Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

You guys nitpick the dumbest poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
The only saving grace for the VA for Zelda is that they went the Xenoblade route and realized British accents are loving ace

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Tender Bender posted:

I'm liking Zelda a lot even after the initial hype period wore off. But because of how the story is delivered I think it's going to take until I actually finish the thing before I can say whether it's well written and paced or just meandering nonsense. I'm seeing how it could go either way at this point.

As a non-legacy Zelda fan. (This is basically my first...) I am playing in bite sized pieces and very much don't care too much terribly about the story. All the better if it comes together well, but I'm kind of playing it like a really awesome Don't Starve or some other wilderness survival simulator. My main goals tend to be my own (Oh there's that monster there, I don't need to kill it, but I'd like to see if I can figure out how I can...)

Etc...

And it's glorious.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Earth Table posted:

Like I love The Witcher but it's taken me an eternity to get through just because I keep hitting a wall and walking away from it.
Yeah I kinda hit a wall in BOTW yesterday (having to kill the Lynel to get the Shock Arrows) so I just warped somewhere else and started exploring a bit.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I hope some of the DLC adds a hunger and sleep mechanic to BotW.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

irlZaphod posted:

Yeah I kinda hit a wall in BOTW yesterday (having to kill the Lynel to get the Shock Arrows) so I just warped somewhere else and started exploring a bit.

You don't have to kill it, and in fact you are not supposed to

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You don't have to kill him. The quest giver even tells you to avoid him at all costs.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Louisgod posted:

The only saving grace for the VA for Zelda is that they went the Xenoblade route and realized British accents are loving ace

Would you say that you're really feeling it?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

irlZaphod posted:

You don't have to kill the Lynel. There's at least 20 shock arrows scattered around his area, embedded in treas and stuff. He's super observant, though, so you'll probably have to grab a few and then dive off the mountain before he murders you.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Dr Cheeto posted:

Mipha is like nails on a chalkboard though.

I'm okay with Mipha's VA mostly.

But it is true, the VA in Zelda is really bad all around. A bunch of the potentially cool story bits get flubbed either from the poor performance or weirdly off-timed lines in the writing.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Regarding Zelda, a lot of her lines that I found early in the game were a bit silly and bad, but later on I found her performance actually pretty good. Perhaps it was a problem with direction?

I'm the opposite. The more I saw of Zelda, the worse she got. The only time I really liked her was in the Hyrule Castle memory

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

why isnt it also an arcade controller....

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Stux posted:

why isnt it also an arcade controller....

Are there any third party controllers yet?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I love that Zelda is a huge tech nerd with a goofball personality at times. It made her actually seem human, as opposed to being just a royal icon.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
She's a huge tech nerd but decides to skip proper research protocol and force feed Link a live frog. At least cook the thing first!

edit: I guess it's technically a spoiler

Ventana fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Mar 28, 2017

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Not a Children posted:

You don't have to kill it, and in fact you are not supposed to

deadly_pudding posted:

You don't have to kill the Lynel. There's at least 20 shock arrows scattered around his area, embedded in treas and stuff. He's super observant, though, so you'll probably have to grab a few and then dive off the mountain before he murders you.
:doh: I did find some on the way up alright, when I first got there I played hide and seek behind the big rock, but then I just went out and faced him (and died). I made quite a few more attempts to take him out, I was having a bit of success with dodges and flurry attacks, and it was helping me to practice my perfect parry timing. :v: But then my weapons and shields would break.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i just view lynels as end game open world bosses

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i killd the lynel aand it fuckin ruled. be all you cn be

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So my right JoyCon appears to be dead. It doesn't turn on even when it's connected to the Switch itself. I've tried it while both docked and undocked and it still doesn't work.

So what do I do now besides forking over $49.99 for a replacement?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So my right JoyCon appears to be dead. It doesn't turn on even when it's connected to the Switch itself. I've tried it while both docked and undocked and it still doesn't work.

have you tried blowing on it?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

eonwe posted:

i just view lynels as end game open world bosses
They are big meanies. :mad:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's under warranty get it replaced

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Apparently it sucks pretty badly.

So just like Darkest Dungeon then. :gary:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Sorry you'll have to buy a new Switch.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I'm serious guys. :(

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Try manually pressing the sync button? Mine stopped responding even when docking and undocking when the onscreen instructions said that would be sufficient, but holding the sync button did it. If yours isn't turning on at all though I can't help you.

Definitely contact Nintendo though, don't buy a new one.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Snake Pass isn't on the eshop yet :(. Has Been Heroes is tho lol

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I'm serious guys. :(
Call Nintendo.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

parallelodad posted:

It's under warranty get it replaced

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009

Ventana posted:

She's a huge tech nerd but decides to skip proper research protocol and force feed Link a live frog. At least cook the thing first!

edit: I guess it's technically a spoiler

I have not played this yet, but you guys are making it sound like they made Zelda into Princess Bubblegum.

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

The Lynels are easy and fun as hell to dodge and get flurry attacks. I honestly didn't know people had difficulty with them until I read as much on the forums.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

irlZaphod posted:

:doh: I did find some on the way up alright, when I first got there I played hide and seek behind the big rock, but then I just went out and faced him (and died). I made quite a few more attempts to take him out, I was having a bit of success with dodges and flurry attacks, and it was helping me to practice my perfect parry timing. :v: But then my weapons and shields would break.

You'll find most of them past him up a hill, stuck in a tree. Like 8 or so right in the same spot.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Tender Bender posted:

Try manually pressing the sync button? Mine stopped responding even when docking and undocking when the onscreen instructions said that would be sufficient, but holding the sync button did it. If yours isn't turning on at all though I can't help you.

Definitely contact Nintendo though, don't buy a new one.

Oh, well this worked. Thanks!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Stagger_Lee posted:

I have not played this yet, but you guys are making it sound like they made Zelda into Princess Bubblegum.

My wife said literally the same thing about her.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Stagger_Lee posted:

There's more crying

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Healbot posted:

So just like Darkest Dungeon then. :gary:

This but not sarcastically

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Earth Table posted:

The Lynels are easy and fun as hell to dodge and get flurry attacks. I honestly didn't know people had difficulty with them until I read as much on the forums.

Yeah I struggled with them until I just treated them like dark souls bosses and just baited out the attack for the counter dodge.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Zelda was the best VA in the game.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Davoren posted:

Zelda was the best VA in the game.

Prince Sidon :sparkles:

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

Prince Sidon :sparkles:

I get it why the Zora Girls get wet and fishy for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
Daruk is best and everyone else is awful.

• Locked thread