Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Spacebump posted:

Why do Nintendo fans fall for "leaks" like this?

Because they are children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Nobody knows if that's the case. It comes from a poster on NEOGaf and they came to the conclusion that the Switch version doesn't have a Time Trial mode because it isn't in the eshop description

Well embargo is 9am tomorrow. I'm rooting for Switch. But 60fps definitely beats portability and my desire to increase my library on the console.

Here's hoping... :)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hollow Knight just got a perfect 10 over on Destructoid, which is very good news for whenever it launches on the Switch cause I loves me some Metroidvanias.

It's a goon game as well from memory

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Infinitum posted:

Hollow Knight just got a perfect 10 over on Destructoid, which is very good news for whenever it launches on the Switch cause I loves me some Metroidvanias.

It's a goon game as well from memory

Perfect 10 for pc. I hope it holds up on Switch. I want this!!

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

eonwe posted:

its insanely stupid to buy a cartridge and have to store 13 gigs on your console

thats what the cartridge is for

No, the cartridge is for licking

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!

Sam Faust posted:

It's totally fake, but I could see doing a HD remake of TTYD using the color splash engine.

Finally, Goombella looks like the featureless Toad that she was always meant to be

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Spacebump posted:

Why do Nintendo fans fall for "leaks" like this?

Because Nintendo actual news releases are few and far between.

You might say they WANT to believe.

The truth is out there.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

zenintrude posted:

Anyone wanting Zelda Special Edition may want to check Prime Now

https://imgur.com/a/hqv1d

I thought this included the Switch as well at first glance (mobile)

too good to be true

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Remember the last time 4Chan leaked Switch news and it turned out to be correct?

Grain of salt, etc

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I don't find Paper Mario very good or fun, so that would be a shame but yay for Mario Maker

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Infinitum posted:

Remember the last time 4Chan leaked Switch news and it turned out to be correct?

Grain of salt, etc

Is this real?

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
Sucks about the Lego City port, really did seem like a cheap out, especially when they're still huckstering a Wii U launch game on the Switch for $60 and then couldn't even get the proper sized carts.

That, or the transfer speed on those carts are nowhere near as good as we thought they would be and the split was more to create a dual source loading scheme kinda like the Xenoblade Chronicles X data packs. (Which btw, when are we getting a 1080p Switch port of that?)

Another thing that's been bugging me is that MK8 Deluxe is very first time a Mario Kart game has crossed console generations, are we still going to get a MK9 one day or is MK8D going to be the Switch's one and only Mario Kart? It's like the best one yet, sure, but it would be nice to know if there was something more in the future.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

SeANMcBAY posted:

Is this real?

Yes. It was leaked before the Switch reveal presentation.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Infinitum posted:

Yes. It was leaked before the Switch reveal presentation.

It was leaked like the night before or morning of. Not days in advance.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Not too fond of the precedent Lego City install sets.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Are we sure you need to install when you own the card? I'm not putting it past WB games but...

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Junkie Disease posted:

Are we sure you need to install when you own the card? I'm not putting it past WB games but...

It says that on the back of the box for the physical release so it sounds like it.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Junkie Disease posted:

There were screenshots of the front and back of the box saying internet connection required and must have 13GB of space or whatever. So yeah, pretty sure.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
It could just be the worst save file coding ever

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

lmao I'm usually super unlucky when it comes to rng anything but despite not really getting interested in Binding of Isaac despite playing it on PC before I just randomly decided to get the game for Switch and beat Mom on the first run I did.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I have no doubt of Mario Maker Switch being a thing but I hope it still lets you post and view comments on courses. That was a big part of the fun.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Phantasium posted:

lmao I'm usually super unlucky when it comes to rng anything but despite not really getting interested in Binding of Isaac despite playing it on PC before I just randomly decided to get the game for Switch and beat Mom on the first run I did.

gj! you got lotsa bosses left

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Just playing Devils advocate here, Boxes can be wrong. I have a Copy of 3ds'
Resident Evil Revelaitons

And carts do cost money. But the price for similar media is dropping like a rock.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Maybe they will release the newest Star Fox on Switch but without the crappy controls

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The front of the box saying the game Needs an internet connection makes me think that yeah, the obligatory 13 gig install is obligatory. Since cart and patch put together make for a gig more than the Wii U version's file size, i'm guessing it's entirely a way to cut production costs. It was gonna take producing 32 gig carts to make the physical version, next best was 16 and force a 4-5 gig install and WB opted for 8 and a 13 gig install.

I really hope most companies don't use this as a production cost-cutting measure.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
at least it will probably be discounted since they didnt have to pay for bigger sd cards

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

HyperPuma posted:

at least it will probably be discounted since they didnt have to pay for bigger sd cards

Haha, this guy's got jokes.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

WB does have a history of paving the way for stupid

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

HyperPuma posted:

From 70 to 59.99USD$, sure

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

buy this $60 dollar game oh yeaah you better have an internet connection.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

a.lo posted:

Kids do you even know downloadin?
I hope the Cart is just a Manual.pdf

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

a.lo posted:

How did this argument escape from 2007

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

deadwing posted:

Nintendo and their fanboys are both stuck a decade in the past.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

deadwing posted:

It's a bit different considering the mobile nature of Switch. Of course we don't know if it needs internet always it just for the install.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Is there a source for the "bigger carts cost devs more money" claims or is it wild speculation?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
that leak would have been reasonably plausible if not for the paper mario bit

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

deadwing posted:

To be fair, their point makes sense when you consider we're talking about solid state storage, not discs. It's purely greed on the part of WB in order to make more per unit. I think it's a pretty scummy way to push the cost of production onto the consumer and will likely lead to other, larger publishers doing the same thing to their multiplatform titles. Definitely is not a good precedent to be setting, even if you are 100% into digital purchases. I have many friends who live in the boonies and must use 4-5GB data/month tethered to their cell phones because broadband isn't available. This can't be instilling consumer confidence with rural Switch owners regarding third-party titles in future.

edit: And WB Games doesn't even have contact info other than a piddly online support form or social media, so good luck calling them out on their lovely practices. :rolleyes:

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Stan Taylor posted:

Is there a source for the "bigger carts cost devs more money" claims or is it wild speculation?

How can it not cost more than a blueray? On the other hand there is no way this could have been a portable blueray player.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Kirios posted:

Nintendo and their fanboys are both stuck a decade in the past.

You are dumb, idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Bloodplay it again posted:

To be fair, their point makes sense when you consider we're talking about solid state storage, not discs. It's purely greed on the part of WB in order to make more per unit. I think it's a pretty scummy way to push the cost of production onto the consumer and will likely lead to other, larger publishers doing the same thing to their multiplatform titles. Definitely is not a good precedent to be setting, even if you are 100% into digital purchases. I have many friends who live in the boonies and must use 4-5GB data/month tethered to their cell phones because broadband isn't available. This can't be instilling consumer confidence with rural Switch owners regarding third-party titles in future.

edit: And WB Games doesn't even have contact info other than a piddly online support form or social media, so good luck calling them out on their lovely practices. :rolleyes:

Send your gently caress Yous to https://twitter.com/wbgames?lang=en

• Locked thread