Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Bonk posted:

I'm finding old MBMBaM episodes interesting for how oddly prescient they are sometimes. They make Totino's jokes a few times in 2011/early 2012 well before they got the sponsorship, and there are several joking or dismissive references to doing a D&D episode someday. Once Griffin starts dating Rachel he also mentions The Bachelor all the time.

I started with their first Max Fun episode, (almost to episode 100 now!) and it's pretty funny to hear them give shoutouts to "Babylonian".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I think Nick was also a Giant Bomb intern for a bit, notable for not having seen Ghostbusters during a TNT and getting kicked off the couch.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Bogart posted:

I think Nick was also a Giant Bomb intern for a bit, notable for not having seen Ghostbusters during a TNT and getting kicked off the couch.

Yeah, he used to post in the GB thread all the time.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Vargs posted:

Yeah, he used to post in the GB thread all the time.

that poor man

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Bogart posted:

they were right to do that

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oddvVeaka98

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

I was going through the thread after catching up to TAZ and found this extremely prescient post from over two weeks ago

atomicthumbs posted:

no, that would be Taako's missing sister, Chalupa

Taako Taaco and the Luigi to his Mario, Chalupa "Lup" Taaco

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/TheTribunalChat/status/846107284472246272

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I dearly want pictures of Travis's, Clint's, and Justin's faces while Griffin read Lucretia's final monologue. I remember the slow claps the last time Griffin tied a loose end back into the show, and I bet there were loud cries of astonishment.

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

Also it might be that whenever the Umbra Staff did something cool in combat (i.e., the final battle against Sloane/the Gaia Sash*, end of Wonderland), a competent woman was still saving Tres Horny Boys' butts

*edit: that was Hurley coming in at the very end though whoops, point still stands

standard owl fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Mar 27, 2017

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm kinda shocked that the Umbra Staff isn't a secret grand relic.

ATP5G1
Jun 22, 2005
Fun Shoe
Haven't we known the Umbra Staff was a lich or some sort of transformed magic user from the beginning? I've always assumed it was the soul/essence/whatever of whomever used to wear the red robe it was found beside, and now we're figuring out that person was Lup.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

During the interlude after the 11th hour, Kravitz confirmed that the Umbra staff is housing, if not a lich, an undead energy of lich-like levels. During the previous Lunar Interlude, the staff wrested control of itself from Taako in order to spell out the letters L-U-P.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I can't stop listening to wonderland round 3. Send help.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

ATP5G1 posted:

Haven't we known the Umbra Staff was a lich or some sort of transformed magic user from the beginning? I've always assumed it was the soul/essence/whatever of whomever used to wear the red robe it was found beside, and now we're figuring out that person was Lup.
Also didn't Barry say something like "oh my god, you found her?" about the staff and/or body next to the staff that time he appeared and got all upset that they said they didn't trust him? I'm pretty sure the skeleton they found the Umbra Staff on was Lup, so it makes sense of she's inhabiting the staff.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

I feel like there was a video or a soundcloud thing posted where somebody did a supercut of all the lore/foreshadowing stuff, any of you folks have a link?

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I was born in the wrong era. I probably should have lived during vampire times

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
MAKE ME JORTS, DOUGLAS

BELT-BLAST ME AND MAKE ME JORTS

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

This episode is very apt because I am currently in the market for a new upfloor.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Donors at the $10 a month or above level will be able to buy additional pins once the funding drive is over. I'm not sure how much they'll be, but I'd like to get my hands on the SawBones and MBMBaM pins, in addition to the GreatestGen one.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Why are pins such a ubiquitous collector's item?
Don't get me wrong, I want all the pins for the 5 shows I listen to.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Inzombiac posted:

They're small and slightly more functional than other collectible crap.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Mbmbam question askers really need to look into CBT or go for short walks more, I can't get over how unchill these people are.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

rumble in the bunghole posted:

Mbmbam question askers really need to look into CBT or go for short walks more, I can't get over how unchill these people are.

I'm assuming you mean a different CBT than what came to my mind.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I know a third acronym for it and it's even sexier.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

you can prolly pin these somewhere and feel good about it, without anyone seeing what a nerd you are, but if you wore the bandana from last year you would look like a douche.

I can't remember what the previous $10 levels were.

Edit: 2015 was the one tote bag, 2014 was the Max Fun Cats Calendar, 2013 was earphones.

Tears In A Vial fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Mar 28, 2017

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm assuming you mean a different CBT than what came to my mind.

cognitive behavioral torture, yes

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe

rumble in the bunghole posted:

I know a third acronym for it and it's even sexier.

CBT ;)

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Change block tracking?

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Extreme Restraints advertising still paying dividends long after they stopped.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
dear brothers, my girlfriend refuses to wipe her feet before stomping my nards, how do I explain that this is rude behavior around a ballgag?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Tears In A Vial posted:

Donors at the $10 a month or above level will be able to buy additional pins once the funding drive is over. I'm not sure how much they'll be, but I'd like to get my hands on the SawBones and MBMBaM pins, in addition to the GreatestGen one.

I got the Sawbones one as a new donor this year because it's the best one. I don't even listen to Sawbones.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Poque posted:

I got the Sawbones one as a new donor this year because it's the best one. I don't even listen to Sawbones.

it's a pretty good podcast, you should give it a bash

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
sawbones is by far the best McElroy husband/wife joint.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Martian Manfucker posted:

Rose Buddies

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Martian Manfucker posted:

The satellite dish episodes where they review Modelland were the best.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Sexual Aluminum posted:

The satellite dish episodes where they review Modelland were the best.

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

I hope we find out more about what characters/scenarios the boys totally skipped over during the Eleventh Hour (due to doing things "wildly out of order") in the next The The Adventure Zone Zone. I know there's a wizard duel track Griffin composed but never got to debut, which was probably intended to go with a scene involving that elven wizard gambler (Ash?). And I noticed during my re-listen that there's a boy working in the Helpington's general store who dies in the bank a lot, but they never really met him or even went inside the store? Or the mayoral manor!

Same for whatever Griffin had planned for the Suffering Game if Taako didn't cast True Seeing, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
https://twitter.com/babylonian/status/846175364418158593

Nick, rethink this.