Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Now, ya see, if Patrick Stewart guest hosted Wrestlemania maybe I could change my tune WWE.

As it is Brock/Goldberg 2 and Roman/Taker just don't sell it for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Jiro posted:

Has WWE put out an official statement regarding the death of Jan Ross? I don't think I've seen them express their condolences anywhere as an official company statement. poo poo even TNA has enough of their poo poo together to put out something on their official twitter feed.

They wished him and her the best on SDL last week, but that was before she passed away.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Tato posted:

those are some pretty mean sistas

What would you even do with half the old-school divas in a WWE 2k18 game if they're playable? Their entire moveset would just be slaps.

Don't talk like you're not excited to finally play the Asuka vs BB Bush dream match everyone is clamoring for.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

In theory, if you're doing a pre-show on USA, it would be pretty drat smart to put Aries and Neville on right before the main show and give them like 15-20 to work, but that probably won't happen.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bring back Major Gunns.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

oldpainless posted:

If you really want to make a change in WWE then take a look at the man in the mirror

edit: whoops, beaten. well whatever.

Mulaney Power Move fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Mar 28, 2017

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/AustinAries/status/846825013936345088 https://twitter.com/AustinAries/status/846825336750911489

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
The Usos don't have WM (preshow) opponents yet, do they? Hopefully that gets straightened out tonight.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

An admirable effort

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pitbull and the other guy loving sucks, fitting for this WM i guess.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I am rapidly becoming an Austin Aries fan. Dude is cool.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

maybe i am looking at this from the wrong angle but i swear i remember tailgating where that pond is now when i went to ucf

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

I am rapidly becoming an Austin Aries fan. Dude is cool.

#askquestions.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Austin Aires has always been good. I don't give a poo poo if he is dumb.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

Dudes got some poo poo opinions but at least he's a good wrestler.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

DoctorGonzo posted:

Silly Jiro, we need time for HHH entrance, Taker dragging is carcass to the ring and the HILARIOUS New Day segments.

Get a job!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Spikeguy posted:

#askquestions.

Yeah thats the thing. I never saw him wrestle on the indies and stuff so all I knew of him was that and the Christie Hemme thing. Hes a really great commentator and worker though.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mulaney Power Move posted:

maybe i am looking at this from the wrong angle but i swear i remember tailgating where that pond is now when i went to ucf

I think you are looking from the wrong angle since that is not a new lake.

ribtstu
Feb 11, 2017
is there anything any of you are excited for on the mania card? i never sat and really looked at it until now and it does not look good

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I don't really like Aries-Neville on the pre-show but I do think they'll actually have more time than they otherwise would have been given, and I'm good with that.

ribtstu posted:

is there anything any of you are excited for on the mania card? i never sat and really looked at it until now and it does not look good

I don't have strong faith in them booking the show correctly, but from a pure work/entertainment standpoint, I think it could be very good. The product sucks right now and the people in charge of it suck even worse, but most of these guys are very good and I have faith in them bringing it. I expect to be lifted up just to be let down all night, but the good moments should be pretty good.

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Mar 28, 2017

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

I think you are looking from the wrong angle since that is not a new lake.

you're right. it's 90 degrees off.

anyway that used to be a bad part of town. i remember having trouble getting cab drivers to pick us up there one time.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

My friend bought a parking pass, so thankfully I don't have to worry about driving. Gonna get some tailgate stuff, too.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

ribtstu posted:

The Ladder match, Aries vs Neville, and Dean vs Corbin should all be fun. Other stuff might be too.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jericho v Owens should be fantastic, both guys have done a killer job building the match and the crowd should be super into it

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

St Evan Echoes posted:

Jericho v Owens should be fantastic, both guys have done a killer job building the match and the crowd should be super into it

I keep forgetting that match is on the card.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

okay maybe they didn't do that good a job :sigh:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

whose yard is it

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

They want to put a few "must see" matches on the preshow because otherwise why the gently caress would anyone watch a 10-hour or whatever Wrestlemania. They arguably attempted the same thing last year by having the Ryback/Kalisto US Title match on the pre-show. (Also I guess the SD women's match is analogous to the 10-women tag they had last year.)

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Why...um...why not just make the pre show part of the regular show? Is there a difference?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Gatts posted:

Why...um...why not just make the pre show part of the regular show? Is there a difference?

The preshow is free on Youtube and stuff, main show is pay only. Also a 3 hour show followed by a 6.5 hour show sounds less scary to commit to than a 10 hour show.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Gatts posted:

We wouldn't want those pre-show losers wrestling in front of a full stadium!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Really hoping that we get a few 45 minute promos from Steph and HHH for Wrestlemania. Maybe even a 15 minute backstage segment with Enzo nude talking about chickens.

Oh silly me, an overcoming the odds segment with Sami would be a good thing for Wrestlemania.

A helicopter shot of the yard that is at stake for Roman and Undertaker also. Man there's some good potential for WM33.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The pre-show also airs on USA Network which drew 1.3 million viewers last year, so it's still pretty good exposure for the wrestlers even if they're not on the "real" Mania card.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I want a segment where al rocker is walking around and out comes the wacky cast of characters we know as wrestlers. Maybe they can throw in some product placement or something!!!

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

sportsgenius86 posted:

I don't really like Aries-Neville on the pre-show but I do think they'll actually have more time than they otherwise would have been given, and I'm good with that.

Aren't preshow matches like 8 mins long with commercials so they can fit more Booker T? Quack quack

One team that sure isn't complaining about being on the preshow, The Usos. On a side note, is it just me or are those 3 Raw teams some of the weirdest teams to have a ladder match with?

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Mar 28, 2017

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Putting Enzo in a ladder match is legit more scary to me than anything Shane might do.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Blaise330 posted:

Aren't preshow matches like 8 mins long with commercials so they can fit more Booker T? Quack quack

Last year Kalisto vs Ryback went 9 minutes, the 10 woman tag went 13, and Usos vs Dudleys went 6.

E: year before, the 4 way tag went 9 minutes and the Andre went 18.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

rovert posted:

They are bringing the likes of Teri Runnels and Jacqueline!

jacqueline is already in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

It probably doesn't really mean anything but Wyatt/Orton has top billing on that and the rest of the card falls about where I would expect it to 🤔

• Locked thread