Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

Yeah that seemed like a good time to roll

What a bunch of pieces of irredeemable human poo poo

The balls of ed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Admiral Ray posted:

i deffo feel that the next big break they're gonna get is into the utility truck market. if you can convince a few cities to replace their fleet vehicles with electric trucks that'll boost Tesla's manufacturing through the roof.

This would be smart. Could an electric engine provide the oomph that a full sized truck would provide? Light trucks would probably be easier

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

"Please stop shaking your head again" ahahahaha

That doesn't seem to be going over well with the lady folk on twitter :shrug:

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
lmbo spice could only flow for 25 minutes

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Weren't Press Conferences daily with Obama?

And more than 15 minutes?

Man_of_Teflon
Aug 15, 2003

things got a little too spicy

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Winkie01 posted:

That doesn't seem to be going over well with the lady folk on twitter :shrug:

huh weird a guy who constantly only talks down to women reporters and lectures them like children about their REAL agendas and how to be nice isn't getting a lot of love from women?

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Broken Down Dippin Dots Man is my favorite person in the US government

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Robert Plant posted:

gently caress Spicer.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Pelican Dunderhead posted:

lmbo spice could only flow for 25 minutes

the avg spicey presser is late by at least that much

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

euphronius posted:

Can those electronic engines get enough torque to be useful on trucks

electric motors have stupid amounts of torque, so yes, yes they would. the harder part is ensuring that 200 mile range if the truck is loaded or unloaded and through snowy/cold/hot conditions. storing energy in batteries is way touchier than storing energy in chemicals like gasoline.

fleet vehicles are a good choice to try the trucks out in because they don't need frills and don't go super far in a single day.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

spicy's gumjob: the reckoning

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

zegermans posted:

also am I the only one that just went straight upgraded sniper rifle/damage bonus eyes and oneshot commandos?

Nah I started using the sniper rifle almost exclusively once you're done fighting with NSF, whom I usually either tased or tranq'd.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

thrawn527 posted:

33k is pretty god drat bad. Car purchases are entirely designed to get you into debt. Loan periods have increased from 3 years to 4, 5, and 6 years on a loan. All to get payments down, so you can raise the overall price. Locking you in for longer and longer on a loan payment. Or a lease, god help you.

Buying a car has become loving ludicrous in this country.

Isn't the auto loan market like bubble #3 behind student loans and tech?

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
ah yeah, now that was a spicey meatball!

(he told a reporter twice to stop shaking her head while he was answering her questions and then bailed right after)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Oh no consumer debt

How horrible

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

thrawn527 posted:

33k is pretty god drat bad. Car purchases are entirely designed to get you into debt. Loan periods have increased from 3 years to 4, 5, and 6 years on a loan. All to get payments down, so you can raise the overall price. Locking you in for longer and longer on a loan payment. Or a lease, god help you.

Buying a car has become loving ludicrous in this country.

the first time i bought a (used) car at a dealership was like ~2 years ago and thsi was after spending years in an actual vehicle leasing office

the sales manager came up to me and slammed his fist on the table and hes like, "Can you make this monthly payment?"

"Well yeah I can, but that's way above what we agreed and also I want to see the principal. We agreed on $13.5, this looks like a payment 3X above what we agreed." he kept asking me for like 3 minutes straight if i could make the payment and i kept asking what the principal amount was and then he finally acted alls surprised like hed walked out of the managers office with the wrong numbers by accident

the whole time this was going on I couldn't stop staring at his "NISSAN SALESMAN OF THE YEAR 2014" gold bracelet he was wearing. like why do salespeople wear that shti? it slike a green beret trying to negotiate with a bunch of vietnamese dudes while wearing an ear necklace. your "hosed the most people in the butt" award does not impress me (ok it does a little)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Oh my god I borrowed money

Help. No

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/samsteinhp/status/846776821676945410
https://twitter.com/HeerJeet/status/846777576974565377

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

lmbo spicy cannot be long for this administration, surely

who comes next? my money's on laura ingram

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Admiral Ray posted:

electric motors have stupid amounts of torque, so yes, yes they would. the harder part is ensuring that 200 mile range if the truck is loaded or unloaded and through snowy/cold/hot conditions. storing energy in batteries is way touchier than storing energy in chemicals like gasoline.

fleet vehicles are a good choice to try the trucks out in because they don't need frills and don't go super far in a single day.

ive got an idea. what if there were charging stations throughout the city that the buses could visit briefly, like at each stop, so they can charge on the go. better yet, you could string up or bury a line that it can connect to so you can even charge between stops. genius. I'm going to patent this idea.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Epic High Five posted:

This would be smart. Could an electric engine provide the oomph that a full sized truck would provide? Light trucks would probably be easier

to give an idea, the Model S with a 100 kWh battery has 902 ft-lbs of torque. the 60 kWh version has 317 ft-lbs. electric motors are nuts for torque, way way way better than internal combustion engines because they keep that torque level throughout their performance curve.

heavy trucks would be my first choice because you can replace the massive engines and transmissions with the same motor that the model S has and replace the rest of the weight with fuckloads of batteries.

edit: the ford f-350 has 925 ft-lbs @ 1800 rpms, so the model s with those batteries is about even with it.

Admiral Ray fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Mar 28, 2017

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

what? he's doing exactly what they want

gregday
May 23, 2003

The reporter he told to stop shaking her head is the same one Trump asked "are they friends of yours?" referring to the congressional black caucus

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

y'all keep saying this and I keep saying Trump keeps him around to constantly humiliate and belittle

so long as he serves that purpose he will always have a job

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I had to go look at things on the shop floor, anything particularly spicy happen during Spicy time?

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/Rschooley/status/846778764050677761

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Iron Crowned posted:

I had to go look at things on the shop floor, anything particularly spicy happen during Spicy time?

oh my yes, you missed some hot stuff :discourse:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I am planning to marry Kasey Hunt

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

iceberg lettuce is the worst, i have no idea why wedge salads are considered fine dining because they're also annoying to eat

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Admiral Ray posted:

to give an idea, the Model S with a 100 kWh battery has 902 ft-lbs of torque. the 60 kWh version has 317 ft-lbs. electric motors are nuts for torque, way way way better than internal combustion engines because they keep that torque level throughout their performance curve.

heavy trucks would be my first choice because you can replace the massive engines and transmissions with the same motor that the model S has and replace the rest of the weight with fuckloads of batteries.

Hell yeah, my dream of a hybrid or EV light truck is closer than I could imagine.

Be interesting to see how long the batteries would last with that entirely different a style of usage

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Chokes McGee posted:

y'all keep saying this and I keep saying Trump keeps him around to constantly humiliate and belittle

so long as he serves that purpose he will always have a job

yea i thought spicey would be gone by week 2, for sure, but clearly spicey did something trump considers utterly unforgivable

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

wher's that pic someone posted of all those metal shavings from a grinder that had piled up to resemble a little metal shavings golem. ever since i saw that i wondered what it would be like to put my hand in it and squeeze or put a handful in my mouth

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

gregday posted:

The reporter he told to stop shaking her head is the same one Trump asked "are they friends of yours?" referring to the congressional black caucus

Fellas do these Trump administration people seem a wee bit racist?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Epic High Five posted:

Electric motors don't have a "power band" in the same way internal combustion engines do. Typically they provide full torque no matter what and it's the transmission that has to smooth that out into something that doesn't snap the driveshaft. Oomph isn't a problem, but delivering that oomph might be. You don't want to have some jackass causing the load to shift because he knows he can get a sick launch even with 2 tons of bricks strapped down to the back.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRUA15U6F2k

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

The Huckabee daughter is better than Spicer and Conway. Still spews bullshit but doesn't fumble over her words or get super aggro.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Spoondick posted:

iceberg lettuce is the worst, i have no idea why wedge salads are considered fine dining because they're also annoying to eat

It's just an excuse to eat bacon and bleu cheese

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Spoondick posted:

:lol: if you think the president eats his vegetables

• Locked thread