Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
So the people above me that I've been complaining about, the ones who randomly hammer drill for 5-10 seconds at 3am and other bizarre hours, and seem to do 20-seconds-at-a-time of various hammering/drilling throughout the day in general, have apparently done something to their plumbing that the whole building shut off the water. For all 120 units. I know it's them because I can hear them banging on pipes or something in their bathroom. At goddamn 12 am. What iS WRONG with these people?

The other day I was taking a nap and woke up with a jolt thinking my phone was buzzing and I had to go to work, but it wasn't, and then I realized that they had just been randomly drilling for a few seconds.

I also thought I had insomnia because I always wake up at least once during the night, not due to having to go to the bathroom, but I'm thinking it's because they are just randomly drilling, which wakes me up.

I just want to shower and go to bed, I don't want to go to bed without showering because I've been cleaning all day, including washing out the litterboxes, and I feel gross.

:murder::murder::murder::murder::murder::murder::murder:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Sounds like you live in the third world to me

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Have you tried going up and asking them what they're doing and can they knock it off between 10pm and 7am?

Or call the police and tell them you think someone's setting up a drug lab.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

There's a guy outside my flat cutting up the driveway. Apparently it's being torn out and redone. The contractor told me that he'd been told that all the residents knew about it and would have their cars moved out of the way etc. Obviously that hasn't happened because A: No one told me, and B: The car park is still full of cars. Apparently it's going to take at least a month and there doesn't seem to be any provision at all for how we're supposed to get in and out of our flats while it's happening. :psyduck:

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
I'm at work in the office and there is a freaking carnival going on blocking my escape route for when I finally have enough of this poo poo and want to go home

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I have an hour and a half until work is done :(

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I drank a Red Bull really late like a dipshit last night so I only got a few hours of sleep. Now I'm really tired and don't want to do anything, but it's too early for bed.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Somebody on my floor cooked a really, really stinky fish for dinner again. Stank up the whole drat building from the smell of it.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
There was a dog running around my back yard, but by the time I got up to go out there it had gone :(

I want to get a fancy mouse with more than 3 buttons but this one has been going strong for most of a decade now and I can't bring myself to get rid of it while it's still working.

Gitro has a new favorite as of 08:25 on Mar 25, 2017

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
The cable for my x-mini speakers broke, now I have to use my phones actual speaker to listen to music at work :saddowns:

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Gitro posted:

There was a dog running around my back yard, but by the time I got up to go out there it had gone :(

I want to get a fancy mouse with more than 3 buttons but this one has been going strong for most of a decade now and I can't bring myself to get rid of it while it's still working.

Mine is failing just enough to be a pain in the rear end but not enough to want an immediate replacement.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I have over 10 extra Logitech m510 mice just in case they discontinue them. They go on sale several times a year on Amazon so I always pick up a few extra.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I called Comcast to move my service and hoped to lower the price.
The lady that helped me was the most professional person in that miserable company and made sure I got a nice price.

I was all ready for an argument.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Twice this week i've gotten the dreadfully ominous "can I ask you a question?"/"can we talk later?" texts. Nothing sends me into an instant anxiety spiral as quick as those, especially when the replies back take forever.

90% of the time it's nothing serious but I start assuming the worst. every. single. time.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I hate websites that automatically redirect you to their mobile version when you open them on your phone. Especially if they then redirect you to the main mobile page when you were trying to get to a specific page, like for instance an order summary page by tapping a link in an email. Then it's a pain in the rear end to get where you were trying to go.

Burn the webservers to the ground. Salt the earth.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Mikl posted:

I hate websites that automatically redirect you to their mobile version when you open them on your phone. Especially if they then redirect you to the main mobile page when you were trying to get to a specific page, like for instance an order summary page by tapping a link in an email. Then it's a pain in the rear end to get where you were trying to go.

Burn the webservers to the ground. Salt the earth.

Pages that don't allow you to go to the non-mobile site. I hate them with insane hatred.

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord
My cellphone company does that. You can't actually log into your account proper via the mobile site, just do a one-time payment thing. It's incredibly stupid.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I had to work all weekend and it was really busy and stressful.

I mean, I work every weekend, and it's always busy and stressful, but gently caress this weekend in particular.

My useless chucklefuck coworker decided to quit last week, and gave us two weeks notice. Then he skipped town and didn't bother to say anything, because the schedule was something like a day late, so he figured he didn't have to work. Even though everyone got an email about the schedule being late. We ended up scheduling him for only two shifts this week, and he didn't even bother showing up for one of them. He came in today and was legitimately surprised that everyone was mad at him. Apparently he didn't realize that when you quit, if you give your employer two weeks notice they may just schedule you to work during those two weeks. At the same time, he was hurt and confused by the fact that we didn't give him any shifts this week. The gently caress, dude. You expect not to have to work during the last two weeks you're here, and then get upset that you have no hours? Seriously?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
My friend is dating a 18 year old. The girl is young enough to be his daughter, and I called him out on it, but all he harps on is that she's 18 and an adult and tries to describe loving her before I walk away/cut him off. He then complains they don't really have anything to talk about in common, and he constantly has to ask her if she's ever seen the movie he's describing. Dude, you are dating an 18 year old girl, you aren't dating her for the loving conversation, clearly!

Today is the last day of my vacation and I slept in and wanted to be out of the house already doing poo poo, but I got most of my stuff done already yesterday.

The online store I want to order fish from won't ship on the carrier I want to use and will only ship USPS. After the last fiasco of USPS losing my loving order, sending the animals BACK to the sender, then marking the new order "Moved No Forwarding Address" when I had it set to Hold At PO, I am not loving using them again!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Friday I got an e-mail from a local courier. "Hey, they notified us we're going to have to deliver some stuff to you, we'll come around on Monday. You can check our website to reschedule if needed."

I'm on a business trip until Thursday, and the website only allowed me to schedule until Wednesday. Fine, I clicked the "hold it in your office" option, so I could go pick the package up on Thursday, even though it would be a pain in the rear end (a half hour drive both ways).

Today I get a text: "Hi! We have your stuff here in our office, you can come pick it up until Wednesday, then we'll send it back!"

NO, loving SHITCUNTS :argh:

The reason I told you to hold it in your office in the first place is BECAUSE THERE WAS NO WAY I COULD GET TO YOU BEFORE THURSDAY :rant:

And of course the website doesn't allow me to reschedule, or anything. I'd have to call the local office but I'm ten thousand kms and six time zones away, I still tried a couple times and they won't pick up the drat phone :rant:

God loving damnit, I hate dealing with stuff like this.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
My glasses need replacing so I just had to spend £25 on an eye test then £59 on the frames. Didn't expect to be spending that amount this month so that's really annoying. The right arm has just come off because the hinge is hosed. At least I get new glasses tomorrow.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

My contact lens prescription hasn't changed in 9 years but I still gotta pay for an exam every year, I swear next time I go I'm ordering like a 20-year supply

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Kelp Me! posted:

My contact lens prescription hasn't changed in 9 years but I still gotta pay for an exam every year, I swear next time I go I'm ordering like a 20-year supply

I have a huge supply of contacts because I rarely wear them. I said "one box" not realizing the box had like 100 contacts in it. At least they don't expire until 2020.

I'm getting really fat. I'm not watching what I eat and am too lazy to exercise :btroll:

I wanted to take a nap but those assholes are drilling again, except now it's consistent, been going on straight for 20 min or more. I seriously can't imagine what their walls look like. They must be 100% covered in picture frames and/or shelves.

I'm really sleepy.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
My friend's neighbour has a husky puppy and it's so goddamned cute and fluffy and playful but I only got to play with it for, like, five minutes when I'd be quite happy to play with it all day :(

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Kelp Me! posted:

You can order them online in most countries and just put in your current prescription. May or may not be cheaper depending on what you pay at the moment.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My supervisor got on my case about something that didn't happen they way they assumed.
My manager came by later and said, "(supervisor) was being an idiot. Don't worry about it."

Buuuuuut I think my sup heard and is being lovely.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I haaate applying for jobs. The whole process of resumes and cover letters just kills my motivation. It always feels like I'm doing something wrong that I can't quite put my finger on. I just started a crappy seasonal labor position, following a crappy holiday retail position, because applying for the stuff I actually want a career in requires so much more. And those personality tests. Ugh.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Dr Christmas posted:

I haaate applying for jobs. The whole process of resumes and cover letters just kills my motivation. It always feels like I'm doing something wrong that I can't quite put my finger on. I just started a crappy seasonal labor position, following a crappy holiday retail position, because applying for the stuff I actually want a career in requires so much more. And those personality tests. Ugh.

Ugh, I feel you.
I once walked out of a Blockbuster mid application because of the bullshit personality test.
But HEH look who won that battle?!

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I keep cycling between playing League of Legends and not. The community and its awfulness will get to me and I'll quit playing for weeks or months at a time. Then I'll think "hey that game sure is fun!" and start playing again. Then the cycle begins anew.

I should really just quit playing entirely as it's a huge time sink but it's so fun when I get a decent match.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Mu Zeta posted:

I have over 10 extra Logitech m510 mice just in case they discontinue them. They go on sale several times a year on Amazon so I always pick up a few extra.

I'll suck your dick for one of them.

My 510 just died this week, and am using a lovely laptop mouse as a replacement until I can get a better one. Not having side buttons is the worst.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Outrail posted:

You can order them online in most countries and just put in your current prescription. May or may not be cheaper depending on what you pay at the moment.

I'm pretty sure that's the legal equivalent of ordering prescription drugs online from a country where they're over-the-counter and shipping them to the US though.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Cowslips Warren posted:

Dude, you are dating an 18 year old girl, you aren't dating her for the loving conversation, clearly!
Given he keeps trying to talk about it I'd say he is in it for the 'loving' conversation :rimshot:

FWP, another game I preordered​will be coming out today but I don't want to stop playing ME: Andromeda to play that one.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

kreyla posted:

Oh my gosh. I love Fage yogurt SO MUCH. Albertsons had a weeklong sale with Fage 10/$10, and every day now I have been having it with fresh strawberries. I actually look forward to getting up for breakfast. I have a ton of energy too from all the protein. Hnnnngh FAAAAAGE

Which reminds me of another first-world problem I'm having:

There is a 10/$10 Fage sale at my local grocery store, but the store only stocks the 2% kind, which makes vaguely plastic-like to me. :smith:

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Given he keeps trying to talk about it I'd say he is in it for the 'loving' conversation :rimshot:

FWP, another game I preordered​will be coming out today but I don't want to stop playing ME: Andromeda to play that one.

Kingdom Hearts, right?

My FWP is that the new Kingdom Hearts collection comes out today and I have to work and not play it.

Leave has a new favorite as of 17:22 on Mar 28, 2017

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

My graphics card died a couple weeks ago and the time it took to get a new one and sort out my power cabling issues and poo poo means instead of finishing my ME trilogy replay in time for Andromeda I'm just a few hours into 2.

ANDROMEDA ISN'T EVEN THAT GOOD WHY DO I CARE :saddowns:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I'm mad cause someone is trying to give away a 14 year old cat on facebook. I'm not mad at the person giving it away though, I'm mad at the original owner. Apparently she dropped the cat off with a friend or something back when we had some bigtime flooding down here, and just abandoned it. That's just loving cruel to do to an animal, but especially to an old one.

I know none of these people, but god drat does that just irk the gently caress outta me. What kinda poo poo human being takes care of an animal for 14 god damned years and then just leaves it?

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
There is a song in the Radio (LAST NIGHT by José James) and there is a part in the chorus that I distinctly hear as enemas and it catches me off-guard every time.

Edit: I'm not a native english speaker and hardly listen to the texts in songs.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

I cannot afford an apartment within probably 30 miles or so of my work

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
SF?
I honestly feel pretty privileged that I can live and work in the same city and bike to work in 5-10min.

New FWP: I discovered the world of freshly ground high quality coffee and cannot not feel disgusted when having a Nespresso kind of coffee right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

No, Portland. Right now I live with my mom while I go to college and work, and our house has probably the same square footage as a cargo container. Also somebody called the insurance company or something because they thought our house was a meth house.