Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

GobiasIndustries posted:

Lol I left my phone in the car Sunday night, didn't answer my phone Monday morning because said phone was in the car, my mom texted me a few times then called the cops because she thought I was dead or something. Which apparently gives them permission to search my premises. They knocked on the door, then went out in the backyard searched the garage. So then I opened the back door and was immediately cuffed because I guess that's what happens when someone tells the police you might be dead.

We chatted about the NCAA tournament and the new Zelda game, I literally had to pause a podcast on my laptop while cuffed because the officer didn't know how to do it, they took my blood pressure and left.

It was...a weird day.

hey, the good news is if you were black you would be dead now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I'm surprised more tech nerds aren't up in arms over this

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

hopefully this is like the time i had the 55 gallon drum of lube in my amazon search history and they recommended a horse mask to me

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Police are usurpers of Death

Death does not discriminate, but the police does

gently caress the police, basically

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

GobiasIndustries posted:

Lol I left my phone in the car Sunday night, didn't answer my phone Monday morning because said phone was in the car, my mom texted me a few times then called the cops because she thought I was dead or something. Which apparently gives them permission to search my premises. They knocked on the door, then went out in the backyard searched the garage. So then I opened the back door and was immediately cuffed because I guess that's what happens when someone tells the police you might be dead.

We chatted about the NCAA tournament and the new Zelda game, I literally had to pause a podcast on my laptop while cuffed because the officer didn't know how to do it, they took my blood pressure and left.

It was...a weird day.

wait wait i got something for this

police helicopter mom

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Al! posted:

Nunes (striking reporter with own microphone): "Why are you recusing yourself? Why are you recusing yourself??"

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I'll add that story to my list of reasons I don't have a cell phone for people who just can't understand why I don't have a cell phone. Spoiler alert: the real reason is I hate everyone and talking to everyone.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Al! posted:

police helicopter mom

hahaha lol

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Al! posted:

police helicopter mom

:pwn:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Al! posted:

police helicopter mom

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

GobiasIndustries posted:

It was...a weird day.

Call your mom, jerk

and umm, maybe embellish this story a bit when you impress a girl :hai:

all in all, this street experience toughened you up and expanded your outlook on life and im glad of it

in the age of trump u were arrested, and now that you know what its like, u can fight for your right to NOT be arrested or whatever because of others who are arrested right now and stuff

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

GobiasIndustries posted:

It was...a weird day.

lol the security guards at my apartment called the cops on me for being drunk (i had hit my head and my hair and shirt were covered in blood and i guess they saw me or something) so the cops came banging on my door and then asked if they could come take a look around. of course i said "nobody is coming inside" and they kicked rocks. lmao know ur rights dude.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Al! posted:

police helicopter mom

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

triple sulk posted:

I'm surprised more tech nerds aren't up in arms over this

They have been gently worn down over the years by all the empty threats to do some of this poo poo. Remember when all those websites shut off for a day?

Republicans finally did it though.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Feminasty Slut posted:

I'll add that story to my list of reasons I don't have a cell phone for people who just can't understand why I don't have a cell phone. Spoiler alert: the real reason is I hate everyone and talking to everyone.

now tell us about all the televisions you dont even own

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Feminasty Slut posted:

"i dont have a cell phone" is the new "i dont hava tv"

also lol i have a cell phone but i haven't paid for it to have cell phone service in like, 3 months now

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

:sniff:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I have one TV and I use it exclusively as a big rear end monitor for steam games.

E: also I watch CNN on it because I hate myself.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
hey guys i dont have a facebook account

im a libertarian

i dont own a tv

free market you guys

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/jallensparks/status/846500350387535873

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

good for the spiders, I guess?

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

imo TRUMP!!!!!! sjhould get a beard and combine with the this look

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

mormonpartyboat posted:

hows ur blood pressure doin

apparently fine? Don't remember the exact measurements but my pulse was 98 which I think is pretty OK considering I had 5 police officers with guns in my house and I was just being unhandcuffed.

mormonpartyboat posted:

and did u joke "i bet its a bit high right now!!!!!!"

I didn't joke at all until they uncuffed me and they started joking about my insane mom. I'm laughing now but dudes with guns came into my house and cuffed me, I don't own a weapon other than technically my kitchen knives, it was loving terrifying.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
eat my butt dust, spiders

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

:toot: time to proxy up

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

imagine if tony soprano was president

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

GobiasIndustries posted:

It was...a weird day.

What'd your mom say about it

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Police doing anything is terrifying, I had two beers over two hours (w/ food!) last Friday and got pulled over for driving over the lines and I thought I was going to jail until I blew a .028. The dude told me that the test needed the air in the bottom of my lungs so I'm like 'So that's the air I'm not giving you' and did this bitch blow onto the device and the guy kept yelling at me that I was trying to cheat the system :lol:

The time before that I was 100% convinced I was going to get shot by the cop, the guy was completely freaked out and kept reaching towards his gun. I could not imagine being black in this country, I'd have a heart attack.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Kurtofan posted:

imagine if tony soprano was president

fegetaboutit

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Darkman Fanpage posted:

:toot: time to proxy up

lol as if this doesnt affect everything you've already touched.

also use a vpn.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

tbf i think most of the world has given up on proofreading. it drives me insane how many typos i find everywhere

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

GobiasIndustries posted:

apparently fine? Don't remember the exact measurements but my pulse was 98 which I think is pretty OK considering I had 5 police officers with guns in my house and I was just being unhandcuffed.

I didn't joke at all until they uncuffed me and they started joking about my insane mom. I'm laughing now but dudes with guns came into my house and cuffed me, I don't own a weapon other than technically my kitchen knives, it was loving terrifying.

lol

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Philthy posted:

hey guys i dont have a facebook account

im a libertarian

i dont own a tv

free market you guys

This is literally one of my uncles, also he works on a missile base lol

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

jarofpiss posted:

lol the security guards at my apartment called the cops on me for being drunk (i had hit my head and my hair and shirt were covered in blood and i guess they saw me or something) so the cops came banging on my door and then asked if they could come take a look around. of course i said "nobody is coming inside" and they kicked rocks. lmao know ur rights dude.

When I opened the door and told them I didn't consent to them entering the apartment they literally cuffed me for 'seeming agitated' and apparently if someone calls the police and tells them that you are a harmful threat to someone they can do that. So...I learned something.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Brother Friendship posted:

Police doing anything is terrifying, I had two beers over two hours (w/ food!) last Friday and got pulled over for driving over the lines and I thought I was going to jail until I blew a .028. The dude told me that the test needed the air in the bottom of my lungs so I'm like 'So that's the air I'm not giving you' and did this bitch blow onto the device and the guy kept yelling at me that I was trying to cheat the system :lol:

The time before that I was 100% convinced I was going to get shot by the cop, the guy was completely freaked out and kept reaching towards his gun. I could not imagine being black in this country, I'd have a heart attack.
what the gently caress is wrong with you

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

anime was right posted:

lol as if this doesnt affect everything you've already touched.

also use a vpn.

im not good with computers so thanks for the tip

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Philthy posted:

fegetaboutit

Words to the wise, remember pearl harbor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Baloogan posted:

lol, get a gun

Yeah I'm 100% doing this when I have the funds.

• Locked thread