Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

sunday at work posted:

I think the perceived problem they are trying to "fix" is randoms not coordinating / making it easier to play by yourself.

"Players aren't using teamwork. Let's make it more pointless to work together."

Yay my piloting skills have advanced to the point where I can consistently hit AA guns. I got one guy 6 times in a row before he quit out.

At least switch guns pubbies

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Mar 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
PS4 krew I sent a request to battlegoons, my names breastler if ya'll want a medic.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
So I picked this game up recently at the urging of a co-worker, and it's my first time playing one of these muli-player FPS, how do I not suck at it?

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Patrick Spens posted:

So I picked this game up recently at the urging of a co-worker, and it's my first time playing one of these muli-player FPS, how do I not suck at it?

Just keep playing. Remember, most people have been playing online FPS games for years now - personally, I've been playing online shooters in one form or another for...15 years now? So yeah. Keep playing.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Patrick Spens posted:

Always let your teammates go in first

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

You up for some serious plastic surgery?
Use the 10A Hunter and never aim down sight

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Patrick Spens posted:

Just keep playing, this is the first FPS I've played with any level of seriousness since the counter strike 1.6 days of the early/mid 00's and I was absolute dogshit at it for the first couple of months. Now I can fairly consistently place in the top 5 of a match with a positive KDR.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Pretend like it's your actual real life and you won't die.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Pretend like it's your actual real life and you won't die.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

Patrick Spens posted:

I'd suggest messing with your settings while playing, so you can really get a feel for what works for you. Also increase your map size, the default is super small.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

Patrick Spens posted:

Def try messing with the deadzone settings if you feel like the sticks are giving you a hard time with aiming

I also turned off autoaim(both snap&rotate) until I got happy with my stick sensitivities because at first it would actually screw up a lot of my shots. You wanna be abusing autoaim, not relying on it, if that makes sense

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Accidentally hit B while in queue

"You will lose your place in queue, do you wish to continue?"

A for Yes, B for No.

I hit B because no, I do not wish to continue leaving. I want to stay in queue. Turns out that "do you wish to continue" refers to being in queue.

Hire some loving UX designers.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
"All right, everyone get on top of the light tank and we'll ride to B. This is gonna be awesome!"

http://i.imgur.com/jBJEdsv.gifv

EDIT: Fearlessly facing down the cavalry charge:

http://i.imgur.com/spbm46s.gifv

TheOneAndOnlyT fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Mar 25, 2017

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Battlefield has the best random moments. I was on Monte grappa and saw a particularly beat up bomber over head so I hip fired a shot at it with my Martini Henry. I actually managed to hit it and it exploded which gave me a double kill. I tried to record by my ps4 is dumb and didn't capture it. Unrelated to battlefield but corn love forever is an amazing theme, I laugh everytime I go to the home screen.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

"All right, everyone get on top of the light tank and we'll ride to B. This is gonna be awesome!"

Sorry I switched on Sinai, but I noticed we had one flag, and 10 or so of our teammates were arranged in a horsehoe pattern around D, sniping and nowhere near cap range. So I switched so I could dart bomb them repeatedly from the sky. And I accomplished that

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Mar 25, 2017

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Oh God if I was the assault who laid that mine and saw that, I would have died in a fit of maniacal laughter!

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity

Finger Prince posted:

Oh God if I was the assault who laid that mine and saw that, I would have died in a fit of maniacal laughter!

He's looking right at that line of mines after mounting the tank!

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

Sorry to the goon that I ditched last night, PSN just didn't want to work for me!

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Sioux posted:

...the gently caress?? :psyduck:

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I choose to believe that they are really that stupid.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Sorry I switched on Sinai, but I noticed we had one flag, and 10 or so of our teammates were arranged in a horsehoe pattern around D, sniping and nowhere near cap range. So I switched so I could dart bomb them repeatedly from the sky. And I accomplished that
Good man.

Finger Prince posted:

Sioux posted:

I honestly don't know how I didn't see them. But we were all laughing our asses off when we blew up anyway :v:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Good man.

I honestly don't know how I didn't see them. But we were all laughing our asses off when we blew up anyway :v:

Too loving funny.
I got confused by Sioux' post and thought he was saying you had laid the mines yourself, hence the :psyduck:.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I always have a good laugh when I randomly get a multikill from mines I placed earlier on. But drat so many pubbies don't use them that they sometimes take me by surprise, even when placed in obvious locations.

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010
two horses, one truck
#warcrimes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwjvXOmOgQg

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

took that second horse halfway to the glue factory

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
I started a ps4 battlegoons party if anyone is on. Feel free to join

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Murder all snipers.

http://i.imgur.com/Zag8A4W.gifv

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
has :dice: said how often they'll be rotating melee pieces into the battlepack list? im at 4/5 on the bartek and i dont want to hold on to a poo poo ton of scrap as pieces if im never going to be able to complete it

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
What's the best way to take down aircraft? it seems that every conquest match i enter, whomever has the competent pilots always wins. I'm not good enough to dog fight to take them down (i usually end up flying straight into the ground or shot down by another plane immediately). If i jump into an AA gun, they don't do enough damage in one pass to even disable them, and i'd usually get bombed as they're flying over.

It's really frustrating to constantly get carpet bombed and being able to do nothing about it

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Floofy posted:

What's the best way to take down aircraft? it seems that every conquest match i enter, whomever has the competent pilots always wins. I'm not good enough to dog fight to take them down (i usually end up flying straight into the ground or shot down by another plane immediately). If i jump into an AA gun, they don't do enough damage in one pass to even disable them, and i'd usually get bombed as they're flying over.

It's really frustrating to constantly get carpet bombed and being able to do nothing about it

Get good with the AA gun. Lead your targets. Learn the maps so you know where all the AA gun emplacements are for when you get blown up. Unless it was nerfed again in the last patch (I've been sucked into neverwinter and haven't played recently), you should be able to take down anyone below skylord level with one. Even the skylords should be driven off if they're constantly getting bombarded whenever they enter your range.
Oh and, like anything worthwhile in this game, accept that you will die lots, and one vehicle kill is worth 10 or more suicidal failed attempts on your part.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED

Finger Prince posted:

Get good with the AA gun. Lead your targets. Learn the maps so you know where all the AA gun emplacements are for when you get blown up. Unless it was nerfed again in the last patch (I've been sucked into neverwinter and haven't played recently), you should be able to take down anyone below skylord level with one. Even the skylords should be driven off if they're constantly getting bombarded whenever they enter your range.
Oh and, like anything worthwhile in this game, accept that you will die lots, and one vehicle kill is worth 10 or more suicidal failed attempts on your part.

In true :dice: fashion, yes, they've once again nerfed the AA. it no longer gives damage wobble to the plane and they essentially halfed it's range, rendering them utterly useless.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Last time I was in a game with a dominating pilot I got frustrated and spawned an AA party truck and shot him down almost immediately. It was incredibly satisfying and then I was useless the rest of the game because the AA party truck doesn't have much use otherwise.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

Floofy posted:

what type of planes keep bombing you while you're on AA?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

lambskin posted:

what type of planes keep bombing you while you're on AA?

trench fighters

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

yeah they can be tricky buggers, especially if there is a group of them. Only takes a few direct hits to severely damage one though. Bombers and attack planes have potential to take them out, but they're so slow you can only kill unaware dudes usually.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Floofy posted:

Don't start shooting until they're too close to get away. I pay attention to the map, and if I see someone on the flak cannon, I'm going to make it my primary mission to take them out.

So the longer you're trying for far off to medium shots, the more likely it is I'm going to notice you and dive bomb you. And it's a really, really easy kill in the trench fighter..

I also play with an almost max size minimap with all the stationary icons at max size, so don't wait while on the AA gun, because I'll notice the grey icon isn't there.

If your team's pilots are being outmatched by the other team though, sitting on an AA gun can really help them. You may not take the plane out, but you'll get it off their tail, which means they get another try at the guy. Most pubbies are loving idiots though so unless you're in the same squad as a pilot with a mic YMMV.

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Mar 28, 2017

red19fire
May 26, 2010

The key with AA is to wait until they're close enough on approach that even if they try to fly away you can still fire at least 2 belts in total while they're trying to escape, if that makes sense.

Or if you can find a goon bro or reasonably not-useless pubby, man 2 AA's at adjacent points and mow down any plane that comes between you.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Mar 28, 2017

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I loving cracked and bought the season pass. Have to say that it is good. Better than any other dlc they've churned out.

The operations are very intense, especially the one that is wave after wave of French tin cans.I'm thinking that the operations alone will make this dlc pack worth coming back to in 2-3 months.

Also I got a gently caress load of battlepacks....

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Yeah they give away like 12 battle packs.

Battle packs are dumb in BF1 though so I never open mine and have like 27 just sitting there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
dope skins and the additional stunting they allow are the most important part of the game