Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

iospace posted:

Hey guys, want 4000 FC, 5 rare candies, and a love ball?

Hatch 200k eggs. Well, help anyway. You have to contribute 3.

Only 200k? These Global Missions really show that GF has no idea what their fanbase does in its spare time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

They're lowballing on purpose. I for one welcome it.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Also new competition details up: https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/information/2264176e-fe49-4c1b-99c6-c970d74d8ae9

Alolan dex only doubles. No megas or the usual legendaries.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
It's basically the same format as the last doubles tournament. Prizes are Sceptilite and Blazikenite, for the record.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

iospace posted:

Also new competition details up: https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/information/2264176e-fe49-4c1b-99c6-c970d74d8ae9

You mean what VGC2017 should have been from the start?

E: nvm, they don't consider UBs and tapus legendary.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Crosspeice posted:

Only 200k? These Global Missions really show that GF has no idea what their fanbase does in its spare time.

The last one passed ~60 times over, this is the one that's going to pass 100 times over...

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Just checked, it's over 128k. I think for the last time it already had passed that amount.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

iospace posted:

Hey good, Team Dancing Queens can have an encore performance!

Or maybe I should get off my lazy rear end and breed a Trick Room team, as I have been meaning to do for awhile now...

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

iospace posted:

Hey guys, want 4000 FC, 5 rare candies, and a love ball?

Hatch 200k eggs. Well, help anyway. You have to contribute 3.

Oh good, I forgot to actually get online to register my results for the last global mission so I missed out on a giant chunk of FC. Maybe I can actually remember to do it this time. :v:

iospace posted:

Oh, nice, I got a decent doubles team halfway done for the Battle of Alola. Maybe I can actually get it done in time for this one!

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I still haven't spent any of the last 4000

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I spend it all at the Rare Kitchen. Nothing else makes a dent.

So, this doubles event... I'm not real familiar with the Tapu sets people run--how likely is it that a STAB Z- Power Gunk Shot would take them out?

E: from Muk, since there isn't anything else tournament legal that can run it besides Trubbish and Muk's got better attack stats.

Rangpur fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Mar 28, 2017

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Are there any tutors for the more regular moves, like the elemental punches?
I'm wanting to give at least Ice Punch to my Nidoking, since I prefer him as a physical attacker over a special one, but, I can't find anyone to teach it.
Hell, I think my Mimikyu is the only one on my team whose moveset IS complete/halfway ideal.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

the_steve posted:

Are there any tutors for the more regular moves, like the elemental punches?
I'm wanting to give at least Ice Punch to my Nidoking, since I prefer him as a physical attacker over a special one, but, I can't find anyone to teach it.
Hell, I think my Mimikyu is the only one on my team whose moveset IS complete/halfway ideal.

No they nicely decided to completely leave out move tutors. Which cuts down on the amount of Stealth Rocks and Toxic Spikes, but also cuts down the moves non-boring pokemon can use.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

DizzyBum posted:

Oh, nice, I got a decent doubles team halfway done for the Battle of Alola. Maybe I can actually get it done in time for this one!

I'm debating if I want to use Team Participation Trophy again or actually try this time.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

FishBulb posted:

I still haven't spent any of the last 4000

The big FC bonuses are great for free plaza ranks. Sit in the castle, do a wonder trade, get 2 FC, rank up, roll on a new stand and pray for a good 5-star, repeat until you've exhausted all your pending rank-ups.

Jithendra
May 23, 2009

Rangpur posted:

I spend it all at the Rare Kitchen. Nothing else makes a dent.

So, this doubles event... I'm not real familiar with the Tapu sets people run--how likely is it that a STAB Z- Power Gunk Shot would take them out?

E: from Muk, since there isn't anything else tournament legal that can run it besides Trubbish and Muk's got better attack stats.

252+ Atk Muk-Alola Acid Downpour (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tapu Fini: 384-452 (111.6 - 131.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Muk-Alola Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tapu Fini: 242-288 (70.3 - 83.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Tapu Fini is the bulkiest of the Tapus and even the physically bulkiest Fini can't live Muk's Acid Downpour, so I don't think you need to worry about them surviving. People usually run Gluttony Figy berries on Muk too so they probably won't expect it. The only thing you might need to worry about is if they're holding a Focus Sash, or if they protect or switch out.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I can't speak to any of the others, but literally every Tapu Fini I've encountered online is holding Leftovers.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Rangpur posted:

I can't speak to any of the others, but literally every Tapu Fini I've encountered online is holding Leftovers.

nothing runs leftovers in doubles

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Rangpur posted:

I've only ever seen one Fini online, and it just used Aqua Ring instead. The way Arceus intended. And then fainted next turn anyway. :shrug:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Ruggington posted:

Doubles is already a full course meal

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

FishBulb posted:

So hey what's the deal with the tv show. When is it supposed to start again? Disney aired 2 episodes months ago and that's it. My kid keeps bugging me and it doesn't seem like they've aired any more?!

I know that the rest of the dub (episode 3 and beyond) is going to start airing on April 1st... In Canada. :shepface:

I've also noticed that they also replaced the music in re-airings of first two episodes with the generic background music... which isn't encouraging.

bradybunch
Jun 14, 2006

I have no idea how to make a doubles team. What are some good combos that don't include the tapu cause those look dumb. I hear oranguru and arcannine are good friends

bradybunch fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Mar 29, 2017

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Ruggington posted:

I thought some Milotic kits did

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

bradybunch posted:

I have no idea how to make a doubles team. What are some good combos that don't include the tape cause those look dumb. I hear oranguru and arcannine are good friends

Amateur advice ahead!: Either just look at past VGC streams to get some team ideas. Or if you want to try to not use the same Genie/Weather Wars teams as the pros, just think of what compliments each other. 'this guy sets up thing, pokemon 2 uses that to their advantage, and can use it in the same turn as the set up.' Stuff like that. Or just use someone that can use a gimmick like a Helping Hand, or a Wide Guard there to support them. Consider pokemon that have literally no offensive capabilities, but just support the other spot on your team that will be out with them too. I have seen a few Smeargle and Hitmontop that do stuff like that. And plus Hitmontop does the dougie without using up a move slot.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

bradybunch posted:

I have no idea how to make a doubles team. What are some good combos that don't include the tape cause those look dumb. I hear oranguru and arcannine are good friends
Trick Room Oranguru & Drought Torkoal. Turn 1 set Trick Room. Turn 2 use Instruct to fire off Eruption twice in 1 turn.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

speaking of not knowing how to make doubles teams, I also have bad luck thinking of things that seem to work together.

Of common mons, I've thought about using things like Pheromosa and Arcanine and adding ones that I personally like

For example I've been considering a very defensive Tsareena because She can learn useful support moves like Rapid spin and Trop kick lowers their attack by one, good for predicting offensive switch ins, works better when you can also U-Turn into Arcanine's Intimidate.

Other good utility moves She learns are Aromatherapy and Reflect/Light Screen

Dizz fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Mar 29, 2017

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Can't check right now cause I'm at work, but from what Serebii tweets did we already finish the egg hatching Global Mission?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

OgreNoah posted:

No they nicely decided to completely leave out move tutors. Which cuts down on the amount of Stealth Rocks and Toxic Spikes, but also cuts down the moves non-boring pokemon can use.

:negative:
Yeah, that right fucks me on Nidoking then. I had him all prepped for learning Fire and Ice Punch.
My only options now then would be to either breed and raise one specced for Sp. Atk, find two other decent physical moves that offer some good coverage, or replace him on the team with someone else.

Right now, I'm trying to go with Charizard, Scizor, Snorlax, Mimikyu, Nidoking and Mega Gyarados. Not even sure who else I would want to use in his place.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Kikas posted:

Can't check right now cause I'm at work, but from what Serebii tweets did we already finish the egg hatching Global Mission?

Given it was more than half finished yesterday and the target was absurdly low, I have no doubt of it

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

CubeTheory posted:

I thought some Milotic kits did

you'll get freaking arrested if they catch you with that

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Kikas posted:

At least twice over, in fact.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/846967619236319232

As of six hours ago, we've already passed the bonus goal. So it took 30 hours out of the 2 weeks they gave us to make it.

If we keep this pace up (450,000 eggs every 30 hours), over a 2 week period, we'll hatch over 5 million.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Crosspeice posted:

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/846967619236319232

As of six hours ago, we've already passed the bonus goal. So it took 30 hours out of the 2 weeks they gave us to make it.

If we keep this pace up (450,000 eggs every 30 hours), over a 2 week period, we'll hatch over 5 million.

How many of those get released because they don't have perfect IVs, you monsters.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Zuzie posted:

I know that the rest of the dub (episode 3 and beyond) is going to start airing on April 1st... In Canada. :shepface:

I've also noticed that they also replaced the music in re-airings of first two episodes with the generic background music... which isn't encouraging.

I've accepted that the dub won't keep background music because ??? at this point.

I just wish TPCI would make official subs or strike a deal with Crunchyroll or something. But that'll never happen.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

https://pastebin.com/ujsiMkWj

Hastily created up a vgc team while i had the free time. Will try to get a few games later today. I appreciate any feedback on improving the team.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

If I want to breed a 'mon with a hidden ability, is it possible for the father to pass the ability along, or does it have to come from the mother?

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

The Zombie Guy posted:

If I want to breed a 'mon with a hidden ability, is it possible for the father to pass the ability along, or does it have to come from the mother?

The father can pass it down, but only when the mother is a Ditto.

neon flame
Feb 21, 2013

Apparently Dan is a sex symbol in France.

I've just started Pokemon Moon, and I'm wondering why every single Pokemon on the GTS wants a legendary or super-rare pokemon in exchange. Since I work all day I figured it would be easier to trade for a Spinarak and Rattata then fiddle with my DS time, but everybody wants Mewtwo for them. Am I missing something here? I found the 'filter out legendary requests' button, but that doesn't help when people want Charizard.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Lost Generation posted:

I've just started Pokemon Moon, and I'm wondering why every single Pokemon on the GTS wants a legendary or super-rare pokemon in exchange. Since I work all day I figured it would be easier to trade for a Spinarak and Rattata then fiddle with my DS time, but everybody wants Mewtwo for them. Am I missing something here? I found the 'filter out legendary requests' button, but that doesn't help when people want Charizard.

All the good trades get snatched up quickly, try depositing a pocket monster instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Lost Generation posted:

Try your luck at wonder trade, that's all I can suggest.