Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Diabolic Edge is superior to Maverick Edge in every way. I think he talks about bad karma because he levelled up from killing things maybe?

Blue Dragon has a invisible things to pick up by rubbing your face around the outside of every room and anything that looks like an item in the scenery. If there's a broken down machine you can probably click on it and get a small stupid prize of a potion or whatever. Kinda like Hidden Gathering points but more consistent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wateyad
Nov 17, 2007

The power of the Outsider is

...dat ass
:yosbutt:

Shoeless posted:

Did I just watch a 25 minute long cutscene?

It's not like this is the first cutscene this long that we've seen, though thinking about it, all of the previous ones this long or longer may have wound up split between videos.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

wateyad posted:

It's not like this is the first cutscene this long that we've seen, though thinking about it, all of the previous ones this long or longer may have wound up split between videos.

True, but the only other one that springs to mind was the one (relatively) recently where Crowe meets up with Edge.

Also, it feels like this plot twist doesn't change anything and the second half of the cutscene was pointless. It doesn't change what the characters are going to do, all that's different is that I guess Edge and Reimi can't go back to Earth. Big deal, I'm sure they can settle down on Roak somewhere with all the money RPG protagonists inevitably stockpile. It bothers me hot utterly not-mattering it all was. Also, everything else in that cutscene.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

okay sorry

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Mar 24, 2017

wateyad
Nov 17, 2007

...dat ass
I haven't moused over that spoiler and I'm not going to but I think I know what's under it also please remove it and stop talking about Blue Dragon and especially talking about spoilers for the game we're going to LP blind when we haven't even gotten to that thread yet.

EDIT: Thank you.

wateyad fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Mar 24, 2017

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

corn in the bible posted:

How bad is SO5 because I was going to buy a PS4 and I was wondering if it's at least interestingly bad

SO5 is like $20 at most now so for that price, go for it.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

wateyad posted:

I haven't moused over that spoiler and I'm not going to but I think I know what's under it also please remove it and stop talking about Blue Dragon and especially talking about spoilers for the game we're going to LP blind when we haven't even gotten to that thread yet.

EDIT: Thank you.

Sorry, didn't mean to start a Thing. I guess I got overexcited as I never back the winning horse...

wateyad
Nov 17, 2007

...dat ass
Episode 77: Shut Up and Eat Your Cookies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4lNJisQKsU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
can I just say the fact that meracle's va actually says MEOW and PURR, like the actual words, is weird as hell

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Your ship crewed by the developmentally disabled is an inspiration to the galaxy.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I agree the Private Actions are pretty much the best part of this game. I think you're gonna miss some but I can't really remember. I followed guide for them when I played the game.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
So who ended up eating all those cookies?

dalthorn
Apr 23, 2016

corn in the bible posted:

can I just say the fact that meracle's va actually says MEOW and PURR, like the actual words, is weird as hell

To me the voice over, and I'm not blaming the VA's directly as they were more than likely directed to imitate how it was done in Japanese, is the worst part of the game or damned close. I can stand repetitive and monotonous game play and a subpar/idiotic plot but hearing the word "'kay" every time a person speaks or having the characters sound like a parody of themselves the further the game goes on kills it for me. I liked Star Ocean 2 when I was younger and though 3 was...adequate but this game killed the series for me.

That said I want to thank Wateyad and Pork Lift for doing the LP on the game, by this point I had already set my controller down to never pick it back up and it would cool to see how the rest unfolds.

dalthorn fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Mar 25, 2017

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
The hosed up thing is, Lym doesn't even have that trait in the Japanese, from what I remember hearing. There's not much you can really do with a character like Meracle though cause everything about her is awful.

Wet doing the same stuff as her, however, make for one of the best scenes in the game.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Momomo posted:

The hosed up thing is, Lym doesn't even have that trait in the Japanese, from what I remember hearing.

wateyad posted:

Lymle's speech thing in Japanese is that she uses the の (no) sentence ending particle which lends the preceding sentence an explanatory tone together with the よ (yo) sentence ending particle which marks the preceding sentence as an assertion. She also speaks in a childishly straightforward manner, always using casual language rather than polite 丁寧語 (teineigo) or formal 敬語 (keigo). As such 'kay? is actually a pretty accurate localisation of what she's doing.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Mega64 posted:

So who ended up eating all those cookies?

Probably TC. I hear she LF. (I was actually surprised that wasn't the punchline to that cutscene, with Edge bringing the others back and finding the plate nearly empty).

wateyad
Nov 17, 2007

...dat ass
Episode 78: Terrible Anime Cliche
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-RAW92RpDs

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
This game is such a dismal failure on every possible level. Does it have any redeeming features at all? I sure can't think of any.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
The weirdest thing about this game for me might be how disconnected it feels. Every part of the game is a totally new plot thread that seems to have nothing to do with anything that's happened before it, like they were all written by different people, then incorporated into the game in random order.

wateyad
Nov 17, 2007

...dat ass
It does all add up to a thematic through line but it's a stupid one and you kind of have to look back over the entire game after seeing the ending to see it.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I now see nothing else but the fact that we've been flying around in the U.S.S :stonk: for almost 80 videos.

wateyad
Nov 17, 2007

...dat ass

FeyerbrandX posted:

I now see nothing else but the fact that we've been flying around in the U.S.S :stonk: for almost 80 videos.

More than, if you count the the individual parts of multi-video episodes separately.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My god. Those voice actors deserve their pay just for having to read this poo poo.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Why didn't the Ex-Champion of Space Chess Edge Maverick simply ask one of the other three women on the ship to go into the ladies room to get Sarah's glasses?

XainZero
Feb 16, 2011

How many episodes did it take for you to finally get to En 2 after they suggested "Hey, let's go to En 2"?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

XainZero posted:

How many episodes did it take for you to finally get to En 2 after they suggested "Hey, let's go to En 2"?

It was when we fought the Cardianon and got Bacchus.. So... 40ish episodes? At least.

wateyad
Nov 17, 2007

...dat ass

Mega64 posted:

Why didn't the Ex-Champion of Space Chess Edge Maverick simply ask one of the other three women on the ship to go into the ladies room to get Sarah's glasses?

Because that wouldn't result in a played out stock anime "wacky" "misunderstanding".

XainZero posted:

The first time we selected En II off of the travel menu was in episode 34. I think the in character decision would have happened in 32 but I don't feel like checking in detail right now.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Is it just my imagination or are you guys putting up videos more frequently? Just curious if you're trying to rush this out of the way so you can start BD.

I need to get a new 360 so I can play along.

wateyad
Nov 17, 2007

...dat ass

NikkolasKing posted:

Is it just my imagination or are you guys putting up videos more frequently? Just curious if you're trying to rush this out of the way so you can start BD.

I need to get a new 360 so I can play along.

When we started the thread, I was posting videos every four days to be safe. Eventually we built up a pretty big backlog and I asked if people wanted them more frequently. The result was posting videos every three days with a promise that I'd move to every other day once the numbers indicated that it shouldn't result in a gap in updates. We've finished recording the game now so I've done that. There's still more than a month of this thread left even at this pace though.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

How long IS THIS GAME?!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Too long.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Mega64 posted:

Master Champion of Space Chess Master of Chess Wet Maverick was thinking with his Bishop and thought he could get mated in 2 moves.

Runic Edge
Jan 22, 2010
Edge? You ok there buddy? You uh...

(I put about as much effort into this gif as Tri-ace put into this game's animations)

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
If you take anything away from this game it is that Eizen is indeed much better than any of these characters, and is awesome in general.

Also, yikes @ "there used to be ethnic minorities that didn't marry other races on Earth too"

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

How long IS THIS GAME?!

The better question is how is anyone still alive after that long session to finish everything

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I'm glad I returned Star Ocean Five after playing it for five hours, didn't I? Cause people told me IV is better?

Pork Lift
Oct 9, 2007

Winner of the 2012
:dong: Highway Traffic :dong:
Prediction Razzies

Tae posted:

The better question is how is anyone still alive after that long session to finish everything

If it helps. we're dead inside

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

FeyerbrandX posted:

Master Champion of Space Chess Master of Chess Wet Maverick was thinking with his Bishop and thought he could get mated in 2 moves.

This is wittier writing than anything the game has to offer.

wateyad
Nov 17, 2007

...dat ass
Episode 79: Centropolis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtbVwervyaI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.
Uhh, in the previous episode, did no one pick up on Sarah being inbred as all hell? That might explain a whole lot.

• Locked thread