Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i wouldn't be surprised if Bamco kept trying to cash in on the franchise after miyazaki left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Dark Souls: Survive the Epic co-op zombie defense souls game with micro transactions

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

goferchan posted:

Dark Souls: Survive the Epic co-op zombie defense souls game with micro transactions

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Theyre getting the guy's wallet out of his pocket

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

goferchan posted:

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

goferchan posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

goferchan posted:

Lmao

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
wait a minute... that guy wasn't the wallet inspector!

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

multijoe posted:

I finally ponied up for a PS4 and I think Bloodborne might be the best Souls game in the series, rally and quickstep are both fantastic additions to the core combat system and trick weapons are extremely fun to use. The visuals & sound design are both god-tier Demons Souls level too, in retrospect I can see why people were a little lukewarm on DS3 coming off the back of this extremely powerful gaming experience.

yeah, its a class apart. ds3 was made by a different team, probably the same or similar team that did ds2. ds3 is very good though

Dec 26, 2012

multijoe posted:

I finally ponied up for a PS4 and I think Bloodborne might be the best Souls game in the series, rally and quickstep are both fantastic additions to the core combat system and trick weapons are extremely fun to use. The visuals & sound design are both god-tier Demons Souls level too, in retrospect I can see why people were a little lukewarm on DS3 coming off the back of this extremely powerful gaming experience.

agreed on all of this

HolePisser1982 posted:

I've heard the PS4 playerbase is the biggest but I always get matches on PC within like 20 seconds

sweet. gotta check that out and get owned

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
a few months ago someone was talking about a pvp character called buff man who would just use every buff possible on itself while the opponent sat there and watched

anyway, this made me think of that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4tMGwMkwas

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

a few months ago someone was talking about a pvp character called buff man who would just use every buff possible on itself while the opponent sat there and watched

lmao i love it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

Holy poo poo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

sector_corrector posted:

Awesome

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

sector_corrector posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dxICJHd518

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

New gameplay trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69d-enwfDZ0

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Wowee.

quote:

The Ringed City opens up on a confusing mess of upturned buildings and jagged grey terrain, where civilizations from all of time and space are converging on a single point far below the surface—what I imagine as a kind of fourth dimensional toilet flush[...] There’s still no boss in sight, and if The Ringed City is truly bigger in every way than Ashes of Ariandel—more bosses, more weapons, more areas, and more everything, as I’m told by the Bandai Namco rep on hand—then this descent might be a long one. ‘More’ sounds great, but I just hope it’s a fitting journey down.

It would be really cool if they put something from Bloodborne in.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

NickRoweFillea posted:

It would be really cool if they put something from Bloodborne in.

I think the big parallel in the series tying stuff together is hollowing/beast sickness and someone played through everything up to the 1st boss of Ringed City and uploaded a vid and there are definitely what feels like some bloodborne callbacks.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can anyone tell me what this insane red crab thing I ran into on darks souls is? I've never seen anything like it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

Can anyone tell me what this insane red crab thing I ran into on darks souls is? I've never seen anything like it

Oh man did you run into a vagrant? lucky dog, ive never seen one. http://darksouls.wikidot.com/vagrant

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Oh man did you run into a vagrant? lucky dog, ive never seen one. http://darksouls.wikidot.com/vagrant

Wow, that's the first im learning about these things

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was running to the rusted iron ring when suddenly that thing popped up shooting missiles at me lol

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
one time i was staying over at a friends house and it was like 3am and we were both playing dark souls side by side (epic) and we both found a vagrant at the same place. he didnt understand why i was going like oooooh dude no way so i dont hang out iwth him anymore

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sector_corrector posted:

i think ludwig is probably my favorite boss. artorias is definitely up there, maybe even 2. defiled amy is the biggest surge of adrenaline i've ever felt beating a souls boss.

defiled amygdala, manus, and orphan of kos are the only bosses I've spent a long, long time getting the hang of. Even Artorias was a shitload easier.

they're just so loving fast

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the end of this month is the end of dark souls. there will be imitators but miyazaki has been pretty clear about this being his last game in this style

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

balance patch friday

Made system updates for The Ringed City.
Increased frame rate for gameplay on PlayStation®4 Pro.
2 New maps added to Undead Match, Dragon Ruins and Grand Roof.
Added function to Undead Match where, if password matching is used, players can split into teams.
Added function to Undead Match that allows one team of players to match with one password, and the other team to match with another password.
Added function where various hosts could be displayed on the bonfire warp menu.
Added warning text that advised player if he/she has dropped too many items in a single location on the field.
Fixed issue where the loading screen was displayed for longer than usual when the guest returned to his/her own world after an online multiplayer session.
Fixed issue in "The Painted World of Ariandel" where the opened/closed status of the door to the Cleansing Chapel did not synched properly during online multiplayer session.
Fixed issue where a guest could enter alone into the boss room for the Dancer of the Boreal Valley during online multiplayer session.
Fixed issue where the level sync feature in Undead Match did not synched consistently during online multiplayer session.
Fixed issue in the loading screen where guests were not alerted to an error that occurred on the host's side during online multiplayer session.
Fixed issue when player using the miracle Tears of Denial doesn’t get attacked during online multiplayer session.
Fixed issue where weapons and items sent to the box get corrupted when inventory is full.
Fixed icons that specify which certain items are for which gender. (ex. Chain Armor).
Improved attack power for Daggers (fixed). In accordance with this fix, critical hit is decreased in order to make critical power the same as present.
Improved motion of normal attack for Ultra Greatswords, Great Hammers and Curved Great Swords.
Decreased stamina depletion when attacking using Ultra Greatswords, Great Hammers, and Greataxes.
Improved attack power for Curved Greatswords.
Decreased motion of normal attack while dashing for Katanas. Improved motion of any other normal attacks.
Improved motion of shield bash skill. In accordance with this fix, stamina consumption has been reduced.
Improved motion of Dagger's Blind Spot skill.
Increased rate at which Frostbite builds up when using Vordt's Great Hammer, Irithyll Straight Sword, and Friede's Great Scythe.
Shortened attack window of Carthus Curved Sword and Dark Sword, Gargoyle Flame Spear and Follower Sabre.
Improved motion of Crescent Moon Sword's skill, Crescent Blade.
Improved the motion of Moonlight Greatswords’s skill, Moonlight Vortex.
Improved FP recovery effect of Executioner's Greatsword.
Fixed so that Frost Blade appears from the beginning of Pontiff Knight Curved Sword skill.
Improved FP decrease effect of Yorshka’s Spear skill, Pacify.
Improved motion and the frost effect of Pontiff Knight Great Scythe skill.
Improved motion of normal attack for Greatlance.
Fixed so that poise is applied during Greatlance two-handed attack.
Fixed so that poise is applied during Dark Hand skill, Lifedrain.
Disabled parry during Pickaxe's two-handed attack.
Improved duration of the Perseverance effect.
Fixed issue where attack power of some bolts was different from the assumed value when using Avelyn.
Fixed issue where one-handed attack motion of Crow Talons was incorrectly using the animation for the Fists.
Fixed issue where player can apply enchantment of Bloodlust to other weapons.
Fixed so that poise is applied during Spin Sweep attack.
Fixed issue where Onislayer continued to attack consecutively.
Improved correction value for Sharp or Heavy weapons' upgrade.
Improved the Bleed build-up of Blood infusions.
Reduced Bleed build-up of weapons not infused with Blood.
Improved the Poison build-up of Poison infusions. Thanks /u/MisterKaos
Along with improving correction value for Sharp or Heavy weapons' upgrade, adjusted correction value for Refined weapons' upgrade.
Improved defense and also increased weights for heavy armor.
Improved the motion of Lightning Stake, Lightning Storm and Way of White Corona.
Extended the time you can move during the casting of the miracles of Gnaw, Dorhys' Gnawing and Wrath of the Gods. EDIT: Translation fixed, thanks /u/DarkmoonSolaire
Fixed issue where bonus value is not affected by Dark Damage when equipping Hornet Ring during critical attack.
Increased the damage of Poison and Toxic dealt by players, and shortened its duration.
Decreased rate at which blood builds up when using Carthus Rouge.

no love for whips? no love for whips

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

So does improved motion mean the attack animation is faster? Or is it just a visual thing

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

So does improved motion mean the attack animation is faster? Or is it just a visual thing

I assume it's made faster in the same way the last balance patch sped up maces and scythes, yeah

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That usually means they tweaked the attack animation, yeah

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

When does ringed city come out? I kind of totally forgot about it with the cavalcade of releases this year

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

When does ringed city come out? I kind of totally forgot about it with the cavalcade of releases this year

One week from today

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

For once in my life I know absolutely nothing about this new dlc. I havent seen one screen or read one story. I cant wait to do this totally blind. see you guys next week

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bump. Last piece of Souls related content possibly ever made comes out tomorrow

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

In Training posted:

Bump. Last piece of Souls related content possibly ever made comes out tomorrow

I hope it's an appropriately bombastic farewell

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010