Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spacebump posted:

As recent as 2008 I remember people saying Dirk would never win a title and the Mavs should trade him to another team to be a solid number 2. In 2011 the team's #2 went down and somehow they won the title. Don't give up until the team has been blown up. Maybe they will start to peak right as the playoffs come around.

I looked up the roster I completely forgot Corey Brewer was on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Strawberry Panda posted:

No one outside the top 4 teams in the East want to make the playoffs.

I am truly pumped to see how the Bulls manage to miss the playoffs despite closing out the season like this:

vs. Cleveland
vs. Atlanta
@ New Orleans
@ New York
@ Philadelphia
@ Brooklyn
vs. Orlando
vs. Brooklyn

I figure they'll win the first three to look like they're set up perfectly, then lose out

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Strawberry Panda posted:

East is as bad as ever this year.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Rockets are third in their conference while being up 4 wins over the Cavs is so disheartening

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Idk Miami is scary. I hope my Celtics don't have to play them in the first round

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

danucleus posted:

Has there ever been a team less clutch and has less killer instinct than this here the Clippers? Has there ever been a team that was more infuriating to be a fan of????

HIstorically, not really? The Clippers were only recently edged out by the T-Wolves as worst overall winning percentage in all of the NBA history
http://bkref.com/pi/shareit/Ant1F

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

tumor looking batty posted:

Idk Miami is scary. I hope my Celtics don't have to play them in the first round

They're good when Waiters plays but lose a step when he's out. Hopefully he's healthy soon.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Papa John had a decent game against some premiere bigs and Buddy Hield did this
https://streamable.com/b2ycs

#vladewasright

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Strawberry Panda posted:

The Bulls want to.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Watch the entire Clippers meltdown
https://streamable.com/ixu82

https://twitter.com/mr_jasonjones/status/846134868538896384

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Portland is the 8th seed for now.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Pels will move into 5th best DRtg after tonight. Last season they were 27th. :toot:

Of course, they are 27th in ORtg this season when they were 18th last season. :negative:

Overall, Pels are 22nd in NRtg this season compared to 25th last season. Improvement! Minor, incremental improvement, but improvement all the same despite a large roster turnover and style change. :unsmith:

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

WhyteRyce posted:

Papa John had a decent game against some premiere bigs and Buddy Hield did this
https://streamable.com/b2ycs

#vladewasright

Pretty sure winning is bad at this point

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Winning is bad but Philly owns pick swaps with us and Philly is close to passing us so it's not as bad as normal

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

WhyteRyce posted:

Watch the entire Clippers meltdown
https://streamable.com/ixu82

I really enjoyed two things about this.

One is the insufferable Clippers announcers losing their minds as it becomes clear the Clippers are going to lose. "No - OHHH NO!!!"

The other is that the crowd was getting louder for the Kings than the Clips. :bisonyes:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

WhyteRyce posted:

Winning is bad but Philly owns pick swaps with us and Philly is close to passing us so it's not as bad as normal

Yeah. The Kings need to lose a lot. But win some. But not a lot.

It's a weird tank line to walk

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

When a rookie can see the problems on the other team, that's pretty bad.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

BobHoward posted:

I really enjoyed two things about this.

One is the insufferable Clippers announcers losing their minds as it becomes clear the Clippers are going to lose. "No - OHHH NO!!!"

The other is that the crowd was getting louder for the Kings than the Clips. :bisonyes:

"Can you believe what you have seen here this afternoon?"

"Yes."

danucleus
Nov 22, 2007
hmm

Dutchy posted:

"Can you believe what you have seen here this afternoon?"

"Yes."

Mike Smith so encapsulated a true fan in that moment.

The Clippers' announcers are actually impartial and good and researches the opponents very well. I would rather listen to them then anyone but jvg

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

EvanTH posted:

Hah c'mon we were all on the Booker Hype Train as soon as it left the station last year!

But watch that video of him scoring 70. The defense is atrocious garbage time nonsense and he still gets completed stuffed at the rim, absolutely swallowed up by World Class Defender Tyler Zeller then bailed out with a whistle on one of the final sequences. He caught fire in the first half then the team force-fed it to him to break a record even after he started making sub-par plays because the game had no stakes otherwise.

He only scored 19 in the first half. They didn’t start really feeding him untl the 4th quarter.

I should note he had an all around good game with 8 rebounds, six assists and IIRC 3 steals and a chase down block.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Ammanas posted:

Pretty sure winning is bad at this point

Winning is always good

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Charlz Guybon posted:

He only scored 19 in the first half. They didn’t start really feeding him untl the 4th quarter.

I should note he had an all around good game with 8 rebounds, six assists and IIRC 3 steals and a chase down block.

He beat Westbrook and Harden's season shooting percentages for FG% and 3 pt %. I think that was a good reason to keep feeding him the ball regardless of the score but they were certainly doing everything they could to help him score more as they fell farther behind. Phoenix's pace of play is high to start with and their offensive efficiency isn't great, so it doesn't seem like they were disrupting their own offense, either.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Mar 27, 2017

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I refuse to believe anything about this: http://www.tmz.com/2017/03/27/master-p-nba-coaching-job/

quote:

Master P says he's ready for the NBA -- as an assistant coach -- and he's laser-focused on making it happen with the New Orleans Pelicans.

The rap mogul was a pretty good player back in the day -- and had contracts with the Charlotte Hornets and the Toronto Raptors.

Now, P says he wants to pass his knowledge along at the pro level ... and he's dead serious.

There's more ... P has some strong feelings about LaVar Ball -- he LIKES what the basketball dad is doing and says people should be happy that a father is taking such an interest in his kids' lives.

"I think a lot of kids need their fathers in their lives," P said ... "All that other stuff, I think he's on the right track."

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Sounds like he actually wants to work for the Knicks.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

leftist heap posted:

Portland is the 8th seed for now.

The game against Denver tomorrow is basically a playoff game.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Master P and LaVar Ball are going to change basketball culture.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Drunk Canuck posted:

Master P and LaVar Ball are going to change basketball culture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IqnkQKVc2c

Mr. Ball is Number Eight.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

I play ball a lot like Lavarr.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Of special note is going to himself off the backboard at 1:13.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://youtu.be/fRyAjPYvbjg

Someone gif the slow motion butt scoot, tia.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

"Fan"

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Lavar "Can't" Ball

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Apparently Portland owns every tie breaker over Denver, so the Nuggets will have to win 1 more game than the Blazers to make the playoffs.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I would rather see the Nuggets get a shot at taking a game off the 1 seed than the Blazers this year. Blazers have been a totally uninspiring dumpster fire, and the Nuggets at least have Jokic.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

quote:

“I don’t believe in resting,” said his backcourt partner Pat Beverley. “I think that’s (expletive). I think that’s a disgrace to this league. I think fans deserve better. I could care less if coaches ask players to rest or not. That’s up to you to play or not. And if you don’t, you’re disrespecting the game. And I don’t agree with disrespecting the game because there was a time when I wasn’t playing in the NBA and I was try to get here. To me, resting is disrespect to me, disrespect to the name on the front of the jersey and disrespecting the name on the back of the jersey.

:lol: Pat Beverley is a treasure

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

G-Hawk posted:

I guess Pat Beverley will never be a spur

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

G-Hawk posted:

I love ya Pat but this is really dumb