Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
All the shows are good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
All the episodes, too

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Hace posted:

All the shows are good

Hace posted:

All the episodes, too

Especially the gas leak episode

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Agreed but most of the modern eps.

Yeah, I've been tuning back in after taking a break for like a year and it's definitely not as funny to me as they used to be, but I don't listen to any other podcasts and they're still good enough so I'll keep going.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

tbh eps 1-500 is what i will stole in my doomsday vault.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

birds posted:

I've decided I'm going to skip listening to the live shows. They just don't do it for me. Does anyone else feel this way? Seems like it's more of a you had to have been there type of thing because I've been to a few and they're great.

I always skip them. they make me nervous for some reason

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Biodome posted:

Yeah, I've been tuning back in after taking a break for like a year and it's definitely not as funny to me as they used to be, but I don't listen to any other podcasts and they're still good enough so I'll keep going.

Jah started getting high before every episode and it's hurt the quality imo. He can't really contribute much besides laughing at Seth, and Seth I guess is compensating by exaggerating his rants to a huge degree.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

I always skip them. they make me nervous for some reason

lol

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

i think im only gonna listen to the marcia eps from here on out

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

Matey posted:

i think im only gonna listen to the marcia eps from here on out

I'm waiting for the Jon Hamm episode, personally

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
I think it went downhill since they fired Jennifer

birds
Jun 28, 2008

little munchkin posted:

Jah started getting high before every episode and it's hurt the quality imo. He can't really contribute much besides laughing at Seth, and Seth I guess is compensating by exaggerating his rants to a huge degree.

This explains a lot. How did you find this out?

Edit: Cause I just assumed he was high from the beginning.

birds fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Mar 28, 2017

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
uyd is great

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

muydga

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
UYD is good but there was a shift to "everything sucks and is bad" + seth rants over the past two years that can get a little tiresome. The tone of the show is especially weird when the Patreon has been a success.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I like UYD but I started a full series binge a few years ago and it's been brutal ever since they went to two eps a week. I'm on 530 and I'm so close but it's just like slow down every once in a while guys.

You can also hear definite shifts in how the show feels over time too.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Seltzer posted:

UYD is good but there was a shift to "everything sucks and is bad" + seth rants over the past two years that can get a little tiresome. The tone of the show is especially weird when the Patreon has been a success.

Everything is bad and sucks though

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

birds posted:

This explains a lot. How did you find this out?

Edit: Cause I just assumed he was high from the beginning.

Nah, he was supposedly stone sober for the first year or so (since he was a teenager apparently). There's an episode where he talks about breaking his sobriety, but apparently now he's not drinking for a bit after this last episode.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Seltzer posted:

I've been listening since 2007 and Seth has always been cynical as hell. If anything Jah has changed the most.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Seth used to do lot of reading ridiculous things like bad poetry or country music or Craigslist or whatever in a very mundain straight faced way and it was always really really funny. Now he always does a goofy voice or breaks into a screaming rant halfway through

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

maybe if his team won the superbowl he wouldn't be so mad all the time !!

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
The last two live EPs were great. Jonathan lighting his legs on fire is insane. I do not know how a person can still have stories I have not heard over 10 years. I'd run out of interesting stories in about an hour.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Cool crowd. Gets all upset over the word "fruit" but then cheers and applauds Jonathan's drunk driving

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Trunko posted:

Cool crowd. Gets all upset over the word "fruit" but then cheers and applauds Jonathan's drunk driving

Welcome to white america.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
The whole VR segment in the second Brooklyn show was funny as hell, even if Seth got some screeching in.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Yikes. Just heard the fruit segment. That was rough.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
I think the past couple episodes, and the last years in general, have been superb. I was even thinking during the drunk driving stop description that I hoped it would be a wakeup call for Jah. Seems it was.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
Haven't listened to all of the 2nd Brooklyn show yet but I wouldn't even consider 'fruit' a hateful word. It's not like 'queer' or 'human being' or 'dyke'. I think PC-minded people really need to chill out on that stuff, especially coming from 2 dudes who do a comedy podcast and have never preached any hate whatsoever

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

This is in the context of Jonathan doing that horrible ching chong voice only a few months ago. They (mostly Jonathan) say some bad stuff sometimes and I don't think there's anything wrong with pointing that out.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Every white person is only a few months away from their last racial transgression though.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Sometimes Jah makes me a bit sad

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
Jonathan must have an impish desire to provoke overly sensitive people in the audience, judging by his frantic laughter right after he says stuff like that. he knows he's going to get yelled at. People have come into this very thread and posted offended walls of text about their off-color jokes and its really silly

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Haverchuck posted:

Jonathan must have an impish desire to provoke overly sensitive people in the audience, judging by his frantic laughter right after he says stuff like that. he knows he's going to get yelled at. People have come into this very thread and posted offended walls of text about their off-color jokes and its really silly

the girlfriend getting made about jah quoting rap lyrics was great

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
I used to be mad-ish at Jah for comments he made but not anymore. It was super judgmental of me and the guy means no harm. I've got Much better things to do with my life than get Mad at a guy that made me laughs and be happy so many Times.

Odddzy fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Mar 30, 2017

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Jah: "What about fruitcake, is that okay?"

Lady in audience: "Nooo!"

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
I just told this story at Plan B

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Yeah I don't think Jah is at all trying to be hateful, he just seems really interested in treading the line of being controversial. He says stuff I probably wouldn't say (and don't endorse) but it's pretty clear the guy's neither a racist or a homophobe so it's hard to get upset about. I'd like it if he stopped, but I don't really see that happening any time soon.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Biodome posted:

Jah: "What about fruitcake, is that okay?"

Lady in audience: "Nooo!"

People like that lady or a few in this thread only correct others' verbiage for attention or to assert some moral superiority. If the guy says it jokingly and is obviously not doing it out of hate people just need to stfu

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Caper posted:

People like that lady or a few in this thread only correct others' verbiage for attention or to assert some moral superiority. If the guy says it jokingly and is obviously not doing it out of hate people just need to stfu

Actually you need to check your privilege.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
This concept that certain words and topics are not allowed in comedy is such puritanical bullshit