Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Instant Grat posted:

Is FF15 the most space-consuming game on PS4 now? After the patch it takes up a cool 60GB.

Nah Doom is like 80

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

A giant gently caress off black hole eating Adamantoise is actually amazing and I guess I'm playing FF15 again to cheese the rest of the content like that.

Sakurazuka posted:

Nah Doom is like 80

Every bit of that is lovingly crafted and perfectly used as Doom is the perfect game.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Sakurazuka posted:

Nah Doom is like 80

For some reason it's weird to me that games post-patch are starting to take up more space than could possibly even fit on a bluray disc.

Like, I know the games are zlib-compressed on the disc or whatever, but the PS4 still only supports dual-layer blurays which IIRC are like 50GB?? Wild man

How long until we get a game that would've been a multi-disc release for any other console generation, but instead "Disc 1" is the only physical disc, and the rest of it is just in a launch day patch.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
I re-installed Red Dead Redemption on my 360 the other day, and even with the litany of bugs and glitches they patched out of that game, it was like a 7 MB download.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Devs were forced to do that on 360 because they had to work on models without a hard drive, no one would bother otherwise.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Wrist Watch posted:

So they tweaked the way the ring works a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHLnbCkW8pk

Haha

Time to farm the gently caress out of Angelus.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Wrist Watch posted:

So they tweaked the way the ring works a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHLnbCkW8pk

So what do you have to do exactly to get this to trigger? I wrapped up most of the game over christmas but feel like going back to cheese some of the last hunts and Adamantoise and all that.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I want another Pitioss but the first part where it's puzzle solving stuff and not the later part where it's all blind jumps on floating platforms in pitch black darkness. That first part was fun as gently caress and I legit enjoyed it but the jumping puzzles in a black void on tilted platforms was just annoying and bad.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Kin posted:

So what do you have to do exactly to get this to trigger? I wrapped up most of the game over christmas but feel like going back to cheese some of the last hunts and Adamantoise and all that.

Hold R1+Triangle. That's it.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

RatHat posted:

Guess I'm playing again.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I figured this would be the case, but not even Angelus-0 can avoid being sucked into the Alterna dimension:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwA7KsKlDXg

I also found out you can do Alterna in midair while falling from warp points and Noctis just stops falling and stands there the entire time, so that's neat I guess.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
The old kings of Lucis don't gently caress around with sending their enemies into the phantom zone.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Gologle posted:

The old kings of Lucis don't gently caress around with sending their enemies into the phantom zone.

Have you seen the movie? They don't gently caress around. Period.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Except the bit where they decided to entomb their ancestors on the top of a volcano and other silly places.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

RatHat posted:

I read that there's also some luck and magic stats involved, etc?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kin posted:

I read that there's also some luck and magic stats involved, etc?

Apparently you can get the +250 magic stat accessory that people use from Justice Monsters V in Altissia after 35 chests.

I didn't play it for more than a minute but apparently it's really easy to do?

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Justice Monsters V is insanely easy, it's just time consuming. 99 chests takes like an hour and change if you know what you're doing and get all three chances per stage, so getting to 30 three times would probably take around that long as well.

I did it twice, once at the first one and one at the Altissa machine. Just don't switch to an element your dude is weak against, since if your dudes die they're gone for good. Otherwise yeah, just hit the bumpers and put on a podcast if you get bored (you will get bored halfway through unless you really love pinball I guess). Remember to use your skills by pressing square to deal huge chucks of damage to enemies in awkward places, and keep in mind holding down X will charge your launch depending on the type your dude is.

The wall crawl one sucks and pierce is pretty situational, but the burst one is fairly nice and because you'll be playing for so long you'll get fairly good at aiming it before too long.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

Episode Gladiolus is up now on the US store.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Apparently there's a very special reward for beating all of the challenges...

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

lol silly me thinking it was going to be free :rolleyes:

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Kelp Me! posted:

Hahaha, free DLC from squareenix, that is amusing.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Kelp Me! posted:

It's been listed as part of the (paid) season pass since the game launched man, I don't know what you were expecting.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Kelp Me! posted:

why would you think this, it was advertised as part of the season pass

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Yesssss!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

At last...the promise...has been made...

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Legs Benedict posted:

why would you think this, it was advertised as part of the season pass

Because I didn't pay attention to the season pass

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
The DLC is pretty much FFXV meets Yakuza (the fighting part) and I'm enjoying it quite a lot.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Just finished this and it kicked both my rear end and my heart. I guess most people have talked about it a lot already and how some things about the plot seemed ropey as gently caress but I want to ask about one thing specifically in chapter 13: Did I somehow miss a cutscene/entire side-story about Noct and Ravus? I see gifsets around of Ravus fighting with/near the Emperor and Noct meeting what looks like a dying Ravus but I never saw any of that in my game. Noct is thrown down the tower and gets the sword from his corpse, then later on we fight his half-zombie body.

Is this something from the Chapter 13 patch people say is going around? I assumed that the game would auto-update like most patches but is that not the case?

Overall thought it was great but there were so many times I just thought "wait we're done here already?", especially after Chapter 9. We passed by so many cool places that were relegated to background vistas. :(

Pierson fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Mar 28, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Pierson posted:

Just finished this and it kicked both my rear end and my heart. I guess most people have talked about it a lot already and how some things about the plot seemed ropey as gently caress but I want to ask about one thing specifically in chapter 13: Did I somehow miss a cutscene/entire side-story about Noct and Ravus? I see gifsets around of Ravus fighting with/near the Emperor and Noct meeting what looks like a dying Ravus but I never saw any of that in my game. Noct is thrown down the tower and gets the sword from his corpse, then later on we fight his half-zombie body.

Is this something from the Chapter 13 patch people say is going around? I assumed that the game would auto-update like most patches but is that not the case?

Overall thought it was great but there were so many times I just thought "wait we're done here already?", especially after Chapter 9. We passed by so many cool places that were relegated to background vistas. :(

I saw that stuff in Gladio version of Ch.13. Select that version from the special option on the main menu if you didn't play it. I don't know how the updated natural playthrough of Ch.13 plays now so I dunno if it lets you swap or anything.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
poo poo it might be because I took a long break between chapters 13 and 14, due to thinking 14 would be a whole other and much longer thing than what it ended up being.

Total playtime at the end for me was 22 hours, probably because I dropped most sidequests that looked boring (most of them). Might do a New Game+ to catch that patch content and look over whatever else I missed.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Renoistic posted:

The DLC is pretty much FFXV meets Yakuza (the fighting part) and I'm enjoying it quite a lot.

Just be aware that the main quest is really short and really easy. You don't really get to know anything knew either unfortunately. I wanted him to deal with his father's death but he seems completely unfazed by it when mentioning him. The story is 99% fluff but it was still enjoyable for what it was. The new music is great. Just don't expect the DLC to blow your mind — it doesn't really cover anything the FFXV story missed.

The "Final Trial" is pretty hard though and I haven't beaten it yet.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Mar 28, 2017

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
Seeing the new Prompto teaser I'm willing to bet the figure on the ground he's about to shoot is Prompto's "dad"

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
*DLC* Core Leonis is beating my rear end. Any tips? Seems like counters is the way to go?

He's pretty much like a Yakuza boss. He goddamn cheats when he feels like it (red aura).

Edit: Beat him but he sure was annoying.

I'm playing through the game again like this. Come on S-E make one for all the Bros.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Mar 28, 2017

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Do you mean the DLC give this or this some kinda new challenge available?

https://twitter.com/papricots/status/845836931904819200

They really should prioritize Noct over everyone else but more clothes is always nice.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

You mean less clothes

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Norns posted:

You mean less clothes

Clearly it's "rugged attire"

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Wrist Watch posted:

Justice Monsters V is insanely easy, it's just time consuming. 99 chests takes like an hour and change if you know what you're doing and get all three chances per stage, so getting to 30 three times would probably take around that long as well.

I did it twice, once at the first one and one at the Altissa machine. Just don't switch to an element your dude is weak against, since if your dudes die they're gone for good. Otherwise yeah, just hit the bumpers and put on a podcast if you get bored (you will get bored halfway through unless you really love pinball I guess). Remember to use your skills by pressing square to deal huge chucks of damage to enemies in awkward places, and keep in mind holding down X will charge your launch depending on the type your dude is.

The wall crawl one sucks and pierce is pretty situational, but the burst one is fairly nice and because you'll be playing for so long you'll get fairly good at aiming it before too long.

in addition to these tips, highlight another monster while you are using one, and activate their special for multiball mode. it can clear any boss stage nearly instanly if timed right, and yup all 4 can be used at once.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Renoistic posted:

*DLC* Core Leonis is beating my rear end. Any tips? Seems like counters is the way to go?

He's pretty much like a Yakuza boss. He goddamn cheats when he feels like it (red aura).

Edit: Beat him but he sure was annoying.

I'm playing through the game again like this. Come on S-E make one for all the Bros.

Countering a bunch also seems like the best way to get 1,000,000 points in score attack if anyone is having trouble with that trophy. It gets you way more points than the time/combo/item bonuses so you can just stand there waiting to counter everything against normal enemies/use maelstrom on bosses (I managed to get 1.1 million even though I kind of screwed up the last fight)

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Is there any listing for the places made accessible through the patch/episode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

So I tried the Ring thing on the Adamantoise fight because I put it off back in the day after leveling everyone to 99 and so on. I didn't have the three accessory slots unlocked nor the items for it and I haven't really done much after finishing the game way back when it came out.

I realized quickly tho, that just holding O and spending Noctis whole MP bar on the little "suck life out of enemies" ability did by far the most damage to Adamantoise at around 2-3k a tick. I just warp striked back and forth in front of him. There are two conveniently placed locations right next to its head so my MP was refilling instantly all the time. And what do you know, after getting about one third of his health off, he just disappeared and I got the achievement, the drop, the finished hunt and the XP. :shrug:

As for the Gladiolus DLC, a word of warning to people as stupid as me. I downloaded the ~6 gig 1.07 Patch thinking that would be it and happily clicked on the little "Special" option in the Main Menu. It loaded stuff and told me items and levels would not carry over and it would be the gameplay of Episode Gladiolus. I played through all of 10 minutes of kinda weird stuff and then it told me "Episode Gladiolus available now!". For a minute I was like "wait, that's the DLC?" but durr, of course it wasn't.

Very confusing to my idiot brain, but you actually have to download the DLC seperately from the patch from PSN, even if you have the season pass. It's another ~3 gigs and hopefully more than 10 minutes of blind Ignis and Gladio hurping around. I figured it would just be in the patch/download automagically but I guess not?

• Locked thread