Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Death to all hectors, the quicker the better

Well, in that case

sassassin posted:

I wouldn't worry about the exact maths of these things as you're going to run into +1/2/3s and weird skillsets more and more.

Just make Olivia the best Hector-smasher she can possibly be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I've run into enough Wings of Mercy units in Arena that I don't want to leave any low health units after my round, so I just try to one-shot everything

E: ok what about B skills for her, either in Hector Slaying or in general? Knock back doesn't seem very good?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Knock back is actively harmful, get rid of it.

You could get Wings of Mercy of your on her. It's a great skill on dancers.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Andrast posted:

Knock back is actively harmful, get rid of it.

You could get Wings of Mercy of your on her. It's a great skill on dancers.

Hey, that's a pretty good idea and I have a 4* Cain, If she has 630 SP at level 40, I'll do it

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Pokemaster #421 posted:

So if you had one copy of quick riposte, would you put it on eldigan or Minerva? Eldigan has fury and Minerva is going to have death blow for their a slot

QR works best on high attack, low speed heros. In isolation it seems like a decent B-slot for Eldigan, but it doesn't really mesh well with him having Fury. It's a pretty valuable skill, so I'd probably hold onto it until you get a good hero that it fits perfectly on.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

Clarste posted:

https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/846618669052407808

We're getting bunny ear Ike for Easter, I guess?

My favorite comment: "No, not like this..."

I hope some of these are top tier and arena is permanently infested with bunny costumed killing machines

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I predict a lot of fanart coming out of whatever this is

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Sadly, I have very little confidence that is Ike. The hair is way off. Inc. higher glut of swordchodes and chodettes (I see you bunnycina)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I suspect most alternate versions will have different weapon types, like Christmas Robin apparently using a lance. We'll get staff lucina and axe Marth.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

this "fire emblem" series has too many swords in general. for gameplay balance they need to start handing out axes to people who were clerics in their game or whatever. who cares

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

A lot of classes in the games get two weapons. Hector, upon promotion, could use swords.

e: Eliwood, upon promotion, could use lances.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I'm curious what the next "really good unit" is gonna look like.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

TheKingofSprings posted:

Lucina with bunny ears

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I was looking at this useful chart for Reinhardt's ORKO's: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jVOmDhG9Gyr-oabycPFr_SurOiKkKIy37LuP-LPIwHw/edit#gid=0

...and it seems that with even with Moonbow, he'll miss out the ORKO on Jagen and Nowi. But with Luna, he can hit the ORKO. Either way, the special is available at the second turn.

I have a spare -spd Lucina so I can actually give Reinhardt Luna. Should I go for this or is a spare Lucina better saved for giving skills to another character? I also have 4 spare Odins so Moonbow is the easy goto.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

TheKingofSprings posted:

Answering without sarcasm, it's going to be a blue unit with a Lucina-like stat distribution.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

Answering without sarcasm, it's going to be a blue unit with a Lucina-like stat distribution.

More Nino fodder, I can dig it.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

ChronoReverse posted:

I have a spare -spd Lucina so I can actually give Reinhardt Luna. Should I go for this or is a spare Lucina better saved for giving skills to another character? I also have 4 spare Odins so Moonbow is the easy goto.

A bad IV Lucina is best saved for merging into a better Lucina.

Don't smash a 5* of one of the best heros in the game so you can inherit a special you can get off 4* units.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

cheetah7071 posted:

So Linde then?

My team did it again. Ryoma/RobinM/Nino just went seven straight wins no deaths like it was nothing, carrying Ursula all the way.

I feel like the enemies I'm getting are soft though. I saw a few characters that weren't level 40 there.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Lance Lucina!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Yorkshire Tea posted:

So Linde then?

More like melee Linde with better defense and showing up on a banner so everyone you face in advanced arena has one.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

chiasaur11 posted:

Lance Lucina!

The Lance of longinus, in honor of Jesus and easter

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

More like melee Linde with better defense and showing up on a banner so everyone you face in advanced arena has one.
Seth, come on down!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

chiasaur11 posted:

Lance Lucina!

They're not making a bunny version of her, because that's clearly a wedding dress variation.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The other main possibility I can see for a unit breaking into the meta is a tank who actually functions as a tank. Someone who can actually survive two rounds of combat in the arena and doesn't have armor movement so they can actually get in front of your other units.

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015

cheetah7071 posted:

Yknow someone who'd fit that niche well? Nephenee, where's the tellius banner IS!?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I'm saving my orbs now that I've got a dancer IS and there's nothing y'all can do to break me

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

TheKingofSprings posted:

I'm saving my orbs now that I've got a dancer IS and there's nothing y'all can do to break me

I'm gonna spend all 200 of my orbs on the bunny banner

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I feel like someone like a Reina who's a bow flier would break stuff.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Too many maps would offer ranged fliers complete immunity against non-ranged units. I think the lack of any ranged fliers is due to this, and IS don't intend to introduce any.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

They have to introduce all the characters eventually and Reina is a Fates character which gives her slightly higher priority than other non-mains

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I think ranged fliers are fine. In PvE who cares. In arena defense, the AI is too dumb to take advantage of it. In arena offense, it sounds hard enough to set up without letting your other units die in the process that it seems easier to just win the normal way.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Tae posted:

They have to introduce all the characters eventually and Reina is a Fates character which gives her slightly higher priority than other non-mains

They'll just give her a Lance. She's a Kinshi Knight right?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Actually I've changed my mind and the next character to rock the meta will be Tsubasa Oribe from TMS#FE

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Tae posted:

idk anything about the other FE games, but couldn't Reina just be a spear character instead, since she seems to be carrying one in all her art?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

hit button posted:

A bad IV Lucina is best saved for merging into a better Lucina.

Don't smash a 5* of one of the best heros in the game so you can inherit a special you can get off 4* units.

Who's one of the best heroes in the game?

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

cheetah7071 posted:

Actually I've changed my mind and the next character to rock the meta will be Tsubasa Oribe from TMS#FE

Bolt Axe Oni Chieftain Rinkah will turn this game on its head. Can't stop Muscle Waifu. They'll give her armored unit stats with 2 movement.

Reik fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Mar 28, 2017

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

cheetah7071 posted:

The other main possibility I can see for a unit breaking into the meta is a tank who actually functions as a tank. Someone who can actually survive two rounds of combat in the arena and doesn't have armor movement so they can actually get in front of your other units.

Oboro with Gwendolyn's skillset.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

Effie with Pivot has been good for me, although she's not a tank exactly because she's -def.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

cheetah7071 posted:

You joke, but I would be 100% OK with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Silver Falcon posted:

You joke, but I would be 100% OK with this.

what makes you think I wouldn't be