Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
So I am super glad I trusted my instincts and didn't just splurge purchase a PS4 for this game, since apparently by X-mas time they'll have released all the DLC ( aand the rest of the single player storyline LOL)and i'll maybe be able to just pick up the whole kit & kaboodle for $60 probably...

At least there are roughly ten million other games to play right now...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

1redflag posted:

Kind of lazy on SQUENIX to make the most recent times quest last for a month rather than a week like the previous timed quests.

"Please go buy and play Nier"

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Do you only get the AP/Gil reward from the timed quest once?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

CVagts posted:

Do you only get the AP/Gil reward from the timed quest once?

You can get some gil on subsequent victories, but the marquee stuff is only the first time.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

March Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLrB7N-XfPs

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they're intentionally launching this thing against persona 5 arent they haha

edit oh its like this week actually

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Mar 27, 2017

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Honestly Gladio's playstyle looks super cool and fun to me, I can't wait to play it. I'm hearing some disappointments about Gil's design in the upcoming DLC, but eh, fantasy based on reality and what not, I don't mind it.

EDIT: lol you can actually climb the giant stone arches now.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Should I be excited that I can climb those stone arch things?

I guess if I was someone who loved photo mode, but I can't believe SE is showing it off as an impressive feature.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
4chan spoilers right again it seems

Update 1.06: Chapter 13 adds Gladio as a playable character to this chapter, [you go with Ignis the whole time and he needs to be protected. Some new cutscenes are added with Ravus and Iedolas Aldercapt.]

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

Should I be excited that I can climb those stone arch things?

I guess if I was someone who loved photo mode, but I can't believe SE is showing it off as an impressive feature.

It was almost the first thing I wanted to do when I got to the open world and couldn't, this makes me happy

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
So timed quests are temporarily suspended according to patch notes. Did they do it because of the negative feedback? Are they reworking the rotation or something?

In any case, I'll definitely wait till the game is finished before trying any of this. RPGs are just way too long

WaltherFeng fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Mar 27, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Anyone played through the new chapter 13?
How do you feel about it compared to the old one, if so?

WaltherFeng posted:

So timed quests are temporarily suspended according to patch notes. Did they do it because of the negative feedback?

"If you care about this, you probably enjoy our game, why not buy Episode Gladiolus!!! Yes, we're ignoring that you will be tired of that long before timed quests are back".

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Doing the new CH13 from the main menu now. Spoilertag because it's all new.
Ardyn is weird. The smoke coming from the center is weird. Important filler for the story. It builds on Ardyn a good bit more, what an rear end he is. Another rendering-defect at the central elevator room looking down, temporary fluke for me since it went away after taking the elevator up or was it down a step, smoke and fog started rendering down. Then we learn of the evil emperor's fate for real. Translators take retarded loving freedoms that have no place in a game. Then done. Wonder how it works out in a regular non-mainmenu playthrough of it. Still got grinding to do before taking my lv1 tour out of ch6.

Surely the combat is expanded massively for the actual DLC, nice little variety though basic as heck here. Nice to play somebody else, I look forward to that multiplayer mode far more now.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

GreenBuckanneer posted:

edit found this online, idk if it's accurate, may be false:

:words: timeline stuff

That all looks good as hell and I hope it's true.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The version numbers are out of sync with that leak now, which is sort of the least meaningful aspect of it.

Though

Onmi posted:

4chan spoilers right again it seems

Update 1.06: Chapter 13 adds Gladio as a playable character to this chapter, [you go with Ignis the whole time and he needs to be protected. Some new cutscenes are added with Ravus and Iedolas Aldercapt.]

says that the specified content here is correct, while the .06 is wrong.

So overall, I'd say it's a very small strike against the 4chan list but a big strike for it.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

That's a pretty drat specific thing for the leak to get right. Though it could always be one of those "mix some true stuff with a ton of bullshit" things

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There's definitely a person who visits /v/ who has insider knowledge up to a level. This person had general plot detail/spoilers for the entire game up long before release.
They adopted a trip the last time they posted some I think so it may be easier to single them out in future if they keep using it. After the track record they've had, I'm willing to believe the rational parts of what this leaker says compared to other leaks. Naturally, without the trip, it's impossible to say who is who on /v/, which is both good/bad in this sense.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

MrLonghair posted:

Translators take retarded loving freedoms that have no place in a game.

Wha

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
If that leak is right, which seems more and more likely, then the current plan is for the game to be finished a year from now.

Let me check my watch real quick - yup, that's definitely 17 months out from release. Bang-up job there, guys.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Instant Grat posted:

If that leak is right, which seems more and more likely, then the current plan is for the game to be finished a year from now.

Let me check my watch real quick - yup, that's definitely 17 months out from release. Bang-up job there, guys.

They probably think they are doing The Witcher thing and adding meaty content. When in reality they are just making it a complete game for the for the first time.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Considering how good it was at launch I'm more than happy to have paid the $60 for early access

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Trump jokes.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Oxxidation posted:

Trump jokes.

lol

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I really hope that's not the truth, I haven't play the revamped Ch13 yet.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Norns posted:

They probably think they are doing The Witcher thing and adding meaty content. When in reality they are just making it a complete game for the for the first time.

Also adding even more stupid difficult super-dungeons, which I guess someone out there wants?? I'd prefer they just finish filling in all the plotholes and that 2/3rds of Venice plus an entire additional continent they forgot to put in there the first go around.

EDIT: "Plotholes" in the most literal sense, I mean - places in the plot where there should be story, but instead there is just a trainride and a blind person

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Instant Grat posted:

Also adding even more stupid difficult super-dungeons, which I guess someone out there wants?? I'd prefer they just finish filling in all the plotholes and that 2/3rds of Venice plus an entire additional continent they forgot to put in there the first go around.

It's me. I want postgame dungeons. Just as long as they aren't all boring copy paste poo poo like the current ones.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
Okabe's Battle on the Big Bridge is pretty great. I love the intense action drums he often uses.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I enjoyed the 40 hours I put into the game to finish it so I'm not mad they're still adding content.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Im mad I spent £40 on this game

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Nina posted:

Okabe's Battle on the Big Bridge is pretty great. I love the intense action drums he often uses.

That man is so incredibly good at drums. The factory-bit near the ending of the first route of Automata is goddamn phenomenal.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'd be mad if I'd bought a console for this, but I'm not upset with paying £40 for it. Game could have been better but I appreciate the fact they feel like they should make it better without locking the improvements behind the DLC pack purchases too.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

They could have released a game with a coherent story

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Norns posted:

They could have released a game with a coherent story

This is true of most video games, to be honest, but truer of FFXV than most, yes.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
They could've been upfront about the fact that they were essentially selling an Early Access game.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

This is true of most video games, to be honest, but truer of FFXV than most, yes.

Not really?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Instant Grat posted:

They could've been upfront about the fact that they were essentially selling an Early Access game.

lol

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Norns posted:

Not really?

Idk about FF15, but there are a helluva lot of video games with incoherent stories. FF15 just looks unfinished with it's story, more than anything.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Ventana posted:

Idk about FF15, but there are a helluva lot of video games with incoherent stories. FF15 just looks unfinished with it's story, more than anything.

Please point out any recent triple a games that have stories like this poo poo show. With these budgets and time.

Come the gently caress on you guys.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Fallout 4?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
While I'd maybe argue your point, you're changing the goalpost. The statement seemed to be about games in general, not triple A titles.

• Locked thread