Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Listened to like 30 minutes of TAZ Nights 2, and Travis sucks at DMing. He's not even doing voices. "Here's the mission you gotta go on and here's a bunch of maps the audience can't see."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/femfreq/status/846529491295883264
lmao

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Anita, I'm usually in your corner, but I'm gonna need you to chill just a bit.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Waffleman_ posted:

Anita, I'm usually in your corner, but I'm gonna need you to chill just a bit.

Nah she's right

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
Before I really listened to anything else McEl I listened to an episode of Sawbones and 10 minutes in I got annoyed over something and didn't give it another shot, maybe I'll hop back into it sometime.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Nick's tweet was weird and a lil tacky even in the context of 'saying knowingly joking stuff on a page where he assumes people following him are in on the joke' but in the context of 'here is what a games journalist chooses to put out there to the public' I can't really argue against going "what the gently caress, are we still pulling this poo poo in 2017" in response.

either way, dude should really make an after dark account or something

Serf
May 5, 2011

I thought Nick's tweet was funny as hell, but humor is highly subjective. Especially on the internet where tone is not so easily conveyed.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I mean poo poo, I was like 23 when that game came out. Nick is like a decade younger than me, maybe everyone really did jerk off to Krystal from star fox. I don't know. I'm not here to judge the formative experience of a generation.

purple death ray fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Mar 28, 2017

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I just thought it was funny that Nick's silly tweet resulted in the most humorless person in the world reiterating that no one in their office is attracted to the video game fox

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
"He's making fun of bad video game fans by doing the same thing they do but ironically. You can tell it's ironic because and . Anyone objecting is humorless, and probably also an ugly lesbo. Furthermore,"

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

HolePisser1982 posted:

I just thought it was funny that Nick's silly tweet resulted in the most humorless person in the world reiterating that no one in their office is attracted to the video game fox

The fact that an adult human being that exists in the real world felt a legitimate need to state, on record, that they wouldn't gently caress a fictional fox is pretty laughable.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

HolePisser1982 posted:

Yeah, man. What a frigid bitch.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

The Modern Leper posted:

Yeah, man. What a frigid bitch.

I'm not talking about feminist critique, she's just an unfunny person. She's on podcasts and twitch streams if you wanna see for yourself

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

Listened to like 30 minutes of TAZ Nights 2, and Travis sucks at DMing. He's not even doing voices. "Here's the mission you gotta go on and here's a bunch of maps the audience can't see."

It did seem weird that he set up "hey the leaders pretty bad at deciding what to do; here's her last idea" then forced them to do it anyway.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
On a lark, decided to catch up (selectively) on Bunker Buddies as I had stopped listening a few months before their format change. Not really a big fan of the new format but Andie has gotten a lot easier to listen to over time. I just picked eps where I knew the guest and feel like I got a good sampling.

Unfortunately, no sooner do I catch up that Travis basically steps back to be an occasional co-host. Not sure I'll keep following so closely, if that's the case.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Nick's Krystal tweet was pretty loving soon after this one
https://twitter.com/Babylonian/status/845876568954060801

I am hard-pressed to see how anyone took it seriously

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I don't know how you could ever doubt Nick's sincerity on anything

https://twitter.com/Babylonian/status/845515301743603712

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2duby_rUbi8

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Mar 28, 2017

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

ok so I was wrong and he's the 1st best mcelroy brother

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Justice Sloth posted:

The fact that an adult human being that exists in the real world felt a legitimate need to state, on record, that they wouldn't gently caress a fictional fox is pretty laughable.

yea the fact that the response wasn't just 'I find it a lil gross' but rather 'Neither I NOR ANYONE ELSE IN THIS OFFICE have ever jacked it to that fox!!!!!!' is pretty hilarious. Like, it creates the image of some one going around being all 'hey Bill, know you're writing but quick question, Krystal from Star Fox do anything for you? Cool lates'.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://twitter.com/cdparx/status/846183819736592385

the whole thread is funny

KoRMaK fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Mar 28, 2017

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

flatluigi posted:

Nick's tweet was weird and a lil tacky even in the context of 'saying knowingly joking stuff on a page where he assumes people following him are in on the joke' but in the context of 'here is what a games journalist chooses to put out there to the public' I can't really argue against going "what the gently caress, are we still pulling this poo poo in 2017" in response.

either way, dude should really make an after dark account or something

Dude has made multiple videos about loving sonic

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Dude has made multiple videos about loving sonic

Gonna need some help about what part you're emphasizing here, cause yeah Nick's a fan of Sonic games, but I'm not sure he's made videos about actually having sex with the hedgehog, unless you count that one episode of Touch the Skyrim?

Commissar Budgie
Aug 10, 2011

I am a Commissar. I am empowered to deliver justice wherever I see it lacking. I am empowered to punish cowardice. I am granted the gift of total authority to judge, in the name of the Emperor, on the field of combat.
Sonic dreams collection?

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Xad posted:

Gonna need some help about what part you're emphasizing here, cause yeah Nick's a fan of Sonic games, but I'm not sure he's made videos about actually having sex with the hedgehog, unless you count that one episode of Touch the Skyrim?

Him and Griffin also did a full playthrough of Sonic Dreams Collection. Which has stuff much, much worse than that tweet

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Hasn't Griffin been the one at the helm any time loving Sonic comes up? Like, Nick is there, but it's usually Griffin that gets them there in the first place, right? Or am I remember wrong?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

purple death ray posted:

I mean poo poo, I was like 23 when that game came out. Nick is like a decade younger than me, maybe everyone really did jerk off to Krystal from star fox. I don't know. I'm not here to judge the formative experience of a generation.
Let me unpack it for you. The "everyone" here is strongly implied to be a straight male. Yes, there exist queer women who may or may not have admired Krystal, but women rarely refer to masturbation as "jacking off". Games journalism and popular culture often implies that all gamers are straight males. Many women gamers find this exceptionally annoying.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Xad posted:

Commissar Budgie posted:

Sonic dreams collection?

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Him and Griffin also did a full playthrough of Sonic Dreams Collection. Which has stuff much, much worse than that tweet

Yeah this. I'm just saying I generally don't go to Nick Robinson for hard hitting journalism.

Commissar Budgie
Aug 10, 2011

I am a Commissar. I am empowered to deliver justice wherever I see it lacking. I am empowered to punish cowardice. I am granted the gift of total authority to judge, in the name of the Emperor, on the field of combat.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Yeah this. I'm just saying I generally don't go to Nick Robinson for hard hitting journalism.

That's a good policy for anything polygon related. Not to dismiss the McElboys' good good video content.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I don't think I've ever seen any non-McElroy related polygon content

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I don't think I've ever seen any non-McElroy related polygon content

SEO Play is really funny

Serf
May 5, 2011

Polygon generally has good stuff, but the McElboys are by far the best thing on the site. If they left, it would be a huge blow.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I think the only non-McElroy Polygon content I've seen is an article written by some no-name weirdo

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Oh come on, were talking about this a Kenneth orb Tom curry voicing a pair of pants that one day dreams of being Jorts?

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Nick's humor revolves around his adolescent sexual misadventures with beloved video game characters, which is objectively funny.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

women rarely refer to masturbation as "jacking off".

That's where you're wrong my friend

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I'm of the opinion that both 1) Nick's tweet wasn't very funny and 2) Anita's reaction was overblown and mistakenly took him at face value. I like them both, please don't @ me

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
Another MaxFun aside, but the newest Stop Podcasting Yourself has Alicia Tobin as a guest, which has historically always resulted in excellent episodes. I haven't listened to it yet, but I'm confident. Anyway, for anyone who was considering making the plunge, now might be a really good entry point (aside from it having extended MaxFun Drive tipjar-rattling).

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Kenny Logins posted:

Another MaxFun aside, but the newest Stop Podcasting Yourself has Alicia Tobin as a guest, which has historically always resulted in excellent episodes. I haven't listened to it yet, but I'm confident. Anyway, for anyone who was considering making the plunge, now might be a really good entry point (aside from it having extended MaxFun Drive tipjar-rattling).

Alicia Tobin is my favorite SPY guest, and is probably on this week's ep because it's Max Fun Drive, and they know people will recommend an Alicia Tobin episode. She has one of my favorite little bits from that show, too. I don't think I've ever heard Dave laugh so much.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3ExfdrsZng

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
My favourite SPY ep is 287, where Dave had to cover the county music awards for the CBC despite not being in to country music, and seeing how long he could go before being found out (not long)

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Alicia Tobin likers should definitely listen to her Retail Nightmares podcast, which she cohosts with Jessica Delisle. It's a really sweet, warm show filled with great guests and some absolutely insane and hilarious stories from said guests about bizarre experiences while working retail. I'm actually pretty surprised Max Fun hasn't scooped them up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
THE FMVISION QUEST RESUMES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCUIJ-f99wY