Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Hrmmmm.

War Room Army

Skorne - Xek wod

Theme: Winds of Death
1 / 1 Free Cards 75 / 75 Army

Beast Master Xekaar - WB: +31
- Aptimus Marketh - PC: 0
- Basilisk Drake - PC: 8 (Battlegroup Points Used: 8)
- Basilisk Krea - PC: 7 (Battlegroup Points Used: 7)
- Chiron - PC: 19 (Battlegroup Points Used: 8)
- Cyclops Shaman - PC: 8
- Agonizer - PC: 6
- Titan Gladiator - PC: 15

Mortitheurge Willbreaker - PC: 4

Paingiver Beast Handlers - Leader & 5 Grunts: 7
Venator Reivers - Leader & 9 Grunts: 15
- Venator Reiver Officer & Standard - Officer & Standard: 4
Venator Catapult Crew - Gunner & 2 Grunts: 5

THEME: Winds of Death
---

GENERATED : 03/25/2017 11:44:23
BUILD ID : 2038.17-03-15

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I'm still not super hot on Kryssa1 because she has no hit/damage buff outside of her feat, but someone pointed out that with Azrael, Children of the Dragon is feasible for her. She can run light on Nephilim but get the Unyielding bonus for Azrael, and run mostly stuff that works with her anyways.

Legion Army - 75 / 75 points
[Theme] Children of the Dragon

(Kryssa 1) Kryssa, Conviction of Everblight [+31]
- Azrael [21]
- Harrier [3]
- Nephilim Protector [10]
Annyssa Ryvaal [8]
Blighted Nyss Warlord [5]
Blighted Nyss Warlord [5]
Incubus (5) [0]
Incubus (5) [6]
Blackfrost Shard [9]
Blighted Nyss Raptors (max) [18]
Blighted Nyss Swordsmen (max) [15]
- Blighted Nyss Swordsman Abbot & Champion [6]

I guess Ashen Veil would go on either Swordsmen or Raptors to start, Tac Supremacy on BFS. Azrael and Raptors pick off stuff early, then feated swordsmen with BFS support go in and wreck stuff. Protector and Harrier mostly hang back to serve as support elements - Harrier won't stick close enough for Annoyance to be a thing, but provides Dodge so Kryssa can use that DEF 18 against charges to step out of the way of assassination runs.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Pyrolocutus posted:

Dazzle camouflage is a concept where you paint irregular geometric patterns on something with large flat surfaces to gently caress with visual perception of how far away it is. It was used on ships and the like back when rangefinding tech wasn't as advanced.

I've actually thought about, if I ever get a Galleon, getting it painted by someone else far better than I am in dazzle camo.

An illustrated example:

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

GoodBee posted:

Oh! I thought you were showing 3 options for your army, not variations between units. I don't think I've seen that before. I don't like it.

The reason I don't like it is because I think it would make the army look less cohesive from the front and I care about poo poo like that. The colors do go well together but I would have considered painting the troops differently before I would have thought about the bases. I mark my units on the back, for my benefit.

Hypothetically I'll have 6 units of drudges that are crazy similar, so although I'll probably label them somewhere on the back in white text, I'd like to be able to distinguish the units from each other with a glance, and my opponents to be able to visually distinguish them from the front as well. The only real piece of the model I could distinguish is the little loincloth bit they have, and it's tiny. I've seen people do the actual surface of the base different, but I didn't like it.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Anyone have the skorne half of the 2 player starter they want to let go cheap?

El_Pato
Dec 27, 2007

PaintVagrant posted:

Hrmmmm.

War Room Army

Skorne - Xek wod

Theme: Winds of Death
1 / 1 Free Cards 75 / 75 Army

Beast Master Xekaar - WB: +31
- Aptimus Marketh - PC: 0
- Basilisk Krea - PC: 7 (Battlegroup Points Used: 7)
- Chiron - PC: 19 (Battlegroup Points Used: 8)
- Cyclops Shaman - PC: 8
- Agonizer - PC: 6
- Titan Gladiator - PC: 15

Mortitheurge Willbreaker - PC: 4

Paingiver Beast Handlers - Leader & 5 Grunts: 7
Venator Reivers - Leader & 9 Grunts: 15
- Venator Reiver Officer & Standard - Officer & Standard: 4
Venator Catapult Crew - Gunner & 2 Grunts: 5

THEME: Winds of Death---

GENERATED : 03/25/2017 11:44:23
BUILD ID : 2038.17-03-15

I want to play this and love it but drat if Xekaar isn't just rough to play. He's the only Skorne lock I don't feel good about putting down to play. At least I won't have to buy Mr. Huge Arms Drake

On the other hand all the boosts on spray 10's sounds sweeeeet. Let us know how it goes if you try it.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

El_Pato posted:

I want to play this and love it but drat if Xekaar isn't just rough to play. He's the only Skorne lock I don't feel good about putting down to play. At least I won't have to buy Mr. Huge Arms Drake

On the other hand all the boosts on spray 10's sounds sweeeeet. Let us know how it goes if you try it.

Agreed. I really love the Xekaar model and I'm happy with how my on-again off-again paint job on the model is going, but drat if he is not just boring to play. He exists to cast Mortality and you bring Marketh along to avoid losing cause you moved up to cast Mortality. I rarely have any kind of "meaningful" turn with the caster.

If the gaggle of Basilisks makes him fun, I'd be down to buy Chiron. Otherwise, eeh?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Went 3-1 at a World Ender qualifier event today (got the drat bye round 1), and came in 4th! Missed out on 3rd by a single point of SoS. Which is kinda exciting but gets even more so after I post my lists...

http://conflictchamber.com/#b81b4wee4Bgk4zc9c9go575c5f

Circle Army - 74 / 75 points

(Mohsar 1) Mohsar the Desertwalker [+27]
- Argus Moonhound [6]
- Gorax Rager [7]
- Storm Raptor [38]
- Wild Argus [7]
Gallows Grove [2]
Gallows Grove [2]
Druid Mist Riders (max) [20]
Druids of Orboros [12]
- Druid of Orboros Overseer [4]
Shifting Stones [3]

And

http://conflictchamber.com/#b81b_-0qcGeeeD4B5l5lc95j4S5s5f4T4W

Circle Army - 75 / 75 points
[Theme] The Wild Hunt

(Morvahna 2) Morvahna the Dawnshadow [+27]
- Argus Moonhound [6]
- Brennos the Elderhorn [17]
- Gorax Rager [7]
- Warpwolf Stalker [19]
- Warpwolf Stalker [19]
Gallows Grove [2]
War Wolf [2]
Reeves of Orboros (max) [16]
- Reeve of Orboros Chieftain & Standard [0]
Shifting Stones [3]
Wolves of Orboros (min) [7]
- Wolves of Orboros Chieftain & Standard [4]

And gets even MORE exciting after I tell you that I won twice with the Mohsar list and lost only with Morvahna...

In my second game I assassinated Ossrum by running a mist rider, sands of fating Mohsar in, casting curse of shadows and Sky Fire, and then zapping him twice with the Raptor, while he was on feat! Bzzzt.
In my last game I spent a total of 28 Fury points just healing the goddamn Raptor, as 1 by 1 I picked away at the other guys heavies (which I repeatedly knocked over with my druids!).

Hail Satan, and gosh bless the Storm Raptor.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Tried colossal wrestling and it was boring as poo poo

You just walk forward and hit each other. The rules expect to ride on the back of attack names like "hoksune headbutt" when every attack is basically the same. A contested die roll and margin of success = damage.

El_Pato
Dec 27, 2007
Awesome Doc up there.

Question for the thread, cool conversion or just confusing?:

Local player tried to tell me it was confusing recently but he might just be a turd sometimes.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

It's a warhog right?

My friend has a monstrosity that uses a warhog base by has the razor flails

Ysera
Feb 19, 2012

Playing and painting poorly.

El_Pato posted:

Awesome Doc up there.

Question for the thread, cool conversion or just confusing?:

Local player tried to tell me it was confusing recently but he might just be a turd sometimes.

Eh, it is cool, but it's also a bit confusing. I think the anchor is fine, the issue is with the drill. Drills / buzz saws typically mean the model has Sustained Attack, or Shred. It's also longer than normal for a weapon with 1" reach. I'm not saying that I would be confused if I saw it across the table and it was explained. But I can see why someone would be confused.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

The driller's drill is 1inch reach though

El_Pato
Dec 27, 2007

Ysera posted:

Eh, it is cool, but it's also a bit confusing. I think the anchor is fine, the issue is with the drill. Drills / buzz saws typically mean the model has Sustained Attack, or Shred. It's also longer than normal for a weapon with 1" reach. I'm not saying that I would be confused if I saw it across the table and it was explained. But I can see why someone would be confused.

Yeah, I can see why the drill would be an issue. Wondering if I should modify the drill (maybe chop it down a bit to make it look like he's just beating people with it) or just swap that arm out in case I take the pigs to a tournament ever. People can figure it out in casual but I don't want it to be an issue in a tourney game.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

I think you should go hog wild with your conversion. Build a separate unconverted one if you decide later you want to take it to tournaments.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
I think it not being painted it probably looks more of an issue than it is. Unpainted, the drill stands out a lot by contrast, and so because it stands out and is custom, it feels like its in some way 'relevant' that there's a drill, when there obviously isn't. I think once its painted I think it will feel more like 'Big Pig carrying generic hurt-stuff', which isn't really confusing.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Anyone had any experience using Kell Bailock in mk3? He seems pretty nuts good now, but it's often the case that stuff that looks good on paper doesn't really translate?

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Kell is sweet if you can plop a cloud on him (like pzerkova can). Double deadly shot can nix a whole column on a warjack or kill a solo outright. Dudes a monster.
Otherwise you gotta put him in a forest which is painful due to his lack of pathfinder. But basically if you can trigger prowl he's golden.
He ignores tough which is dope, and he's got magic weapon so gently caress incorporeal forever.

wearing a lampshade fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Mar 28, 2017

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

He isn't supposed to move much, so being stuck in a forest isn't a huge problem

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

It is when you're trying to get away from something though. If he has to run to keep his distance then he's not killing stuff.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
He's pretty decent, but most people pack ways to remove low arm stealth solos like that. An arced lightning, a blast floated on his head, a magic bullet, trick shot, etc makes him suddenly not worth his points.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

True, but I'd argue he has more good matchups than bad.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Yeah, I guess.

Mind you the only time I ever put mercenaries in my list is if it's sylys or reinholdt so I'm just sort of down on mercs in general. I feel like most factions have a better option in the slot that's in-faction. Also theme lists are going to continue push mercs out even further

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Yeah I'm usually pretty free with including mercs if they're good. Kell + marksman has been my goto sniper package since mk3 dropped, maybe widows if i have the points and no rifle corps.

Personally i love that package because a) they're cheap (9pts total), b) they can scalpel a cortex easily and early, and c) people generally tend to worry and try to kill them first even if it means opening up an unfavourable piece trade.

With those two i usually get to neuter a jack/beast, kill a good solo or support, and get a bunch of heat taken off stuff that'll get more work done later (like jacks, drakhuns, manowars, etc).

A drifted aoe that only kills kell is better than a drifted aoe that takes a bunch of my IFP before they get to hurt stuff imo.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Kell is pretty good in Khador

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Kell sees plenty of play in Menoth, usually with knockdown tech like Kreoss1 or Malekus

He's great

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I should not have started looking at the convergence stuff in war room

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

He's a regular in The Kingmaker's Army and played in mercs even outside it.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Jimmy Hats posted:

Yeah, I guess.

Mind you the only time I ever put mercenaries in my list is if it's sylys or reinholdt so I'm just sort of down on mercs in general. I feel like most factions have a better option in the slot that's in-faction. Also theme lists are going to continue push mercs out even further

Hmm, yeah, I guess I should have mentioned I play mercs. Well, Rhulic and Cephalyx. Is there a good way to hot swap snipe with Ossrum?

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

!Klams posted:

Hmm, yeah, I guess I should have mentioned I play mercs. Well, Rhulic and Cephalyx. Is there a good way to hot swap snipe with Ossrum?

Two siege crawlers

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

S.J. posted:

I should not have started looking at the convergence stuff in war room

Dude my lgs has the CoC all in one box and its all I can do not to drop a part my tax return on it. They seem so good and no one in my meta plays them.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

lokipunk posted:

Dude my lgs has the CoC all in one box and its all I can do not to drop a part my tax return on it. They seem so good and no one in my meta plays them.

There will be another one coming out this year too :v:

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

S.J. posted:

There will be another one coming out this year too :v:

Little less than $200 to get 100 pts of CoC? All in CoC

susan
Jan 14, 2013
Lock & Load event registration 1pm PDT today.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

lokipunk posted:

Little less than $200 to get 100 pts of CoC? All in CoC

Do it. I'm probably going to pick the new box up when it comes out myself just to have something different/easy to paint.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

S.J. posted:

Do it. I'm probably going to pick the new box up when it comes out myself just to have something different/easy to paint.

I really want to do them in a clean plastic white, but unfortunately my painting would end up with a muddy gross gray. Almost want to use something like testors white to get that nice clean vacuum formed plastic look. No go on CoC though, as I just ordered a bunch of Circle. Cryx still my first love faction, but winning games is also pretty fun.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
"Go ahead. Tell me I'm useless in MK3"

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Mark three does need to rebalance combat solos

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
I was just being a smartass asking for comments on the paint job. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I think there's a little too much red, but other than that I like it.

Also, yeah, combat solos