Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

a.lo posted:

Mario is actually Italian.

Then why does he have an M for Mexico on his hat?

Checkmate athiests

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

eonwe posted:

its insanely stupid to buy a cartridge and have to store 13 gigs on your console

thats what the cartridge is for

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The bigger question is why you've got Callie on your screen but no Marie

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dr Cheeto posted:

The bigger question is why you've got Callie on your screen but no Marie

Because Marie isn't fresh enough for me

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Infinitum posted:

Because Marie isn't fresh enough for me

I'm gonna splash your poo poo

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

he's right

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

eonwe posted:

its insanely stupid to buy a cartridge and have to store 13 gigs on your console

thats what the cartridge is for

This is the only valid response to the cart problem.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

What is the maximum storage size for the carts?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Infinitum posted:

What is the maximum storage size for the carts?

32GB

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

incoherent posted:

I really hope nintendo isn't loving over third parties by charging a profit on the cartridges.

Considering this has been their MO for years it's likely they are.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Has-Been Heroes ain't doing too well in the reviews.

Please be good, Snake Pass :ohdear:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Like this isn't a huge issue for a lot of us, but Ma and Pa Everyman buying Lego Undercover for their kids and having to download 13Gb of extra content sure is some straight up bullllllllllllllpoo poo

Internet required for a single player game is GFWL levels of draconian bullshit.

What happens when the kid wants to take the Switch in the car and play Lego on the backseat?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It's WB Games. Why is anyone surprised?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Pants Donkey posted:

Has-Been Heroes ain't doing too well in the reviews.

Please be good, Snake Pass :ohdear:

I think Snake Pass will be good because at the very least it is charming as hell.
I'm going to buy it because it looks like a fun 3D platformer, and it's cheap.

Has Been Heroes.. nothing I saw made me interested in the game. If you're keen on games like that it'll probably be passable, but past that it's not going to draw in new players to the genre.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I've been sick and had an idea/fever dream for a Waluigi game

Waluigi sneaks into a mueseum to correct the art. This correction is adding Waluigi mustaches and noses on every portrait with a paint brush. Some full moon magic shenanigans happens and he's sucked into abstract Dali like paintings and the game is Waluigi navigating abstract painting landscape levels and using his paintbrush to alter the areas around him to progress and using it to attack enemies in game. Please send me a million dollars and cough medicine, Nintendo

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Waluigi sneaks into a mueseum to correct the art. This correction is adding Waluigi mustaches and noses on every portrait with a paint brush. Some full moon magic shenanigans happens and he's sucked into abstract Dali like paintings and the game is Waluigi navigating abstract painting landscape levels and using his paintbrush to alter the areas around him to progress and using it to attack enemies in game. Please send me a million dollars and cough medicine, Nintendo

would play

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I need a :yeah: but it says "Waa!"

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Infinitum posted:

Like this isn't a huge issue for a lot of us, but Ma and Pa Everyman buying Lego Undercover for their kids and having to download 13Gb of extra content sure is some straight up bullllllllllllllpoo poo

Internet required for a single player game is GFWL levels of draconian bullshit.

What happens when the kid wants to take the Switch in the car and play Lego on the backseat?

Once it's downloaded the kid can play offline fine, I think?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Epic Waaaaaaaaaaa

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

DoctorWhat posted:

Once it's downloaded the kid can play offline fine, I think?

Would suck if they are going on a road trip and say "We bought you this lego game so you can play it in the car" and then it doesn't work because you have to download half the game.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

What's the largest microSD on the market right now?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

SeANMcBAY posted:

256 GB is the highest I've seen

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

SeANMcBAY posted:

Samsung has a 256 GB microSD...but it's also $200

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

SeANMcBAY posted:

You want microSDXC and I believe it's 256. Your looking at $200 or more:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01DOB6YW4/

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

128 gig is the most bang for your buck but if you want more then get this 200 gig sandisk.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00V62XBQQ/

I've put this in my Switch, it works great. A bit more per gig than the 128, but not as insane as the 256.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Mar 28, 2017

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Yeah, right now at 256GB you're getting diminishing returns in gigs-per-dollar. 128 or 200 is where the pricing sweet spot is, for the moment.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I thought it would be higher. The Switch will be dead by the time we get 2TB ones.:lol:

I'm sure most worthwhile 1st party games will be well optimized and not take as much space as that Lego game so 256GB will probably do. I'll wait for a sale on one.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Mar 28, 2017

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
it seems insane to me to allow cartridge games to force a download when you only give people 32 gb of storage. i wonder if this will be widespread

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

SeANMcBAY posted:

Samsung 128GB Evo cards are available at Walmart for between $25-35. I'm probably going to cave and get one tonight. I have been waiting for Best Buy to sell Samsung or Transcend cards for a reasonable price but it looks like Walmart is gonna be the place to go. I don't have Amazon Prime anymore and eBay is filled with too many sketchy cards.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
I also have an idea for a Waluigi game. Get this: Wa-luge-igi.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Stagger_Lee posted:

I also have an idea for a Waluigi game. Get this: Wa-luge-igi.

You had me at "Wa"

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

-Bring back Wrecking Crew and retcon Waluigi in as the star
-Wario Bros arcade-style beat-em-up
-Wa-karaoke

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

SeANMcBAY posted:

I thought it would be higher. The Switch will be dead by the time we get 2TB ones.:lol:

I'm sure most worthwhile 1st party games will be well optimized and not take as much space as that Lego game so 256GB will probably do. I'll wait for a sale on one.

I've been watching Amazon since December in anticipation of getting a deal on one before the Switch came out and no dice. I'm not saying it won't go on sale, but I wouldn't hold my breath. The only thing that will drive the price lower is if a 512 or more becomes commercially viable.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

I have a huge chunk of the Wii U library on digital and used 200GB. Things like Bayonetta 1 & 2, Smash, MK8, Splatoon, Mario 3d World, on and on. And that's without ever deleting anything.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

LethalGeek posted:

I have a huge chunk of the Wii U library on digital and used 200GB. Things like Bayonetta 1 & 2, Smash, MK8, Splatoon, Mario 3d World, on and on. And that's without ever deleting anything.

Same, that's why I don't think we'll need much. Nintendo was really good most of the time about keeping file sizes down for most of their games on Wii U.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Switching memory cards is good

Wendell
May 11, 2003

HyperPuma posted:

it seems insane to me to allow cartridge games to force a download when you only give people 32 gb of storage. i wonder if this will be widespread

Yeah, I'm mad about this.

The Aquabot
Sep 25, 2004
Got my Switch today! I feel bad for you Americans, I could probably buy like 100 of them, they're in stock everywhere in New Zealand. Letting it charge while I muck around and then it's Zelda time! What a fantastic little system, very comfortable to hold, and the joy-con's are awesome, love that you can just use one in each hand or combine them into a traditional controller, very cool.

Ohvee
Jun 17, 2001

Bloodplay it again posted:

Samsung 128GB Evo cards are available at Walmart for between $25-35. I'm probably going to cave and get one tonight. I have been waiting for Best Buy to sell Samsung or Transcend cards for a reasonable price but it looks like Walmart is gonna be the place to go. I don't have Amazon Prime anymore and eBay is filled with too many sketchy cards.
Wow, thanks for the heads up on this! Unless I'm looking at a different card on Amazon there are 2 Walmarts near me with a 128gb evo card beating Amazon's price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I finally found a Link amigo and I used it on BOTW and got some good food and a bow out of it. GOTY.

Can I use these every day or every 24 hours (from use)?

• Locked thread