Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
It seems like they could have asked nicely before blowing things up and attracting ocean-walkers.

clown shoes fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Mar 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

clown shoes posted:

It seems like they could have asked nicely before blowing things up and attracting ocean-walkers.

"Hi, we are robbing you at gunpoint and leaving you with no way to defend yourself whatsoever.

Want to be allies?"

What the fuuuuuuck kind of diplomacy was that.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I love how stupid every little detail is, I mean today's minor nitpick stupidity: Eugene hands her the pill in a plastic bag. Which means someone will find the bag and know she took a pill instead of being "What the gently caress killed her? Who killed her? How'd they kill her? Wish we had a better doctor!"

ED: Well, at least know that something was in the cell that should not have been there.

Tenzarin posted:

Suck it peaceful community!

"I get it now. We can run away, live like these people or fight.. I mean.. these people have a thriving community and seem happy since they escaped Negan's army. Fuuuuck that."

Guy Goodbody posted:

Is it just me, or was Rick's plan to get the guns from the island ladies really really stupid?

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Mar 27, 2017

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

some guy on the bus posted:

Walking Dead writers are probably the kind of people that would believe Negan is against rape because he marries them, right?

I don't know about that but they are the kinds of people who think you could recruit a rival community to join you in a war by robbing them at gunpoint.

ED: Also can I say how incredibly stupid it was not a SINGLE PERSON in the town they were hitting because they had too many guns put Rick's crew in a do-or-die firefight? I mean they were preparing with scouts and assault weapons to fight Negan's crew and like 3 dudes with guns show up and they SURRENDER IMMEDIATELY?

gently caress this episode is so stupid, it's actually a black hole of stupid the more you think about it. Even more than usual.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Mar 27, 2017

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Stickarts posted:

35 posts. drat.

I outright skipped it and I haven't done that since season 2.

Correction: I caught a few scenes here and there (Negan monologuing at Sasha, Maggie and Gregory, the gun "loan", the pill, and Dwight switching sides) and figured I got the gist of the episode

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The next episode will be Rick's group doing an ambush on one of the Savior's runs and then Negan will find out about it and lean and say, "Look at the balls on you, Rick!" and then some minor character will die and next season will still be boring even during a war in the zombie apocalypse.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I salute those still watching.

With half of the fun being wondering who will die next, I feel this show has a very low replay value.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Blazing Ownager posted:

"Hi, we are robbing you at gunpoint and leaving you with no way to defend yourself whatsoever.

Want to be allies?"

What the fuuuuuuck kind of diplomacy was that.

They have almost completed the transition to ftwd diplomacy.

Fantastic use of the explosives you could have used against negan.

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Mar 27, 2017

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Well it looks like it's going to end the season exactly the way I though--a cliffhanger right before the major battle, with no payoff as to whether they beat Negan or not.

I did think of one fairly simple plan Rick could use to beat them, but they'd never do anything so easy.

All he'd have to do is get his armed people to surround Alexandria and hide, and do something to piss off Negan so he comes in person. Negan will come, swinging his dick with a whole bunch of guys. He won't bring his whole army, but he'll bring enough to beat unarmed Alexandria. Rick walks up to him in the street and while Negan is Neganing, out steps the combined armed troops of Alexandria, Hilltop, and The Kingdom, surrounding Negan's men.

He locks them up and takes their guns, and then drives right up to the Savior compound with his army and stands before the gates with Negan in chains. Tells them to surrender or Negan dies. If they refuse, he shoots Negan and fights. If they agree, they march out unarmed and sit like the people did this past episode. Rick's army goes into the compound, takes the guns. They lock up all of Negan's henchmen in the Savior compound and move in for a couple weeks, interrogating the former slaves. Based on their testimony and the witness testimony of all the people from Alexandria, Hilltop, and The Kingdom as to who Negan's men terrorized and which of them did what, they hold trials and execute or banish the guilty, the hand the compound over to the former slaves.

:boom:

But of course that's too easy, so instead he'll roll up with an army and fight Negan's entire force while it's secure in a fort.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

Blazing Ownager posted:

"I get it now. We can run away, live like these people or fight.. I mean.. these people have a thriving community and seem happy since they escaped Negan's army. Fuuuuck that."

That's consistent with their decisions throughout the show though - if you find a successful community, do the most opposite thing you can think of. Find a community that's secure enough to run an old folks home - go camp in the woods, immediately get overrun by a herd. Find a prosperous community in an impregnable city fortress - leave for the countryside, almost die of dehydration while being relentlessly chased by walkers over open ground. Find a community that thrives by avoiding war - take their guns and start a war.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
This show is bullshit.

They can't keep edging their audience like this.

A 16 episode season means 10 should be the rising tension, 4 should be the main event, and 2 should be resolution and leading to next season. Instead it's 15.5 episodes of rising tension and 0.5 of the main event, no resolution, and guaranteed that the first two episodes of next season will be flashbacks and pointless side stories that ultimately are meaningless, allowing them to skate into the mid season finale with still no resolution to last season's main event

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

Blazing Ownager posted:

I love how stupid every little detail is, I mean today's minor nitpick stupidity: Eugene hands her the pill in a plastic bag. Which means someone will find the bag and know she took a pill instead of being "What the gently caress killed her? Who killed her? How'd they kill her? Wish we had a better doctor!"

ED: Well, at least know that something was in the cell that should not have been there.

Eugene would also be prime suspect if anything at all happened to her. He'd be cutting his own throat.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Didn't watch this yet but my bookmarks show only 55 new posts. That's really sad, this show used to get like 10 pages of active discussion during new episodes.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Bigass Moth posted:

Didn't watch this yet but my bookmarks show only 55 new posts. That's really sad, this show used to get like 10 pages of active discussion during new episodes.

Maybe more and more people are fed up with the 20 minutes of commercials and DVR watch it.
I for one do that. I could not imagine watching this poo poo show live.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
"thank you for robbing us, you guys are definitely better than the saviors who only ask for food and replaceable supplies instead of our guns"

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I still can't get over how incompetent their colony was. We saw they have scouts, are heavily armed (the whole point of being there), etc. yet not a single one of them even tried to engage the unknown marauders that might as well have been Negan's forces for all they knew. Not a single loving one pushed it to an armed confrontation. They were so incompetent nobody had guns protecting anything anywhere in the camp. Holy poo poo.

All so the show could try to make Rick, who was robbing them blind, look like the good guy with sudden A-Team rules back in play, the first time since the first Prison fight.

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

This show is bullshit.

They can't keep edging their audience like this.

Every single time someone goes on a kill Negan quest I immediately bash my head into a wall because I know they'll just suddenly get infected with The Stupid the second they see him. It's like he has a superpower of anyone that seems him turns into a moron.

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

"thank you for robbing us, you guys are definitely better than the saviors who only ask for food and replaceable supplies instead of our guns"

The people in the crowd going "Yeah! We should fight!" while being robbed had me laughing my rear end off. It was Rogue One background chatter levels of terrible.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

What else is there to discuss? Nothing happens in these episodes anymore.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I skimmed through this last night but I'll watch it for real today but from what I can tell it was... Dumber than a grimbly grunk

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Vintersorg posted:

What else is there to discuss? Nothing happens in these episodes anymore.

I still can't believe there is a whole show after this show just to talk about it.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Hilarious anecdote.

I was at the playground with my kid yesterday and I overheard a group of sassy women talking about TWD and heard someone say "Ok. I'm all caught up for tonight's episode and I swear to god if something, anything, doesn't happen I'm over it."

So even your average housewife is sick of it!

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Sulman posted:

Eugene would also be prime suspect if anything at all happened to her. He'd be cutting his own throat.

Also, Sasha could have said "This won't work. I said I don't want to be used, and if I become a walker, they'll just put me out their in their walker wall, and I don't want that. Please give me something to take out my head."

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

moist turtleneck posted:

I skimmed through this last night but I'll watch it for real today but from what I can tell it was... Dumber than a grimbly grunk

they took the seaside communities guns and thats about it

sasha had some dialogue with negan

Dwight turned himself in to the Alexandria community and said he wants to help take down Negan

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

stuff happened and i guess that means i think it was decent.

which says a lot about where this show is at.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If they just started considering hostages as already dead then they are on equal footing as Negan. Both sides of this conflict are glass cannons. The only advantage Negan had was them not knowing the location of is compound. Just hide in the woods and take pot shots at anyone who leaves Negan's compound. Whenever Negan shows up to your compound hide in the woods and take pot shots at him until he leaves.

This is without considering the millions of other things that could kill either group like tainting their water supply or setting boobie traps with the explosives they just wasted.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

stuff happened and i guess that means i think it was decent.

which says a lot about where this show is at.

this whole season could be condensed into 2 episodes and then it would be coherent and good

its almost like they write the premiere and finale first and then think: now what kinda bullshit can we fill this season in with

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost

melon cat fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Mar 16, 2019

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
Was there something from the previous episode with the beach crew that explained Tara's middle finger? I don't feel like re-watching to find out. I think I would like that character development of Tara just randomly being a dick to kids.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
If Rick rapes Dwight here I'm not sure I can root for these guys anymore.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Keep your ugly loving goldbricking rear end out of my beach community.

Lucania
May 1, 2009

lifts cats over head posted:

Was there something from the previous episode with the beach crew that explained Tara's middle finger? I don't feel like re-watching to find out. I think I would like that character development of Tara just randomly being a dick to kids.

Yeah, when she's leaving Oceanside the first time around, she gives the middle finger to a little girl who initially wanted to shoot her and then spits at her as she leaves.

E: https://youtu.be/dq4MaOiGScw

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Fog Tripper posted:

Fantastic use of the explosives you could have used against negan.

It turned into an episode of the loving A-Team.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

That dialogue between Sasha and Eugene through the door was amazingly bad

Like geez, it sounded like a lost page from Tommy Wisseau's The Room somehow made it into TWD's script

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Johnny Truant posted:

That dialogue between Sasha and Eugene through the door was amazingly bad

Like geez, it sounded like a lost page from Tommy Wisseau's The Room somehow made it into TWD's script
Well, to be fair, she was just lying and trying to play him to get a weapon.
That's why they took so long to show us her face.

eclectic taste
Jun 5, 2004

Future Schmidt
At this point I feel bad for Chris Hardwick. He has to be all pumped up and excited for each week's drivel.

cosmically_cosmic
Dec 26, 2015

JazzFlight posted:

Well, to be fair, she was just lying and trying to play him to get a weapon.
That's why they took so long to show us her face.

This isn't even a bad thing. Consider, a woman who can't act convincing an autistic man with an awful performance. Now look at the TWD scene, it's the exact same thing!

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

eclectic taste posted:

At this point I feel bad for Chris Hardwick. He has to be all pumped up and excited for each week's drivel.

tbh they should scrap Talking Dead and use all that money to increase the CGI budget

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

melon cat posted:

Did anyone else :lol: at the fact that Tara never addressed Cyndie's "I want to go with you" request? It's like they edited out part of that conversation out and forgot to add it in during post-production

I know that the above image wasn't the exact sequences of events. But I don't care.

I usually don't defend this show but she literally said in that scene that their rule is that either they all go and help or none of them go and help.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

spudsbuckley posted:

I usually don't defend this show but she literally said in that scene that their rule is that either they all go and help or none of them go and help.

That rule doesn't make any sense

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Guy Goodbody posted:

This show doesn't make any sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm sure there's some kind of stupid symbolism behind Negan being clean shaven and saving people while Rick grows a beard and steals guns