Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Destiny 2.

2 travelers.

Two destroyed towers. Bannerfall and original?

Septemer 8th release date on the poster.

3 guardians on poster.

8 + 3= 11

September 11.

Cabal responsible for 911?

Time traveling Cabal?

Illuminati confirmed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

The speaker did d2 9/11

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I hope there's a warlock subclass where you get phosphorous grenades and a magical sky drone to take a quest and murderize a Kell wedding

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Maybe we can finally use our space ships. Can't wait to roll out in my Outrageous Fortune and double tap a hive seeder

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

PathAsc posted:

I hope there's a warlock subclass where you get phosphorous grenades and a magical sky drone to take a quest and murderize a Kell wedding

Its a 400 point killstreak

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

CheeseFactory posted:

What if Destiny 2 has too much content?

:ohdear:

No worries there, friend.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Content is what players are expected to create after purchasing rights to access a game nowadays

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

The Meat Dimension posted:

Maybe we can finally use our space ships. Can't wait to roll out in my Outrageous Fortune and double tap a hive seeder

not gonna lie, I saved videos of the cinematics with my character in my preferred gear and ship

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

the good fax machine posted:

No worries there, friend.

That's a relief

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

something something grassy knoll

gonna kill so many things in destwony.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I hope we get to see the traveler's rear end in a top hat in this one

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

So 390 raids only unlock after they've been featured for the week.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

BlindSite posted:

So 390 raids only unlock after they've been featured for the week.

I totally saw that coming.

Bungie will be doing the same for D2. Trickling of content.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
What does that mean? During feature week they're at their original light level? Who the gently caress is going to want to run 170LL Crota for no new gear?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

No it means the 390 version can't be played at all until Bungie unlocks/"features" it.

They just don't want people stacking WORLD FIRST!!!! all on the first Tuesday night. Instead they want it Tuesday night for the next few weeks because it gets them more marketing.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Ohhhh, you're saying we get Crota in week 1, then VoG becomes available in week 2, etc.

I thought you meant there's a week where old-light-level raids were "featured" and then the 390LL went live the next week.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I wonder why Crota is available first though, and not Vault of Glass.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Because people care about VoG more and it will keep them logging in for an extra week or two.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah I want that VoG armor more than the Crota armor.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Yeah i dont doubt its because people were going on about vog more the crota as to why its first.

Crota is still pretty fun though.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

I totally saw that coming.

Bungie will be doing the same for D2. Trickling of content.

At least ttk brought heaps of extra poo poo to do post game with weapon quests, pvp quests and a pretty deece side story with the queen having a little feinting spell.

If D2 follows the same model it should be pretty good.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Ohhhh, you're saying we get Crota in week 1, then VoG becomes available in week 2, etc.

I thought you meant there's a week where old-light-level raids were "featured" and then the 390LL went live the next week.

Yeah, it's a staggered rollout. Week 1 is 390 Crota as the featured raid and no others. Week 2 is 390 vault as the featured raid and you can still play 390 Crota, just without challenge modes and their bonus rewards. Then KF, then WOTM.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
They talked about this in one of the streams this month. (Both the weekly unlocking and why CE first.) I'm paraphrasing here because I can't be bothered to find the quote, but they decided to feature CE first because they felt the changes that were made (fixes/tweaks/whatever) resulted in a better first impression for the reprisal. It sounded like the most amount of work was done on CE.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

BlindSite posted:

At least ttk brought heaps of extra poo poo to do post game with weapon quests, pvp quests and a pretty deece side story with the queen having a little feinting spell.

If D2 follows the same model it should be pretty good.

D2 is headed by the TTK team iirc so yeah, I'm thinking so too.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Wonder what they hosed with then because it wasnt exactly a raid known for being overly hard or having a huge amount of exploits that anyone needed to bother with.

I think even half drunk we did that raid with minimal wipes when i was like level 28.

Eh its always been fun as hell anyway.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

BlindSite posted:

Wonder what they hosed with then because it wasnt exactly a raid known for being overly hard or having a huge amount of exploits that anyone needed to bother with.

I think even half drunk we did that raid with minimal wipes when i was like level 28.

Eh its always been fun as hell anyway.

I didn't get the impression they went crazy with changes, just that the end result represented the biggest difference amongst all four. (Even if it's not radically different.) If you think about it, it makes sense: WOTM and KF are more modern raids and need little, if any, touching. VoG didn't have as many rough edges as CE.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
If anything CE is too easy, it can be soloed without too much trouble and half the areas have bypass exploits.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
A second traveler has struck the tower

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

haveblue posted:

If anything CE is too easy, it can be soloed without too much trouble and half the areas have bypass exploits.

I'd like to see them polish the end of the Deathsinger encounter. It's boring as poo poo to clean up all those yellow knights.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Menstrual Show posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Destiny 2 - A Second Traveler Has Hit the Tower

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

A second traveler has struck the tower

Noice

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

haveblue posted:

I'm under the impression that that's what they fixed this time around, but who knows...

Mikey-San posted:

I'd like to see them polish the end of the Deathsinger encounter. It's boring as poo poo to clean up all those yellow knights.

I tried soloing CE a few months ago and I couldn't get past the death singer. Not sure if they mentioned this in previous updates or not, but the liturgy of ruin activates waaaaay faster than it used to. I kept running out of time before I could put any real damage on her.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Xur did the Nine/11

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

el B posted:

I tried soloing CE a few months ago and I couldn't get past the death singer. Not sure if they mentioned this in previous updates or not, but the liturgy of ruin activates waaaaay faster than it used to. I kept running out of time before I could put any real damage on her.

I soloed Crota's End a few months back as a Titan for Flawless Raider and I thought Death Singer was simple enough to take care of. When you enter Crota's chamber, you jump up the wall to the left, dip into the left chamber to kill the death gem and bait out the witch, run to the back left upper chamber to avoid the death blast and take out the witch from afar (or maybe it was bait out the witch first then kill the gem) and then you circle around the back of the room to the upper right chamber to avoid aggroing the Death Singer, then you repeat the process with the right chamber. When the Liturgy begins, you run in the chamber, jump on the sarcophagus facing the center chamber and, if the Death Singer didn't get aggroed, you can just dump some sniper rounds into her head from atop the sarcophagus to kill her. It took me a few tries to get it down right because sometimes I'd move incorrectly and the Death Singer would move away from her default position and I'd be hosed. It was kind of tricky though to get down.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Policenaut posted:

I soloed Crota's End a few months back as a Titan for Flawless Raider and I thought Death Singer was simple enough to take care of. When you enter Crota's chamber, you jump up the wall to the left, dip into the left chamber to kill the death gem and bait out the witch, run to the back left upper chamber to avoid the death blast and take out the witch from afar (or maybe it was bait out the witch first then kill the gem) and then you circle around the back of the room to the upper right chamber to avoid aggroing the Death Singer, then you repeat the process with the right chamber. When the Liturgy begins, you run in the chamber, jump on the sarcophagus facing the center chamber and, if the Death Singer didn't get aggroed, you can just dump some sniper rounds into her head from atop the sarcophagus to kill her. It took me a few tries to get it down right because sometimes I'd move incorrectly and the Death Singer would move away from her default position and I'd be hosed. It was kind of tricky though to get down.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Light can't melt steel beams.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
we're getting reports that the tower has Fallen

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

yeah that's how i felt after spending so much time on it

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I just had a flakka smoothie. Wish me luck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

Enter Flakka, the new bath salts, which are causing the people who take them to believe they are being pursued by dangerous murders, or other people (and sometimes animal delusions have been reported) and bestow substance abusers with superhuman strength, and chronic paranoia and aggression. One user commented flakka was “$5 insanity.”

:stare:

bro, just find some cocaine, god drat

• Locked thread