Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

is there no cooking pot in gerudo town??
There's 2 on the main level on the left side by the throne room. You gotta light them yourself but there should be a torch right there.

e;fb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Anyone know specifically where the dude who buys gourmet meat for 100 rupees is at? I'm almost positive it was a stable somewhere but I haven't been able to find him again. I went for a hunt/exploration trek through the northern snowy area and have like 80 to sell him. If you've got plenty of arrows and are good at hitting headshots, that's a pretty fun/good way to earn money. You just gotta make sure you sprint to pick them up once they drop because if they turn into icy meat they'll be classified as food and you won't be able to thaw and sell them.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Bill Barber posted:

Anyone know specifically where the dude who buys gourmet meat for 100 rupees is at? I'm almost positive it was a stable somewhere but I haven't been able to find him again. I went for a hunt/exploration trek through the northern snowy area and have like 80 to sell him. If you've got plenty of arrows and are good at hitting headshots, that's a pretty fun/good way to earn money. You just gotta make sure you sprint to pick them up once they drop because if they turn into icy meat they'll be classified as food and you won't be able to thaw and sell them.

its one of the stables to the right of hyrule field im pretty sure

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

GameCube posted:

yeah but exploring the whole dang world for the first time without the HUD would have been the proper Pro Move. oh well. it has still been an amazing time

can somebody give me a vague hint about how to solve the shrine in korok forest, it's called "follow the stars" or something like that. like do i have to go look at the stars or is there some clue inside the shrine that i missed

youre probably really over thinking it

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

GameCube posted:

yeah but exploring the whole dang world for the first time without the HUD would have been the proper Pro Move. oh well. it has still been an amazing time

can somebody give me a vague hint about how to solve the shrine in korok forest, it's called "follow the stars" or something like that. like do i have to go look at the stars or is there some clue inside the shrine that i missed

ganbatte GameCube

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Bill Barber posted:

he's at the stable next to the coliseum, on the left side of hyrule field

he also only buys 3 a day I think, sadly

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

he's at the stable next to the coliseum, on the left side of hyrule field

he also only buys 3 a day I think, sadly
Well gently caress. Hunting was fun at least.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Bill Barber posted:

i was actually doing the very same thing last night, exploring the northern snowy area and collecting hella meats.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
also whats the best/fast way to get a gently caress ton of arrows. even now, as Ganon Slayer and unofficiall Prince of Hyrule, i'm always running out and you can only buy like 15 at a time -.- who's idea wss that. anyways tips appreciated

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Final dumb question for the day: can you brute force a blood moon by simply creating a fire and sleeping until night over and over again? I'm kind of guessing no since I've been doing it about 10-15 times and it hasn't happened yet.

I'm trying to unlock the shrine that requires a blood moon since I'm already there, but I guess I should just continue playing regularly and just book it to the location the next time I notice one. On a related note, if you stand around without any clothes on, one of Link's idle animations is flexing and checking himself out. Also, as surprising amount of NPCs has custom dialogue for if Link is naked when talking to them, which is insane to me.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Bill Barber posted:

Final dumb question for the day: can you brute force a blood moon by simply creating a fire and sleeping until night over and over again? I'm kind of guessing no since I've been doing it about 10-15 times and it hasn't happened yet.

Yes, but it takes ages. I think it might help if you go kill a ton of enemies before you try, but it can be done.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

rediscover posted:

also whats the best/fast way to get a gently caress ton of arrows. even now, as Ganon Slayer and unofficiall Prince of Hyrule, i'm always running out and you can only buy like 15 at a time -.- who's idea wss that. anyways tips appreciated
Beedle appears at all the stables so you can get 30ish a day from him. Early on I was really struggling to get arrows and it was kind of annoying because I enjoy using the bow but about midway through I was exploring an area with a bunch of archer enemies and if you kill them quickly enough they'll drop 5 arrow bundles. I've been hovering around 150+ regular arrows for a while now and it's nice to not have to ration them constantly.

If you're really hard up you could cheese it and go out at night and wait for some skeletons to pop up and easily dodge their shots and steal that ammo. That's kind of slow and boring though.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

by the end of the game i had 200+ lightning arrows and kept running out of regular ones lol

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
the last great fairy has the best intro dialogs

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

iirc fyson in tarrey town sells an above average amount of arrows per day/shop cycle?

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

bows are so rad in this game

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Food 200 rupees
Challenges 150 rupees
House 800 rupees
Arrows 3,600 rupees
Horse 20 rupees

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zas posted:

bows are so rad in this game

it's cool that they made them powerful instead of weak and lovely like every western open world RPG ever, in an attempt to balance combat styles or some other asinine bullshit

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Food 200 rupees
Challenges 150 rupees
House 800 rupees
Arrows 3,600 rupees
Horse 20 rupees

lost custody of my kids and my wife left me but still wild about arrows

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

extremebuff posted:

by the end of the game i had 200+ lightning arrows and kept running out of regular ones lol
same I ended up with way more shock arrows than anything else. I guess I used bomb arrows a lot but god knows why I had hardly any ice arrows by comparison, I used shock arrows to create massive op stunning blasts every time it rained

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Upland Zorana and the path leading to Zora's domain are good places to get arrows. Most of the Lizalfos there seem to drop 5-10 arrows.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Harrow posted:

Is it the one where there's a wall of constellations on the other side of the gate you need to open? If so, that's the important thing.

Slightly less vague hint: pay attention to how many constellations there are on the wall.

wow yeah i missed that and thought there must be a clue in the night sky lmao

are there ANY shrines in the game that aren't entirely self-contained

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

GameCube posted:

wow yeah i missed that and thought there must be a clue in the night sky lmao

are there ANY shrines in the game that aren't entirely self-contained
theres the two on top of duelling peaks where you have to cross-reference their ceilings or whatever

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

There are some shrines in the Gerudo Desert that all follow a similar theme of connecting electrical circuits with metal objects. I think whoever designed them had an order in mind, too. If you enter the desert through a ground-level path and go past the stable there, you'll encounter a really simple shrine on that concept, and then the other ones in the desert are trickier. (I did them out of order so the really simple one was like "wow, that was super easy")

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Harrow posted:

There are some shrines in the Gerudo Desert that all follow a similar theme of connecting electrical circuits with metal objects. I think whoever designed them had an order in mind, too. If you enter the desert through a ground-level path and go past the stable there, you'll encounter a really simple shrine on that concept, and then the other ones in the desert are trickier. (I did them out of order so the really simple one was like "wow, that was super easy")

thts how i did thm and the concept pwned hard. gerudo shrines are imo th best ive seen in the game aside frm that one that gamecube got stuuck on

ps if y ou kill blue chus wth an elemental weapn they drop elemental jelly. ths loving game

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Fungah! posted:

thts how i did thm and the concept pwned hard. gerudo shrines are imo th best ive seen in the game aside frm that one that gamecube got stuuck on

ps if y ou kill blue chus wth an elemental weapn they drop elemental jelly. ths loving game

You can also drop the jellies and swing an elemental weapon at them and they change, it owns

And yeah the Gerudo shrines were some of the best in the game. But the best shrine in the whole game is the Blue Flame one imo

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

My favourite one so far was "Speed of Light", with the wheel that spins a laser to raise and lower the water.

I spent over half an hour trying to get the chest in that one and managed it with a combination of cryonis and stasis on the switch in the second room at the last possible second to give enough time to sprint through the door. It turns out you can do it just by leaving a bomb on the switch platform.

Then I pretty much immediately threw the weapon you get in a river by accident and lost it forever.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
just realized i still have eventide ahead of me :gbsmith:

i came across it super early on and meant to go back after a couple of upgrades but i hope it's still good now that i have a billion heart and stamina

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
octoroks being smart enough to lead their shots gets me every time

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
Is that 999 arrows in about 45 minutes still a thing? I did it last week

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

"It's J is for...you know what?
gently caress it, jizz it is"

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

jisforjosh posted:

Couldn't tell ya bud.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
*casually walks out of apartment while tarrey town jingle plays*

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

jisforjosh posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i completely missed the town building stuff and it's, forgive me, Wild to think about how many other significant side quests i missed. im replaying this on the switch for sure, some months down the road..

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

extremebuff posted:

i completely missed the town building stuff and it's, forgive me, Wild to think about how many other significant side quests i missed. im replaying this on the switch for sure, some months down the road..

same, same, and same

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

extremebuff posted:

That's exactly why I've been taking my time and exploring every single nook and cranny over and over again for 200 hours because I know as soon as I defeat Ganon and "beat" the game I won't be able to mentally force myself to keep exploring.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I didnt go back to impa after i entered hyrule castle and found the last memory oops

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Bill Barber posted:

That's exactly why I've been taking my time and exploring every single nook and cranny over and over again for 200 hours because I know as soon as I defeat Ganon and "beat" the game I won't be able to mentally force myself to keep exploring.

thats what happened to me. i beat ganon and my brain wouldn't let me keep playing but after a week or so, and this is the only time this has ever happened, i pushed past that mental block and and hours are once more dropping like flies to the land of hyrule. God bless Aonuma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iixASx-_W70

calamity link

• Locked thread