB Type-C is actually the most dangerous and inscrutable technology ever made, what's a good place to look for good C-C cables + Wall adapter
ideally longer than the included AC Adapter's length

This spreadsheet has info on a bunch of USB-C chargers and cables:

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&sour...vbcOZEKniCnSSBg

Deltron 3030
Jul 23, 2006

I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina, and walked right on out of here!

Tender Bender posted:

Treasure Trove is the only way to get the base campaign on Switch. The cheaper version is just the standalone second dlc, presumably for people who own the game on other platforms and don't want to rebuy it.

I read that eventually the new campaigns will be available for free on other platforms if you already have the original Shovel Knight. Not sure when, too lazy to look it up again.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

parallelodad posted:

Pretty sure it's 100% the C-C stuff, A-C is easy cause it is all 5V .5 to 2.4A. C-C can do pretty much whatever it wants and that's when the stupid poo poo happens.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Deltron 3030 posted:

I read that eventually the new campaigns will be available for free on other platforms if you already have the original Shovel Knight. Not sure when, too lazy to look it up again.

April. Specter Knight campaign is Switch exclusive for about a month and then the big update hits Wii U, 3DS, PC, Xbox, and PlayStation.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

XyrlocShammypants posted:

What they are saying is basically a death sentence for turn based RPGs, that the game is arbitrarily hard because it randomly generates scenarios that don't allow for player choice to overcome the obstacles. Also the story is garbage (there really isnt any story).

Isn't it a rogue like?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I played some golf on the back patio earlier, then like a chump bitch i placed it in the dock to just sit there and lose value until tomorrow when i play some more golf before work.

You should have sold it and then bought a new one tomorrow when you were ready to play again...

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

parallelodad posted:

I don't want to rehash poo poo that may have been one het for folks but can you link me to this? Should I not get an A-C cable for an existing charger and instead buy a charger with a native C port?

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

jivjov posted:

April. Specter Knight campaign is Switch exclusive for about a month and then the big update hits Wii U, 3DS, PC, Xbox, and PlayStation.

I never played shovel knight before the switch so it's neat to know the nintendo switch version is the favored child.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
For all of the talk about USB-c being basically a powder keg ready to explode at any moment, I haven't heard a single story of anyone's Switch going up in flames.

I mean, just don't buy cheap cables and you'll be fine.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Living the dream boys and girls.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The dream of photoshopping your hand into a picture?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Cojawfee posted:

no

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

LethalGeek posted:

Pretty sure it's 100% the C-C stuff, A-C is easy cause it is all 5V .5 to 2.4A. C-C can do pretty much whatever it wants and that's when the stupid poo poo happens.

Most of the bad cables I've heard of are A-C. For a while a lot of the A-C cables were using a USB C resistor on the A end, causing the charger to put out more power than the cable is designed for. I don't know if that's still common though.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cojawfee posted:

I assumed the dream was about the other hand

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

C-SPAN Caller posted:

I never played shovel knight before the switch so it's neat to know the nintendo switch version is the favored child.

Yea, Yacht Club Games loves Nintendo. I don't know exactly their relationship, but Shovel Knight was originally a Wii U & 3DS "exclusive" (it was on PC, too) and got ported to infinity based on its initial success.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

You're supposed to be on a rooftop.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Congrats you found a store with a Switch in stock and are gloating over your purchase over those salty wenches who couldn't get one!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

enojy posted:

Yea, Yacht Club Games loves Nintendo. I don't know exactly their relationship, but Shovel Knight was originally a Wii U & 3DS "exclusive" (it was on PC, too) and got ported to infinity based on its initial success.

I still think the Xbox 1 version is the best due to the Battletoads stuff.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Loopoo mentions putting the money from his Switch toward something else until it's time to buy another one, so I think I know his type and have known several people like this in real life. They view any money they have as "wasted because it's just sitting around", as if life is some sort of real-time strategy game. On payday, they budget for rent, groceries, etc. then get on Amazon and spend a few hours shopping so they can blow the exact amount of whatever is left on their paycheck. Then the same logic of something "going to waste" get applied to all of the poo poo they own too, so it turns into a nonstop, futile cycle of selling and buying everything in the hope that they can achieve the ideal allocation of assets for that particular second of their lives.

$700 in savings... better buy a Switch and a bunch of slow cookers so I can sell them over the next 17 months to buy toilet paper so it doesn't go to waste!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Loopoo mentions putting the money from his Switch toward something else until it's time to buy another one, so I think I know his type and have known several people like this in real life. They view any money they have as "wasted because it's just sitting around", as if life is some sort of real-time strategy game. On payday, they budget for rent, groceries, etc. then get on Amazon and spend a few hours shopping so they can blow the exact amount of whatever is left on their paycheck. Then the same logic of something "going to waste" get applied to all of the poo poo they own too, so it turns into a nonstop, futile cycle of selling and buying everything in the hope that they can achieve the ideal allocation of assets for that particular second of their lives.

$700 in savings... better buy a Switch and a bunch of slow cookers so I can sell them over the next 17 months to buy toilet paper so it doesn't go to waste!

Okay you're making it weird.

TerraGoetia
Feb 21, 2011

A cup of spiders.
This just in: goons make decisions other goons disagree with; battles rage across Goontopia.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Don't act your circle of friends doesn't have "that slow cooker guy" who always has 8-12 really nice slow cookers but every time you go over to his house they are completely different models.

If you ever get stuck in line at the checkout behind somebody who has a cart filled with seemingly random junk and once they are up there they start picking out items to put back until their total matches a specific amount of money they have with them, this is what they are doing.

TerraGoetia
Feb 21, 2011

A cup of spiders.

Don't act your circle of friends doesn't have "that slow cooker guy" who always has 8-12 really nice slow cookers but every time you go over to his house they are completely different models.

I had a friend who would use their store discount to buy things and then sell them online for somewhere between their discount and store price.
This was of course against company policy and they would have been fired if anyone found out.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I beat zelda. Very good but im dissappointed by the small/weak amount of traditional zelda content. Hope they make a second game with real dungeons and bosses you cant just damage race by huggin they dick and mashing attack. Also with a new voice actress for zelda.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Real hurthling! posted:

I beat zelda. Very good but im dissappointed by the small/weak amount of traditional zelda content. Hope they make a second game with real dungeons and bosses you cant just damage race by huggin they dick and mashing attack. Also with a new voice actress for zelda.

Or go back to the good old days of no voice acting :colbert:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i think the zora dude is voiced by joseph jostar (please don't correct me i need this) so no voice acting would be bad and more would be good

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Good news is the 'portable' team maaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy be working on a new take on the traditional 2D top-down Zelda

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/02/eiji_aonuma_wants_an_evolved_2d_style_from_his_legend_of_zelda_handheld_dev_team

BotW is easily one my fav games of all time, but there is always room for a more traditional 8 dungeon style Zelda.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Infinitum posted:

Good news is the 'portable' team maaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy be working on a new take on the traditional 2D top-down Zelda

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/02/eiji_aonuma_wants_an_evolved_2d_style_from_his_legend_of_zelda_handheld_dev_team

BotW is easily one my fav games of all time, but there is always room for a more traditional 8 dungeon style Zelda.

Hope it more Link Between Worlds and less Triforce Heroes.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011

:yikes:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I got the AmFilm tempered glass screen protector for my Switch. After running a hot shower to clear the dust, it went on perfect first try. It makes the system feel more complete for sure and I'm more confident docking it.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I just put my plastic cover on by using tape to clean the screen and protector under a heavy light to see any issues, now my screen is fine.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing a 4 Swords/Triforce Heroes style multiplayer Zelda on Breath of the Wild's engine.

It could be like Monster Hunter but, you know, good.:smug:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

SeANMcBAY posted:

It could be like Monster Hunter but, you know, good.:smug:

eat turds, monhun is perfect :goonsay:

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Watched some Smash 4 tourney thing and well, it makes me beg and plead for mercy that it gets moved right over to the Switch. Combine both the WiiU and 3DS versions and make it happen Mr. Nintendo.

Matter of fact, release some Smash special edition Switch and I'll buy this drat thing again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Watched some Smash 4 tourney thing and well, it makes me beg and plead for mercy that it gets moved right over to the Switch. Combine both the WiiU and 3DS versions and make it happen Mr. Nintendo.

Matter of fact, release some Smash special edition Switch and I'll buy this drat thing again.

http://nintendoeverything.com/reggie-on-being-a-nintendo-fan-gaming-industrys-unpredictable-nature-reaction-to-switch-more/

quote:

“E3 is always a big time for Nintendo. We look at each E3 as a unique opportunity to tell our story. And we’re gonna have a big E3 this year. We’re going to be showcasing a variety of games. We will have experiences for… consumers will be able to attend the show for the very first time. So I’m not gonna tell you all of the various games and all of our little secrets for E3, but I can tell you that E3 is going to be a major opportunity for us to showcase not only Nintendo Switch, but also content coming to Nintendo 3DS.”

Get
Hype

• Locked thread