Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark Juno
Mar 10, 2013

by zen death robot

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

No one cares.

Don't respond then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

No one cares.

I care.

~Luke Skywalker

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

Change is good.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Lightsabers modeled after the retractable-blade toys, I see.

3 Action Economist fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Mar 25, 2017

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

It's the zweihander's older cousin, the dreihander

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Well this whole single-player story game was thoroughly mediocre.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Benthalus posted:

Well this whole single-player story game was thoroughly mediocre.

Its alright. But its Star Wars so that elevates it to "that's my poo poo."

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Ugh.

I forgot how much I hate orbital stations.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
What I wouldn't do for a pre-CU Star Wars Galaxies with updated graphics.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I'm pretty sure that SWTOR will be the only/last Star Wars MMORPG. I think we'll see more Battlefront type games, some single player licensed games, and a whole hell of a lot of mobile "clash of clans" games. While I still believe SWTOR remains a profitable game, I just don't see anyone putting in the effort on a new version. I think standard MMORPGs are pretty much dead, people don't invest the hours they used to camped out in front of their screens. It's all mobile and console these days.

Me? Personally I'm hoping for a sequel to Masters of Tera Kasi!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Jedi Academy II or Dark Forces III

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
An ARK style survival game would be kinda fun. Although I have no idea how to fit Jedi into that, on the other hand one could go no-Force Rogue One style. Have each server reset every month when all players go on a suicide mission as final act.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

I think standard MMORPGs are pretty much dead, people don't invest the hours they used to camped out in front of their screens.

I don't think it's so much that, as it is that it's hard to convince people to tear themselves away from the existing games that they've invested all the hours in already. MMOs do ok, but it's hard for a new MMO to really tear people away and engage, when you only really ever have time for like 2, 3, tops of them in your life.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Bilirubin posted:

Jedi Academy II or Dark Forces III

I'd love this.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Medullah posted:

I'm pretty sure that SWTOR will be the only/last Star Wars MMORPG. I think we'll see more Battlefront type games, some single player licensed games, and a whole hell of a lot of mobile "clash of clans" games. While I still believe SWTOR remains a profitable game, I just don't see anyone putting in the effort on a new version. I think standard MMORPGs are pretty much dead, people don't invest the hours they used to camped out in front of their screens. It's all mobile and console these days.

:barf:

MMOs are for sure a terrible genre and I'll probably start smoking crack and stress eating once they're all dried up but at least I won't be a mobile gamer

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

McSpanky posted:

:barf:

MMOs are for sure a terrible genre and I'll probably start smoking crack and stress eating once they're all dried up but at least I won't be a mobile gamer

I think you'll find very few gamers are actually mobile.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Chickenwalker posted:

I think you'll find very few gamers are actually mobile.

loving :iceburn:

Oh wait, you're talking about us...

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I'm getting back into this from a hiatus with my partner and what's this giant "COMMIT YOURSELF TO THE DARK/LIGHT SIDE" Button at the bottom right of the screen

Dark Juno
Mar 10, 2013

by zen death robot
A comment about pacing of progression.

Players tend to want to stick to the fastest pace of progression that the game allows. Given that the leveling process in this game is so quick, players become used to flying through content, which leads to problems in the end game when progression grinds to a halt (ala GCXP). Bioware have shot themselves in the foot several times with this game, and increasing XP gains/reducing the time to level to max is one of them.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Dark Juno posted:

A comment about pacing of progression.

Players tend to want to stick to the fastest pace of progression that the game allows. Given that the leveling process in this game is so quick, players become used to flying through content, which leads to problems in the end game when progression grinds to a halt (ala GCXP). Bioware have shot themselves in the foot several times with this game, and increasing XP gains/reducing the time to level to max is one of them.

Not to mention the lack of a tracer missile animation, amirite???????

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

That's sort of true. Even now, having come back under this +250% XP thing just so I could finish the lightside stories, I'm kind of bored.

Dark Juno
Mar 10, 2013

by zen death robot
Another problem with faster progression is that the faster a player progresses, the more dissatisfied they become with their pacing, and the more faster they want to progress. A player will be flying through the game but become increasingly dissatisfied that they aren't at the end yet. This is because the faster pace has changed their idea of what they should be able to achieve in certain amount of time. The goal for players becomes less about finishing a quest or task in their allotted play time, and becomes more about finishing the whole game as quickly as possible. This then sets up a cycle of not "going fast enough>go faster>still not going fast enough>go faster".

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

HebrewMagic posted:

I'm getting back into this from a hiatus with my partner and what's this giant "COMMIT YOURSELF TO THE DARK/LIGHT SIDE" Button at the bottom right of the screen

It's tied to the Galactic Command stuff: http://dulfy.net/2016/11/29/swtor-galactic-command-guide/#Dark_vs_Light

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I got Senya's lightsaber pike from a box :woop:

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

I got Senya's lightsaber pike from a box :woop:

Enjoy! I really had fun building that one.

Or, you know, sell it and use the money to buy other fancy things.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

nonentity posted:

Enjoy! I really had fun building that one.

Or, you know, sell it and use the money to buy other fancy things.

That is what I shall do.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I'd use a lightsaber pike if I could but apparently the Wrath never decided to learn to practice with anything other than a standard saber.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

What would be the advantage of the pikesaber over, say, just a really long lightsaber?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

What would be the advantage of the pikesaber over, say, just a really long lightsaber?

Realistically more control - the next time you're pretending that you're swinging a light saber while sweeping the floor, see how hard it is to control holding the very bottom compared to a bit further up.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
More force in your attacks potentially, too, as you can pull on the end of the pike shaft to add momentum to the swing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The knights still have to look menacing when they're standing around with the sabers off so a big pike sells that better.

And until you, they didn't fight other people with lightsabers so having a giant "disable here" sign wasn't a big deal

Medullah posted:

Realistically more control - the next time you're pretending that you're swinging a light saber while sweeping the floor, see how hard it is to control holding the very bottom compared to a bit further up.

Lightsaber blades are supposed to be weightless.

You'd still get more control, but not because of balance.

They would be safer too, so the knights don't have to be as skilled as a Jedi does. With how often they're executed it seems like a good way to go.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Mar 30, 2017

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

You'd still get more control, but not because of balance.

I guess there's still something to it; with a longer saber, movement at the hilt results in more drastic changes at the tip of the blade; with a pike, you at least get to choke up on it if you need to.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, finer control and all that.

But in his example, the reason the broom is difficult to control like that is because of weight.

The pike was the ultimate weapon for ages. You can teach any old idiot to hold a big stick and poke at the bad thing.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Getting them to stay in formation against a charge, on the other hand...

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

I preferred the interpretation that the blades are both weightless and generate a large amount of inertia when swung, which explains why it's easy to hold them in a static pose but saber duels seem to take so much effort in the OT.

Yes, the prequels can eat a dick, why do you ask.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Rakghoul event is here!

The Spookmaster
Sep 9, 2002

Whats stats should I focus on as a dps jugg? I just hit 70 and am just starting to gear myself out

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

The Spookmaster posted:

Whats stats should I focus on as a dps jugg? I just hit 70 and am just starting to gear myself out

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=847112

Juggernaut - Vengeance
7943+-262 DPS @ 45.8 APM | 7167 Endurance | 5901 Mastery (Stim) | 3183 Power
1447 Critical (7xE, 2xC) | 1152 Alacrity (12xA) | 735 Accuracy (3xE, 2xA)

Juggernaut - Rage
7796+-346 DPS @ 47.8 APM | 7167 Endurance | 5901 Mastery (Stim) | 3183 Power
1502 Critical (2xE, 10xA, 2xC) | 1097 Alacrity (5xE, 2xA) | 735 Accuracy (3xE, 2xA)

Mind, that's at 230 ilvl - Eternal Command Mk3 Tier 1 gear. Should be pretty easy to get it all together, and then go from there.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Don't worry about optimization until you get to 242's. Until then take what GC gives you, try to hit 730 ACC and don't go over 1800 Crit. Switch the Acc with Power for PVP.

If NiM raiding is your goal then Mara is where it's at if you want to swing glow sticks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

New content out Tuesday! New mini storyline and daily area! First boss of the new raid! Operations bosses dropping loot again! 250% XP boost ends!

• Locked thread